Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Exclude dash (-) from word separators in vi Post 302610735 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 21st of March 2012 05:34:07 PM
Old 03-21-2012
Well, I had not thought about it. Hmm. For vim edit .vimrc
Code:
#change this
set iskeyword=!-~,^*,^45,^124,^34,192-255
#to this
set iskeyword=!~,^*,^45,^124,^34,192-255

I'll dig thru some junk to see about vi
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to remove separators from file

Hi, I have huge file, head -1 filneame gives, I just want to remove "##colsep##" from the file, and also want to count the no. of fileds present, as in Output shld be in newfile as TRADE_KEY,TRADE_DATE and total no. of fileds separated by these comma's ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceboykunal123
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude specific word from input file problem asking...

Hi, Below is my input file and desired output file: Input file: >header_N_1 ASFDGDGNDGEGWETWRYWTETWNETOWETWETWNETTETNWET . . Desired output file: >header_N_1 ASFDGDGDGEGWETWRYWTETWETOWETWETWETTETWET . . From the input file, I just hope to exclude the 'N' word from its content... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use two separators in awk.

Hi, Gurus, I have a file like 1 234, 345, 456 2 345, 456, 345 I want to use awk with multipe separator ( one is comma, another is space)print out $1, $3 which should be: 1, 345 2, 456 but I don't know how to put space as separator with another separator. Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
7 Replies

4. Ubuntu

[Solved] Using Find with an exclude/exclude file

I am familiar with using tar and exclude/include files: tar zcf backup.dirs.tgz --files-from=include.mydirs --exclude-from=exclude.mydirs --no-recursion but was wondering if I could use find in the same way. I know that you can just specify the directories to exclude but my list is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can one use 2 field separators in awk?

I have files such as n02-z30-dsr65-terr0.25-dc0.008-16x12drw-run1.cmd I am wondering if it is possible to define two field separators "-" and "." for these strings so that $7 is run1. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore quoted separators

Hi, I'm trying to parse a text file which uses commas as field separators. Fields are double quoted, and may themselves contain commas, like this: "1","John Smith","London","123" "2","Mary Robertson","Horsham, Sussex","456" This causes problems for the following command cut -d","... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sven44
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to count word occurrences, but exclude some?

I am trying to count the occurrences of ALL words in a file. However, I want to exclude certain words: short words (i.e. <3 chars), and words contained in an blacklist file. There is also a desire to count words that are capitalized (e.g. proper names). I am not 100% sure where the line on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cronk
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude dash in grep

Hi, I must be overlooking something, but I don't understand why this doesn't work. I'm trying to grep on a date, excluding all the lines starting with a dash: testfile: #2013-12-31 2013-12-31code: grep '^2013-12-31' testfileI'm expecting to see just the second line '2013-12-31' but I don't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A dash to GOTO or a dash from GOTO, that is the question...

Well, guys I saw a question about GOTO for Python. So this gave me the inspiration to attempt a GOTO function for 'dash', (bash and ksh too). Machine: MBP OSX 10.14.3, default bash terminal, calling '#!/usr/local/bin/dash'... This is purely a fun project to see if it is possible in PURE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
3 Replies
CTAGS(1)						      General Commands Manual							  CTAGS(1)

NAME
ctags - Generates "tags" and (optionally) "refs" files SYNOPSIS
ctags [-stvra] filesnames... DESCRIPTION
ctags generates the "tags" and "refs" files from a group of C source files. The "tags" file is used by Elvis' ":tag" command, control-] command, and -t option. The "refs" file is sometimes used by the ref(1) program. Each C source file is scanned for #define statements and global function definitions. The name of the macro or function becomes the name of a tag. For each tag, a line is added to the "tags" file which contains: - the name of the tag - a tab character - the name of the file containing the tag - a tab character - a way to find the particular line within the file. The filenames list will typically be the names of all C source files in the current directory, like this: $ ctags -stv *.[ch] OPTIONS
-t Include typedefs. A tag will be generated for each user-defined type. Also tags will be generated for struct and enum names. Types are considered to be global if they are defined in a header file, and static if they are defined in a C source file. -v Include variable declarations. A tag will be generated for each variable, except for those that are declared inside the body of a function. -s Include static tags. Ctags will normally put global tags in the "tags" file, and silently ignore the static tags. This flag causes both global and static tags to be added. The name of a static tag is generated by prefixing the name of the declared item with the name of the file where it is defined, with a colon in between. For example, "static foo(){}" in "bar.c" results in a tag named "bar.c:foo". -r This causes ctags to generate both "tags" and "refs". Without -r, it would only generate "tags". -a Append to "tags", and maybe "refs". Normally, ctags overwrites these files each time it is invoked. This flag is useful when you have to many files in the current directory for you to list them on a single command-line; it allows you to split the arguments among several invocations. FILES
tags A cross-reference that lists each tag name, the name of the source file that contains it, and a way to locate a particular line in the source file. refs The "refs" file contains the definitions for each tag in the "tags" file, and very little else. This file can be useful, for exam- ple, when licensing restrictions prevent you from making the source code to the standard C library readable by everybody, but you still everybody to know what arguments the library functions need. BUGS
ctags is sensitive to indenting and line breaks. Consequently, it might not discover all of the tags in a file that is formatted in an unusual way. SEE ALSO
elvis(1), refs(1) AUTHOR
Steve Kirkendall kirkenda@cs.pdx.edu CTAGS(1)