Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun/Oracle M5000 Question
Special Forums Hardware Sun/Oracle M5000 Question Post 302610033 by desertdenizen on Tuesday 20th of March 2012 06:06:07 PM
Old 03-20-2012
Sun/Oracle M5000 Question

I have an M5K with disk issues I'm trying to troubleshoot, and it's causing me some confusion. I know the host has four on-board HDDs, but the format command's output shows c0t0d0, c0t1d0, c3t0d0, and c3t1d0. cfgadm -al shows c0t3d0 as the DVD-ROM drive, and c1 and c2 as SAN disks. Confused yet?

Okay, here's where I am puzzled. Are c0t0, c0t1, c3t0, and c3t1 the on-board HDDs? My supposition is they must be, since c0t3 is the DVD-ROM drive.

Does anyone know for certain? Can someone point me to some documentation that will clarify and define this?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

M5000 Question

Hi, I 've a fully loaded M5000 which i would like to partition in 4 domains but i have a concern that since we have only 4 internal disks how can we partition the box in for domains with 2 disks ( mirrored ) in each domain. Should i go ahead with 1 Lun from SAN and 1 internal disk for each of 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

2. Solaris

M5000 Question

Hi i 've a M5000 running 2 domains in my Lab with following hardconf SPARC Enterprise M5000; Memory_Size:128 GB; +-----------------------------------+------------+ | FRU | Quantity | +-----------------------------------+------------+ | MBU_B... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

3. Solaris

XSCF prompt disappeared, Sun M5000

Hi, I've got an issue here: After I logon to the xscf prompt of this Sun M5000 and did 'XSCF> version -c xcp', the xscf prompt disappeared. I can't get it back and can't log out. exit rebootxscf logout #. #> #> ~# ~# exit sendbreak exit I tried to set the Mode Switch to the service... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun M5000 servers diaster recovery plan

Hi, We have two Sun M5000 systems. A is Oracle server and B is testing server. There are nine Solaris 10 zones set on A. SAN is connecting to A with ZFS configuration. Now we want to set B to be a backup server of A and make the two as identical as possible. No VERITAS cluster, no Solaris... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun M5000 hardware domain creation - How to keep current OS?

Hi, This Sun M5000 currently has a single domain (0) created. Solaris 10 is installed on this domain with some local zones. Now we need to add a secondary hardware domain (1) to this M5000. My question: Can we keep the current OS settings on domain 0 when adding the secondary domain 1? ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun M5000 hardware domain creation - How to keep current OS?

Hi, This Sun M5000 currently has a single domain (0) created. Solaris 10 is installed on this domain with some local zones. Now we need to add a secondary hardware domain (1) to this M5000. My question: Can we keep the current OS settings on domain 0 when adding the secondary domain 1? Thank... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun M5000, xscf showdevices questions

Hi, I've configured this Sun M5000 to use two system domains (added a second domain to it). The following is the info about the settings. The showdevices command can't show devices on domain 1 because Solaris is not loaded on it yet. My question: How can I confirm the hardware devices such as... (5 Replies)
5 Replies
raidctl(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       raidctl(1M)

NAME
raidctl - RAID hardware utility SYNOPSIS
raidctl -c disk1 disk2 raidctl -d disk1 raidctl [-f] -F filename controller... raidctl -l [controller...] DESCRIPTION
The raidctl utility creates, deletes, or displays RAID volumes of the LSI1030 HW Raid controllers that include RAID support. The utility also updates firmware/fcode/BIOS for both RAID and non-RAID controllers. The raidctl utility requires privileges that are controlled by the underlying file-system permissions. Only privileged users can manipulate the RAID system configuration. If a non-privileged user attempts to create or delete a RAID volume, the command fails with EPERM. Without options, raidctl displays the current RAID configuration on all exisiting controllers. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c disk1 disk2 (for on board) Create a mirror using disk1 and disk2. Replace the contents of disk2 with the contents of disk1. Specify disk1 and disk2 in canonical form, for example, c0t0d0. When you create a a RAID volume, the RAID volume assumes the identity of the first target in the disk pair (disk1). The second target (disk2) disappears from the system. Therefore, the RAID volume appears as one disk. To have a successful RAID creation, there must not already be a RAID configuration present on the specified controller. Additionally, the secondary disk must not be mounted, as it has all its data erased and replaced with the primary disk's data. -d disk1 (for on board) Delete the RAID volume specified as disk1. Specify disk1 in canonical form, for example, c0t0d0. -f (for HBA) Force an update. Do not prompt. -F filename controller (for HBA) Update the firmware running on the specified controller (controller). -l [controller ...] (for on board) List the system's RAID configuration. If controller is specified, list RAID configurations for controller. Output from the -l lists the following information: RAID Volume Displays logical RAID volume name. RAID Status Displays RAID status as either RESYNCING (disks are syncing), DEGRADED RAID is operating with reduced functionality), OK (operating optimally), or FAILED (non-functional). RAID Disk Displays RAID disk name. Disk Status Displays disk status as either OK or FAILED. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Creating the RAID Configuration The following command creates the RAID configuration: # raidctl -c c0t0d0 c0t1d0 RAID Volume 'c0t0d0' created Example 2: Displaying the RAID Configuration The following command displays the RAID configuration: # raidctl RAID RAID RAID Disk Volume Status Disk Status ---------------------------------------- c0t0d0 RESYNCING c0t0d0 OK c0t1d0 OK Example 3: Deleting the RAID Configuration The following command deletes the RAID configuration: # raidctl -d c0t0d0 RAID Volume 'c0t0d0' deleted Example 4: Updating Flash Images on the Controller The following command updates flash images on the controller: # raidctl -F lsi1030.fw 0 Update flash image on controller 0? (y/N): y Flash updated successfully EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 Invalid command line input. 2 Request operation failed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 17 Aug 2004 raidctl(1M)