Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX VIO server does not show new LPAR Post 302610185 by ross.mather on Wednesday 21st of March 2012 03:49:54 AM
Old 03-21-2012
Did you run the
Code:
cfgdev

command in the VIO Server to discover the newly added vscsi adapter?

And the LPAR needs to have a Client SCSI adapter not a Server one.
This User Gave Thanks to ross.mather For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Help urgent : vio server - add extral disk on virtual lpar

Hi, I define 2 new LV on the vio server and run a cfgmgr on the partition and see my 2 new hdisk (hdisk6 and hdisk7). I extend my vg vg000 (on the partition) and add the 2 hdisks. I had a filesystem on the vg000 and when I added the disk I would like to increase the filesystem. But I cannot do a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
0 Replies

2. AIX

Restoring mksysb to vio lpar?

I have a standard template I deploy for each of my AIX servers. It's in a mksysb format which I pulled via the nim server after I originally set it up. I'm trying to restore this mksysb over the wire to a remote system. The remote system is an lpar running under vio (no HMC attached). The disk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottsl
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix VIO vs Dynamic LPAR

Can you have a Dynamic LPAR without VIO and if yes is there a benefit to having both? I am attempting to implement VIO and Resource pooling at my company and want to understand the limitations. Also, I have been told the managing and allocation of the Logical Volumes is a time consuming task as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombers73
0 Replies

4. AIX

Lost root password in LPAR (VIO Server).

Hi, I've lost the root password in a virtual partition created in a IBM Vio Server. May I recover that somehow? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r4mp4g3
2 Replies

5. AIX

LPAR and vio disk mapping

We have a frame the uses 2 vios that assign disk storage to LPAR's. We have a LPAr with multiple disk and I want to know how do I tell which vio is serving the disk. For example the LPAr has hdisk 0, 1, 2, 3 all the same size. I want to know which vio is serving hdisk0, 1. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
4 Replies

6. AIX

VIO Backing Disk LPAR how to find which one ?

hello Folks, my vio: $ lsmap -all SVSA Physloc Client Partition ID --------------- -------------------------------------------- ------------------ vhost0 U9117.MMA.6534BE4-V2-C11 0x00000003 VTD ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

7. AIX

CDROM Issue on LPAR HMC VIO

Whenever I assign/unassign a CDROM ( RAID CTRL ) to Active LPAR from HMC, I have to reboot the LPAR. How can I do it without rebooting the LPARS. POWER6 with HMC LPARS = AIX 6.1 Any info developerWorks : AIX and UNIX : PowerVM Forum : Moving CD-ROM/DVD-ROM dynamically ... But... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies

8. AIX

LPAR - What is my VIO (hostname, IP, ...)

I am wondering if there is a command I can run from **with-in** LPAR server (server01) to find out the hostname or IP address or other parameters for VIO server in charge of server01? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ms1232
1 Replies

9. AIX

Possible to connect a LPAR to two different VIO's?

Just a question which may seem dumb to some out there, but then again I am not a super technie so that's my excuse. Is it possible to say provision a test AIX LPAR (has a 10gb boot lun and 20gb data) under a VIO which has connectivity to SAN Array A so it can see the disks provisioned to it,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny1314
2 Replies

10. AIX

cdrom confusion on the vio client lpar

Hi In my vio server I have the below output $ lsvopt | grep -i SAPSITGS sapsitgs_cdrom TL12UP.iso 3182 In my vio client lpar I have the below output root@sapsitgs:/ # lsdev -Cc cdromcd0 Available Virtual SCSI Optical Served by VIO Server cd1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies
TRM(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    TRM(4)

NAME
trm -- Tekram TRM-S1040 ASIC based PCI SCSI host adapter driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device scbus device trm Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): trm_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The trm driver supports PCI SCSI host adapters based on the Tekram TRM-S1040 SCSI ASIC. HARDWARE
SCSI controllers supported by the trm driver include: o Tekram DC-315 PCI Ultra SCSI adapter without BIOS and internal SCSI connector o Tekram DC-315U PCI Ultra SCSI adapter without BIOS o Tekram DC-395F PCI Ultra-Wide SCSI adapter with flash BIOS and 68-pin external SCSI connector o Tekram DC-395U PCI Ultra SCSI adapter with flash BIOS o Tekram DC-395UW PCI Ultra-Wide SCSI adapter with flash BIOS o Tekram DC-395U2W PCI Ultra2-Wide SCSI adapter with flash BIOS For the Tekram DC-310/U and DC-390F/U/UW/U2B/U2W/U3W PCI SCSI host adapters, use the sym(4) driver. SEE ALSO
cd(4), ch(4), da(4), intro(4), sa(4), scsi(4), sym(4) http://www.tekram.com/ AUTHORS
The trm driver was originally written for FreeBSD 3.0/i386 by Erich Chen of Tekram Technology, and ported to FreeBSD 5.0 by Olivier Houchard <cognet@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
December 8, 2002 BSD