Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun/Oracle M5000 Question
Special Forums Hardware Sun/Oracle M5000 Question Post 302610539 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 21st of March 2012 11:33:31 AM
Old 03-21-2012
what is the output of:
Code:
showboards -a -v
showdcl -a -v
showhardconf -u

from xscf?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

M5000 Question

Hi, I 've a fully loaded M5000 which i would like to partition in 4 domains but i have a concern that since we have only 4 internal disks how can we partition the box in for domains with 2 disks ( mirrored ) in each domain. Should i go ahead with 1 Lun from SAN and 1 internal disk for each of 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

2. Solaris

M5000 Question

Hi i 've a M5000 running 2 domains in my Lab with following hardconf SPARC Enterprise M5000; Memory_Size:128 GB; +-----------------------------------+------------+ | FRU | Quantity | +-----------------------------------+------------+ | MBU_B... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

3. Solaris

XSCF prompt disappeared, Sun M5000

Hi, I've got an issue here: After I logon to the xscf prompt of this Sun M5000 and did 'XSCF> version -c xcp', the xscf prompt disappeared. I can't get it back and can't log out. exit rebootxscf logout #. #> #> ~# ~# exit sendbreak exit I tried to set the Mode Switch to the service... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun M5000 servers diaster recovery plan

Hi, We have two Sun M5000 systems. A is Oracle server and B is testing server. There are nine Solaris 10 zones set on A. SAN is connecting to A with ZFS configuration. Now we want to set B to be a backup server of A and make the two as identical as possible. No VERITAS cluster, no Solaris... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun M5000 hardware domain creation - How to keep current OS?

Hi, This Sun M5000 currently has a single domain (0) created. Solaris 10 is installed on this domain with some local zones. Now we need to add a secondary hardware domain (1) to this M5000. My question: Can we keep the current OS settings on domain 0 when adding the secondary domain 1? ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun M5000 hardware domain creation - How to keep current OS?

Hi, This Sun M5000 currently has a single domain (0) created. Solaris 10 is installed on this domain with some local zones. Now we need to add a secondary hardware domain (1) to this M5000. My question: Can we keep the current OS settings on domain 0 when adding the secondary domain 1? Thank... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun M5000, xscf showdevices questions

Hi, I've configured this Sun M5000 to use two system domains (added a second domain to it). The following is the info about the settings. The showdevices command can't show devices on domain 1 because Solaris is not loaded on it yet. My question: How can I confirm the hardware devices such as... (5 Replies)
5 Replies
vxdmpinq(1M)															      vxdmpinq(1M)

NAME
vxdmpinq - display SCSI inquiry data SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/diag.d/vxdmpinq [-cdh] [-e evpd_value] [-p page_code] device_name DESCRIPTION
The vxdmpinq utility returns SCSI inquiry data for the specified raw disk device specified by its full pathname (for example, /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0 or /dev/vx/rdmp/c0t0d0). The returned vendor and product identification values can be used with the vxdiskadm, vxdmpadm and vxinstall commands. OPTIONS
-c Summarizes inquiry data as a colon-separated list on a single line. -d Returns detailed inquiry data. -e evpd_value Specifies the value of the enable vital product data (EVPD) bit to be used with the SCSI inquiry command (possible values are 0 or 1, default value is 0). -h Prints a help message on the usage of the command. -p page_code Specifies the page code to be used with the SCSI inquiry command (default value is 0). The page code field specifies which page of vial product data should be returned if evpd_value is set to 1. The value of page_code must be set to 0 if the value of evpd_value is set to 0. SEE ALSO
vxdiskadm(1M), vxdmpadm(1M), vxinstall(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxdmpinq(1M)