Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting command to know last modified user of a file Post 302610753 by karnatis on Wednesday 21st of March 2012 06:45:17 PM
Old 03-21-2012
shell script requirement

Hi

I need to save the owner ,size and last modified date of a files into local variables of my shell script.
So that i can write this info into a different file.

Thanks,
-Suman K

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modified dates to a file without the cut command

how can i write the modified dates of all of the files in my directory to a file. i dont want any of the other junk from ls in there. i cant use the cut command (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cypher
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod command for recently modified files

hello! is there a way for me to use the chmod command to change permissions for several files all at once -based on the fact that these files were all most recently modified TODAY ? I can't use a wildcard on their filenames because the filenames are varied. But I was hoping I could somehow do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polka_friend
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to retrieve original contents of a modified file (modified using vi)

Made changes to a file using vi editor and saved those changes now realised that the changes are not required How can I get the previous version of the file.i.e the one which was there on which I had made changes (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice100
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a filename modified by attaching modified timestamp

Hi, I want to modify a filename in AIX by attaching the last modified timestamp. I want the timestamp completely in numerical format (eg:200905081210. yr-2009, mnth - 05, date -08, hr - 12, mins - 10). For example if the filename is a.log and it was modified on April 6th 2008 at 21.00. I... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ruks
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to know files modified morethan 30 min

Hi, i use ksh and want to know the command for gettting the files which were not modified in last 30 min. find . -name <filename > -mtime 0.0209 is not giving the results. Thanks , Mohan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command for recently modified files - "find" command not working

I have three files a.txt , b.txt , c.txt in a directory called my_dir1 .These files were created before two or three months . I have a tar file called my_tar1.tar which contains three files a.txt , b.txt , d.txt . Somebody untarred the my_tar1.tar into my_dir1 directory. So existing two files were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joe.mani
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to modified files using sed command

hi all, i will like to modified some files with the extension .gjf . All this files have in first line this #P PM3 Opt and i want to change that to this : %nproc=2 %chk=filename.chk #p B3LYP /6-31G** opt in order to do that i have try to do a script with the sed command but i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: juanchy
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command to get the modified files past 2 hours

Hello, How to get the modified/created files past 2 hours in Solaris with find command? Thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Du command and modified date in ssh

Hello, I am a new user to linux and having trouble completing this task. I want to list a directory of files and folders including the name, human readable size, and last modified date. So far I can get two of the three but not all together. For example: Using ls -lh gives me drwxr-xr-x... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newuzer
7 Replies
gnomevfs-info(1)						   User Commands						  gnomevfs-info(1)

NAME
gnomevfs-info - display a list of file information SYNOPSIS
gnomevfs-info URI DESCRIPTION
gnomevfs-info displays the following information about a file: o Name: filename o Type: [Regular|Directory] o MIME type: mime-type o Size: file-size o Blocks: #blocks o I/O block size: block-size o Local: [YES|NO] o SUID: [YES|NO] o SGID: [YES|NO] o Sticky: [YES|NO] o Permissions: octal permissions o Link count: #links o UID: owner-uid o GID: owner-gid o Access time: date-and-time o Modification time: date-and-time o Change time: date-and-time o Device #: device# o Inode #: inode# o Readable: [YES|NO] o Writable: [YES|NO] o Executable: [YES|NO] OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: URI Specifies the file or directory location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Getting File Information for a Local File example% gnomevfs-info file:///etc/nsswitch.conf ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnomevfs-info Executable to display a list of file information ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnomevfs-cat(1), gnomevfs-copy(1), gnomevfs-ls(1), gnomevfs-mkdir(1) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2004 gnomevfs-info(1)