Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Dual Boot Linux Recommendation Post 302611035 by billcrosby on Thursday 22nd of March 2012 06:25:49 AM
Old 03-22-2012
Dual Boot Linux Recommendation

Hi there,

Let me make things simple........I want to dual boot Vista 32 bit with some version of Linux / Unix OS.

Please recommend........Open SuSE 11, Fedora 9, Ubuntu etc etc 32 bit or 64 bit??

My desktop is Sony Vaio VGC-LS1.

Lap top Dell XPS 1710.

Hoping to hear your recommendations,

Thanks in advance!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Again Linux and Win2k dual boot

Hello, sorry to bug again....a friend of mine who works for a software company asked the network guy there .....I want to install Linux 7.2 on my windows 2000 box....Mr. Network said that I should have installed linux first then 2k.....does it really make a difference which operating system is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonas27
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DUAL BOOT redhat linux 7.3 - W2K

Hi, i know a little bit of Unix, but not a whole lot. I have a PC with W2K running on it. I want to install redhat Linux 7.3 as new OS in dual boot. do I need to install a boot manager like system commander or does the linux install detects other OS'es and create a dual boot 4 me (like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxthree
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XP/Linux dual boot

Does anyone have any idea how I can manage an XP/Linux dual boot (I want to use debian), I can't find anything about it on the internet! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XDC_Wolf
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install linux from cd, for dual boot w/98

I am a new user w/Linux-Unix, i want to know were i have to start first, install linux first or win 98 first, i have a 30-gig harddrive on my home pc , do i have enough space to run linux and 98 w/dual booting (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe barone
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

windows -linux dual boot............

I am trying to implement a dual boot on my laptop ... using a small xp partition and fedora core 269.1-fc2 i686 linux kernel.. so far I have had to log off and reboot to enter the other partition... but this is getting frustrating.. windows is on /dev/hda1 and 1-5 is on the linux partition. I have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual boot x86 Sol 10, and Linux

I've loaded sol 10, and I left 20 Gig of 70 free, I can't seem to find a straight forward proc. for loading the Linux RH. Does anyone have one, or can they point me to one ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdel80
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris/Linux Dual Boot

From googling around, I have found that dual booting isn't so hard... if you are installing both for the first time. However, I couldn't find anything on if I can preserve my Solaris 10 partition that is already installed. Any words of advice? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GeekMasterFlash
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run linux in windows 7 without dual boot?

tell me in steps if its virtual box (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahor1989
2 Replies
FFS(3P) 						     POSIX Programmer's Manual							   FFS(3P)

PROLOG
This manual page is part of the POSIX Programmer's Manual. The Linux implementation of this interface may differ (consult the correspond- ing Linux manual page for details of Linux behavior), or the interface may not be implemented on Linux. NAME
ffs - find first set bit SYNOPSIS
#include <strings.h> int ffs(int i); DESCRIPTION
The ffs() function shall find the first bit set (beginning with the least significant bit) in i, and return the index of that bit. Bits are numbered starting at one (the least significant bit). RETURN VALUE
The ffs() function shall return the index of the first bit set. If i is 0, then ffs() shall return 0. ERRORS
No errors are defined. The following sections are informative. EXAMPLES
None. APPLICATION USAGE
None. RATIONALE
None. FUTURE DIRECTIONS
None. SEE ALSO
The Base Definitions volume of IEEE Std 1003.1-2001, <strings.h> COPYRIGHT
Portions of this text are reprinted and reproduced in electronic form from IEEE Std 1003.1, 2003 Edition, Standard for Information Technol- ogy -- Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6, Copyright (C) 2001-2003 by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc and The Open Group. In the event of any discrepancy between this version and the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard, the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard is the referee document. The original Standard can be obtained online at http://www.opengroup.org/unix/online.html . IEEE
/The Open Group 2003 FFS(3P)