Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Exclude dash (-) from word separators in vi Post 302610497 by cabhi on Wednesday 21st of March 2012 10:36:33 AM
Old 03-21-2012
Exclude dash (-) from word separators in vi

vi uses dash and space as word separators. is there any way to exclude dash from word separators ?

This is required to work with the symbols generated by ctags exe. when symbol contain a "-" ,vi tags fails to locate that even though symbol is generated properly.

For example Symbol - EX01-VAR-LOCAL when using the ctrl+] to search tag for this, vi looks only for EX01 not the complete symbol EX01-VAR-LOCAL

although if used with vi -t EX01-VAR-LOCAL or in command mode :tag EX01-VAR-LOCAL works fine.

Thanks in advance Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to remove separators from file

Hi, I have huge file, head -1 filneame gives, I just want to remove "##colsep##" from the file, and also want to count the no. of fileds present, as in Output shld be in newfile as TRADE_KEY,TRADE_DATE and total no. of fileds separated by these comma's ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceboykunal123
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude specific word from input file problem asking...

Hi, Below is my input file and desired output file: Input file: >header_N_1 ASFDGDGNDGEGWETWRYWTETWNETOWETWETWNETTETNWET . . Desired output file: >header_N_1 ASFDGDGDGEGWETWRYWTETWETOWETWETWETTETWET . . From the input file, I just hope to exclude the 'N' word from its content... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use two separators in awk.

Hi, Gurus, I have a file like 1 234, 345, 456 2 345, 456, 345 I want to use awk with multipe separator ( one is comma, another is space)print out $1, $3 which should be: 1, 345 2, 456 but I don't know how to put space as separator with another separator. Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
7 Replies

4. Ubuntu

[Solved] Using Find with an exclude/exclude file

I am familiar with using tar and exclude/include files: tar zcf backup.dirs.tgz --files-from=include.mydirs --exclude-from=exclude.mydirs --no-recursion but was wondering if I could use find in the same way. I know that you can just specify the directories to exclude but my list is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can one use 2 field separators in awk?

I have files such as n02-z30-dsr65-terr0.25-dc0.008-16x12drw-run1.cmd I am wondering if it is possible to define two field separators "-" and "." for these strings so that $7 is run1. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore quoted separators

Hi, I'm trying to parse a text file which uses commas as field separators. Fields are double quoted, and may themselves contain commas, like this: "1","John Smith","London","123" "2","Mary Robertson","Horsham, Sussex","456" This causes problems for the following command cut -d","... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sven44
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to count word occurrences, but exclude some?

I am trying to count the occurrences of ALL words in a file. However, I want to exclude certain words: short words (i.e. <3 chars), and words contained in an blacklist file. There is also a desire to count words that are capitalized (e.g. proper names). I am not 100% sure where the line on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cronk
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude dash in grep

Hi, I must be overlooking something, but I don't understand why this doesn't work. I'm trying to grep on a date, excluding all the lines starting with a dash: testfile: #2013-12-31 2013-12-31code: grep '^2013-12-31' testfileI'm expecting to see just the second line '2013-12-31' but I don't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A dash to GOTO or a dash from GOTO, that is the question...

Well, guys I saw a question about GOTO for Python. So this gave me the inspiration to attempt a GOTO function for 'dash', (bash and ksh too). Machine: MBP OSX 10.14.3, default bash terminal, calling '#!/usr/local/bin/dash'... This is purely a fun project to see if it is possible in PURE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
3 Replies
GRUB-FSTEST(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    GRUB-FSTEST(3)

NAME
grub-fstest -- Debug tool for GRUB's filesystem driver. SYNOPSIS
grub-fstest [-c | --diskcount=NUM] [-C | --crypto] [-d | --debug=STRING] [-K | --zfs-key=FILE|prompt] [-n | --length=NUM] [-r | --root=DEVICE_NAME] [-s | --skip=NUM] [-u | --uncompress] [-v | --verbose] IMAGE_PATH <blocklist FILE | cat FILE | cmp FILE LOCAL | cp FILE LOCAL | crc FILE | hex FILE | ls PATH | xnu_uuid DEVICE> DESCRIPTION
grub-fstest is a tool for testing GRUB's filesystem drivers. You should not normally need to run this program. OPTIONS
--diskcount=NUM Specify the number of input files. --crypto Mount cryptographic devices. --debug=STRING Set debug environment variable. --zfs-key=FILE|prompt Load ZFS cryptographic key. --length=NUM Handle NUM bytes in output file. --root=DEVICE_NAME Set root device. --skip=NUM Skip NUM bytes from output file. --uncompress Uncompress data. --verbose Print verbose messages. COMMANDS
blocklist FILE Display block list of FILE. cat FILE Display FILE on standard output. cmp FILE LOCAL Compare FILE with local file LOCAL. cp FILE LOCAL Copy FILE to local file LOCAL. crc FILE Display the CRC-32 checksum of FILE. hex FILE Display contents of FILE in hexidecimal. ls PATH List files at PATH. xnu_uuid DEVICE Display the XNU UUID of DEVICE. SEE ALSO
info grub Wed Feb 26 2014 GRUB-FSTEST(3)