Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Name needs to display
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File Name needs to display Post 302610323 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 21st of March 2012 06:23:25 AM
Old 03-21-2012
Code:

ls name.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 && echo "name.sh is present" || echo "name.sh not present"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display File

I have a file xx like this abc abcd abc abcd abcd efgh ijkl mnop qrst uv wxyz Now I want to search for "abcd". After the last found, it will display the remaining of the file. So here I am expecting something like abcd efgh ijkl mnop qrst uv wxyz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joy_deep
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display File

I have a file xx like this abc abcd abc abcd abcd efgh ijkl mnop qrst uv wxyz Now I want to search for "abcd". After the last found, it will display the remaining of the file. So here I am expecting something like abcd efgh ijkl mnop qrst uv wxyz (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joy_deep
5 Replies

3. Programming

Display file

I am making a program in c. I want the progrm to be able to display file names ( like in unix we do long lisiting) what should i do? Any help will be appreciated (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: programlover
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep pattern from different file and display if it exists in the required file

Hi, I have two files say xxx.txt and yyy.txt. xxx.txt is with list of patterns within double quotes. Eg. "this is the line1" "this is the line2" The yyy.txt with lot of lines. eg: "This is a test message which contains rubbish information just to fill the page which is of no use. this is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abinash
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a pattern given in one file at other file and display its corresponding contents as output.

***************************************** Right now i have this current system. I have two files say xxx.txt and yyy.txt. xxx.txt is with list of patterns within double quotes. Eg. "this is the line1" "this is the line2" The yyy.txt with lot of lines. eg: "This is a test message which... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abinash
7 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Display file name

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have a directory called "Month" which has 12 files named on months. /home/months> touch Jan Feb Mar Apr May... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding rows of a file and display in another file

How to add these all ( 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25) in the script and How to calculate the GPA?? :wall: For example a course record file can be like this: COURSE NAME: Operating Systems CREDITS: 4 123456 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25 243567 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 7 9 12 15 17 15... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poonam29
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

adding rows of a file and display in another file

How to add these all ( 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25) in the script and How to calculate the GPA?? :wall: For example a course record file can be like this: COURSE NAME: Operating Systems CREDITS: 4 123456 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25 243567 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 7 9 12 15 17 15... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poonam29
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display file date after grepping a string in the file

Hi All, I need to recursively grep several folders for a MAC address and display the results with the date of the file name at the start. Even better would be if the final results were displayed chronologically so the newest file is always at the end. Oldest at the top, regardless of what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: quemalr
8 Replies
ROUND(3)								 1								  ROUND(3)

round - Rounds a float

SYNOPSIS
float round (float $val, [int $precision], [int $mode = PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the rounded value of $val to specified $precision (number of digits after the decimal point). $precision can also be negative or zero (default). Note PHP doesn't handle strings like "12,300.2" correctly by default. See converting from strings. PARAMETERS
o $val - The value to round o $precision - The optional number of decimal digits to round to. o $mode - Use one of the following constants to specify the mode in which rounding occurs. +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Constant | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | | | | PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP | | | | | | | Round $val up to $precision decimal places away | | | from zero, when it is half way there. Making 1.5 | | | into 2 and -1.5 into -2. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN | | | | | | | Round $val down to $precision decimal places | | | towards zero, when it is half way there. Making | | | 1.5 into 1 and -1.5 into -1. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next even value. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next odd value. | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ RETURN VALUES
The rounded value EXAMPLES
Example #1 round(3) examples <?php echo round(3.4); // 3 echo round(3.5); // 4 echo round(3.6); // 4 echo round(3.6, 0); // 4 echo round(1.95583, 2); // 1.96 echo round(1241757, -3); // 1242000 echo round(5.045, 2); // 5.05 echo round(5.055, 2); // 5.06 ?> Example #2 $mode examples <?php echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 9 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 ?> Example #3 $mode with precision examples <?php /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | The $mode parameter was introduced. | | | | | 5.2.7 | | | | | | | The inner workings of round(3) was changed to | | | conform to the C99 standard. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ceil(3), floor(3), number_format(3). PHP Documentation Group ROUND(3)