Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Changing the character after the Underscore(_) Post 302610139 by balajesuri on Wednesday 21st of March 2012 01:44:21 AM
Old 03-21-2012
Code:
perl -pe '$_=lc;while(/_([a-z])/g){$x=$1;$y=uc($x);s/_$x/$y/g}' inputfile

This User Gave Thanks to balajesuri For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with underscore in variable name

can you help please. variable 1 = TODAY=`date +"%Y%m%d"` i.e. echo $TODAY 20080407 DB=GERMANY echo $DB GERMANY echo $DB.$TODAY GERMANY.20080407 echo $DB.$TODAY_1.dmp GERMANY..dmp (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkie
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage of underscore in awk

Hi what is the purpose of using underscore in awk. I suppose it is for defining macro's and reducing repeatation but can some one show me an example? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

allow only alphnumeric entry and an underscore

I am taking an user input which should only be an alphanumeric character or an underscore. How to i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

google search changes with an underscore

How does adding an underscore change a google search? I was searching for John Elway and got different results with and without an unscore. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert underscore at certain places

Hi all, I have to insert underscore at certain places(places before and after PAxxx/PAxxxx entries in a big file like this ESR1 PA156 leflunomide PA450192 CHST3 PA26503 docetaxel tungstate Pa4586; thalidomide Pa34958; PAxxx/PAxxxx entries are metioned between 2 names in each row ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

underscore to dots

Hi, I have been trying to change underscores to dots. For example: 1122_91 1022_233 . 2237_23 9382_2339 2998_234 345_257 . . Desired output: 1122.91 1022.233 . 2237.23 9382.2339 2998.234 345.257 . . Any idea? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iconig
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing paragraph to a width of 80 character

I have the following text file and want to change the paragraphs so that they fill 80 characters rather than the usual 65 in this case. Is there an easy way to do this? All three groups were distinguished by the remarkable manner in which they moved about on the solar surface, not only in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
7 Replies

8. Programming

Changing double to character string in C++

I want to convert an double to a character string. I done the integer and float ones using itoa and ftoa. How can I do a similar thing with doubles? String::String ( const float f ) { char *cdata = ftoa (f); strcpy (STR, cdata.c_str ()); } String::String ( const double ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

sed help with underscore problems

Hello, I have spent a couple of hours trying to answer this myself, so forgive me if the answer is simple but I have tried. I have a text file generated from svn log output which contains a list of files. Two regexps im using are * and * They both work but some lines has a mixture... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: YogaBija
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To count underscore in filename

Hi All I have a filename like below adsf_ghjt_kop_pol.csv Can you please get me a command for counting the number of underscore in the filename. In the above filename I should get output as 3, since the file name is having three underscore (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)