Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris10 sparc T5120 PANIC during iscsi command Post 302610291 by bartus11 on Wednesday 21st of March 2012 05:57:13 AM
Old 03-21-2012
You should create case for Oracle through https://support.oracle.com/

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How do I run OpenWindows on a Solaris10 Sparc system?

How do I run OpenWindows on a Solaris10 Sparc system? I know it has been discontinued, but I have some applications that only run on OpenWin. And I would like to run Solaris10 instead of Solaris8, hence the problem. Can I download, install and run it with Solaris10? Thanks, Mike (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 10/08 sparc + iSCSI

hi, I have installed Solaris 10 10/08 on sparc machine. I would like to configure iSCSI on that to mount SAN Volumes. Is there any need to install any additional patches for iSCSI to work. Thanks, Prashant. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantbhushan
4 Replies

3. Solaris

how can t recover a crashed Solaris10 on Sparc

Hi all, currently i'm running solaris 10 on Sun Fire v880 i crashed the system by mistake and now the system cannot boot It gets keep showing error messages on the eprom prompt is there any steps or procedures can i follow to recover the system to it's previous state thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Small issue with Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120

Good Day, We have bought Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120 with pre-installed Solaris 10 Sparc But i need on this server Solaris 9. I have inserted in to DVD-rom (USB DVD-rom) with Solaris 9 for Sparc. Then log into shell and type: reboot -- cdrom. System rebooted and i have this message: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A.Shalin
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris10 -> iscsi -> equiliogic lun

We "lose" the iscsi device after a reboot - i.e., it appears in /dev/rdsk and /dev/dsk but format cannot find it. Obviously, it won't mount either. This happens for two separately defined luns. We must be missing a step in iscsiadm. The luns are defined as targets, we can see them in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim mcnamara
2 Replies

6. Web Development

not able to build mod_auth_mysql.c on solaris10 sparc with apache 1.3.34 and mysql 5.1.50

Hello , I have s Solaris 10 10/09 s10x_u8wos_08a X86 OS. I installed Apache 1.3.34 and MYSQL 5.1.50. while executing the following command to compile the mod_auth_mysql.c module sudo ./apxs -c -L/d00/tbls/mysql/lib -I/d00/tbls/mysql/include -lmysqlclient -lm -lz mod_auth_mysql.c. result of it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnighojkar
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Can You Mount FAT32 iSCSI Target in Solaris 10 (sparc)?

I get "mount: I/O error" when trying to mount an existing FAT32 iSCSI target. I also tried formatting the iSCSI target with fdisk and got fdisk: "Error in ioctl DKIOCSMBOOT" Details -- According to the format command, the whole disk is allocated to slice 6 and /dev/rdsk shows this as:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctafret
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can You Mount FAT32 iSCSI Target in Solaris 10 (sparc)?

I get "mount: I/O error" when trying to mount an existing FAT32 iSCSI target. I also tried formatting the iSCSI target with fdisk and got fdisk: "Error in ioctl DKIOCSMBOOT" Details -- According to the format command, the whole disk is allocated to slice 6 and /dev/rdsk shows this as:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ctafret
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris10 sparc nslookup error

Hi Experts, While trying to query nameserver using nslookup it is giving following error. root@prod # nslookup 10.1.61.21 ** server can't find 26.61.1.10.in-addr.arpa.: NXDOMAIN root@prod # (1) /etc/hosts 10.1.61.2 prod (2)I also added domain and namservers accordingly in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
6 Replies
ISCSID(8)						   Linux Administrator's Manual 						 ISCSID(8)

NAME
iscsid - Open-iSCSI daemon SYNOPSIS
iscsid [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The iscsid implements the control path of iSCSI protocol, plus some management facilities. For example, the daemon could be configured to automatically re-start discovery at startup, based on the contents of persistent iSCSI database. OPTIONS
[-c|--config=]config-file Read configuration from config-file rather than the default /etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf file. [-i|--initiatorname=]iname-file Read initiator name from iname-file rather than the default /etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi file. [-f|--foreground] run iscsid in the foreground. [-d|--debug=]debug_level print debugging information. Valid values for debug_level are 0 to 8. [-u|--uid=]uid run under user ID uid (default is the current user ID) [-g|--gid=]gid run under user group ID gid (default is the current user group ID). [-n|--no-pid-file] do not write a process ID file. [-p|--pid=]pid-file write process ID to pid-file rather than the default /var/run/iscsid.pid [-h|--help] display this help and exit [-v|--version] display version and exit. FILES
/etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf The configuration file read by iscsid and iscsiadm on startup. /etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi The file containing the iSCSI initiatorname and initiatoralias read by iscsid and iscsiadm on startup. /etc/iscsi/nodes Open-iSCSI persistent configuration database SEE ALSO
iscsiadm(8) AUTHORS
Open-iSCSI project <http://www.open-iscsi.org/> Alex Aizman <itn780@yahoo.com> Dmitry Yusupov <dmitry_yus@yahoo.com> July 2005 ISCSID(8)