Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris10 sparc T5120 PANIC during iscsi command Post 302610291 by bartus11 on Wednesday 21st of March 2012 05:57:13 AM
Old 03-21-2012
You should create case for Oracle through https://support.oracle.com/

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How do I run OpenWindows on a Solaris10 Sparc system?

How do I run OpenWindows on a Solaris10 Sparc system? I know it has been discontinued, but I have some applications that only run on OpenWin. And I would like to run Solaris10 instead of Solaris8, hence the problem. Can I download, install and run it with Solaris10? Thanks, Mike (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 10/08 sparc + iSCSI

hi, I have installed Solaris 10 10/08 on sparc machine. I would like to configure iSCSI on that to mount SAN Volumes. Is there any need to install any additional patches for iSCSI to work. Thanks, Prashant. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantbhushan
4 Replies

3. Solaris

how can t recover a crashed Solaris10 on Sparc

Hi all, currently i'm running solaris 10 on Sun Fire v880 i crashed the system by mistake and now the system cannot boot It gets keep showing error messages on the eprom prompt is there any steps or procedures can i follow to recover the system to it's previous state thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Small issue with Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120

Good Day, We have bought Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120 with pre-installed Solaris 10 Sparc But i need on this server Solaris 9. I have inserted in to DVD-rom (USB DVD-rom) with Solaris 9 for Sparc. Then log into shell and type: reboot -- cdrom. System rebooted and i have this message: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A.Shalin
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris10 -> iscsi -> equiliogic lun

We "lose" the iscsi device after a reboot - i.e., it appears in /dev/rdsk and /dev/dsk but format cannot find it. Obviously, it won't mount either. This happens for two separately defined luns. We must be missing a step in iscsiadm. The luns are defined as targets, we can see them in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim mcnamara
2 Replies

6. Web Development

not able to build mod_auth_mysql.c on solaris10 sparc with apache 1.3.34 and mysql 5.1.50

Hello , I have s Solaris 10 10/09 s10x_u8wos_08a X86 OS. I installed Apache 1.3.34 and MYSQL 5.1.50. while executing the following command to compile the mod_auth_mysql.c module sudo ./apxs -c -L/d00/tbls/mysql/lib -I/d00/tbls/mysql/include -lmysqlclient -lm -lz mod_auth_mysql.c. result of it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnighojkar
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Can You Mount FAT32 iSCSI Target in Solaris 10 (sparc)?

I get "mount: I/O error" when trying to mount an existing FAT32 iSCSI target. I also tried formatting the iSCSI target with fdisk and got fdisk: "Error in ioctl DKIOCSMBOOT" Details -- According to the format command, the whole disk is allocated to slice 6 and /dev/rdsk shows this as:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctafret
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can You Mount FAT32 iSCSI Target in Solaris 10 (sparc)?

I get "mount: I/O error" when trying to mount an existing FAT32 iSCSI target. I also tried formatting the iSCSI target with fdisk and got fdisk: "Error in ioctl DKIOCSMBOOT" Details -- According to the format command, the whole disk is allocated to slice 6 and /dev/rdsk shows this as:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ctafret
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris10 sparc nslookup error

Hi Experts, While trying to query nameserver using nslookup it is giving following error. root@prod # nslookup 10.1.61.21 ** server can't find 26.61.1.10.in-addr.arpa.: NXDOMAIN root@prod # (1) /etc/hosts 10.1.61.2 prod (2)I also added domain and namservers accordingly in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
6 Replies
ISCSI-TARGET(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   ISCSI-TARGET(8)

NAME
iscsi-target -- service remote iSCSI requests SYNOPSIS
iscsi-target [-46DV] [-b block length] [-f configuration file] [-p port number] [-s maximum number of sessions] [-t target name] [-v verbose arg] DESCRIPTION
iscsi-target is the server for iSCSI requests from iSCSI initiators. iscsi-target listens for discovery and login requests on the required port, and responds to those requests appropriately. Options and operands available for iscsi-target: -4 iscsi-target will listen for IPv4 connections, and respond back using IPv4. This is the default address family. -6 iscsi-target will listen for IPv6 connections, and respond back using IPv6. -b blocksize Specify the underlying block size for iSCSI storage which will be served. The possible sizes are: 512, 1024, 2048, and 4096 bytes, with the default being 512 bytes. -D When this option is specified, iscsi-target will not detach itself from the controlling tty, and will not become a daemon. This can be useful for debugging purposes. -f configfile Use the named file as the configuration file. The default file can be found in /etc/iscsi/targets. See targets(5) for more informa- tion. -p port number Use the port number provided as the argument as the port on which to listen for iSCSI service requests from initiators. -s maximum number of sessions Allow the maximum number of sessions to be initiated when connecting to the target. -t filename The target name (as it appears to the iSCSI initiator) can be specified using this flag. -V iscsi-target will print the utility name and version number, and the address for bug reports, and then exit. -v argument The amount of information shown can be varied by using this command. Possible values of argument are net to show network-related information, iscsi to show iSCSI protocol-related information, scsi to show SCSI protocol information, and all to show information from all of the above arguments. FILES
/etc/iscsi/targets the list of exported storage /var/run/iscsi-target.pid the PID of the currently running iscsi-target SEE ALSO
targets(5) HISTORY
The iscsi-target utility first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. BSD
May 27, 2006 BSD