Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple encryption in python
Top Forums Programming Simple encryption in python Post 302610641 by pandeesh on Wednesday 21st of March 2012 01:49:48 PM
Old 03-21-2012
in my example: input text is "well".
So, the result should be :
Code:
(ascii value for w)+1 (ascii value for e)+2 (ascii value for l)+3  (ascii value for l)+4

Code:
 120 103 111 112

This is what i am trying.
Thanks

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Writing simple python setup commands

Building software in most languages is a pain. Remember ant build.xml, maven2 pom files, and multi-level makefiles? Python has a simple solution for building modules, applications, and extensions called distutils. Disutils comes as part of the Python distribution so there are no other packages... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Simple Perl/Python Script

I have the following problem, which I need done in Perl/ or Python using Unix/linux filters... 1. You have a very large file, named 'ColCheckMe', tab-delmited, that you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColCheckMe' has 7 columns, and that the values in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnilsagarwal
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Perl/Python Script

I have the following problem, which I need done in Perl/ or Python using Unix/linux filters... 1. You have a very large file, named 'ColCheckMe', tab-delmited, that you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColCheckMe' has 7 columns, and that the values... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnilsagarwal
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

File encryption tools with MAC address as an encryption key

Hi all, I'm looking for secure file encryption tools that use MAC address as encryption key. FYI, I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS. For example: when A wants to send file to B A will encrypt the file with B's computer MAC/IP address as an encryption key This file can only be decrypted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergionicosta
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Python script to do simple audio capture...

This site is the first to get this snippet. It will capture an audio recording of any time length within the limits of OSX's QuickTime Player's capablility... A shell script derivative of this will be used as a further capture for CygWin's AudioScope.sh. Thoroughly read ALL the comments in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Python Code Question

I have the following code: #!/usr/bin/env python mylist = def printWithoutNewlines(): for objects in mylist: #print(objects) objects = objects.replace('hello', "hi") print objects When executed, it gives the following output: ## ./loop.py hi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
ISUPPER(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						ISUPPER(3)

NAME
isupper -- upper-case character test LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <ctype.h> int isupper(int c); DESCRIPTION
The isupper() function tests for any upper-case letter. The value of the argument must be representable as an unsigned char or the value of EOF. In the ASCII character set, this includes the following characters (with their numeric values shown in octal): 101 ``A'' 102 ``B'' 103 ``C'' 104 ``D'' 105 ``E'' 106 ``F'' 107 ``G'' 110 ``H'' 111 ``I'' 112 ``J'' 113 ``K'' 114 ``L'' 115 ``M'' 116 ``N'' 117 ``O'' 120 ``P'' 121 ``Q'' 122 ``R'' 123 ``S'' 124 ``T'' 125 ``U'' 126 ``V'' 127 ``W'' 130 ``X'' 131 ``Y'' 132 ``Z'' RETURN VALUES
The isupper() function returns zero if the character tests false and returns non-zero if the character tests true. COMPATIBILITY
The 4.4BSD extension of accepting arguments outside of the range of the unsigned char type in locales with large character sets is considered obsolete and may not be supported in future releases. The iswupper() function should be used instead. SEE ALSO
ctype(3), iswupper(3), toupper(3), ascii(7) STANDARDS
The isupper() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9899:1990 (``ISO C90''). BSD
July 17, 2005 BSD