Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX VIO server does not show new LPAR Post 302609807 by petervg on Tuesday 20th of March 2012 12:37:31 PM
Old 03-20-2012
VIO server does not show new LPAR

Hi All,

I've been trying to create a new LPAR for some days now but I can't get the VIO server to recognize the new LPAR. This is what I did:

1. On HMC create new LPAR
  2. On HMC create new virtual scsi adapter for LPAR in VIO profile
  3. On HMC add new virtual scsi adapter for LPAR with DLPAR
  4. Add new virtual scsi adapater to new LPAR profile
  5. Check if VIO server sees new LPAR (lsmap -all). It doesn't show a new LPAR.
What am I missing? Why is de output of lsmap -all not showing the new LPAR vhost?

Some output:
VIO profile:
Code:
Maximum adapters: 200

Type           Adapter ID    Connection partition   Connection adapter   Required
Server SCSI    184           newlpar                 184                 Yes

VIO DLPAR:
Code:
Maximum adapters: 200

Type           Adapter ID    Connection partition   Connection adapter   Required
Server SCSI    184           newlpar                 184                 No

LPAR profile:
Code:
Maximum adapter 200

Server SCSI    184           vio                 184                 Yes

Last edited by petervg; 03-20-2012 at 01:50 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Help urgent : vio server - add extral disk on virtual lpar

Hi, I define 2 new LV on the vio server and run a cfgmgr on the partition and see my 2 new hdisk (hdisk6 and hdisk7). I extend my vg vg000 (on the partition) and add the 2 hdisks. I had a filesystem on the vg000 and when I added the disk I would like to increase the filesystem. But I cannot do a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
0 Replies

2. AIX

Restoring mksysb to vio lpar?

I have a standard template I deploy for each of my AIX servers. It's in a mksysb format which I pulled via the nim server after I originally set it up. I'm trying to restore this mksysb over the wire to a remote system. The remote system is an lpar running under vio (no HMC attached). The disk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottsl
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix VIO vs Dynamic LPAR

Can you have a Dynamic LPAR without VIO and if yes is there a benefit to having both? I am attempting to implement VIO and Resource pooling at my company and want to understand the limitations. Also, I have been told the managing and allocation of the Logical Volumes is a time consuming task as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombers73
0 Replies

4. AIX

Lost root password in LPAR (VIO Server).

Hi, I've lost the root password in a virtual partition created in a IBM Vio Server. May I recover that somehow? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r4mp4g3
2 Replies

5. AIX

LPAR and vio disk mapping

We have a frame the uses 2 vios that assign disk storage to LPAR's. We have a LPAr with multiple disk and I want to know how do I tell which vio is serving the disk. For example the LPAr has hdisk 0, 1, 2, 3 all the same size. I want to know which vio is serving hdisk0, 1. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
4 Replies

6. AIX

VIO Backing Disk LPAR how to find which one ?

hello Folks, my vio: $ lsmap -all SVSA Physloc Client Partition ID --------------- -------------------------------------------- ------------------ vhost0 U9117.MMA.6534BE4-V2-C11 0x00000003 VTD ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

7. AIX

CDROM Issue on LPAR HMC VIO

Whenever I assign/unassign a CDROM ( RAID CTRL ) to Active LPAR from HMC, I have to reboot the LPAR. How can I do it without rebooting the LPARS. POWER6 with HMC LPARS = AIX 6.1 Any info developerWorks : AIX and UNIX : PowerVM Forum : Moving CD-ROM/DVD-ROM dynamically ... But... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies

8. AIX

LPAR - What is my VIO (hostname, IP, ...)

I am wondering if there is a command I can run from **with-in** LPAR server (server01) to find out the hostname or IP address or other parameters for VIO server in charge of server01? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ms1232
1 Replies

9. AIX

Possible to connect a LPAR to two different VIO's?

Just a question which may seem dumb to some out there, but then again I am not a super technie so that's my excuse. Is it possible to say provision a test AIX LPAR (has a 10gb boot lun and 20gb data) under a VIO which has connectivity to SAN Array A so it can see the disks provisioned to it,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny1314
2 Replies

10. AIX

cdrom confusion on the vio client lpar

Hi In my vio server I have the below output $ lsvopt | grep -i SAPSITGS sapsitgs_cdrom TL12UP.iso 3182 In my vio client lpar I have the below output root@sapsitgs:/ # lsdev -Cc cdromcd0 Available Virtual SCSI Optical Served by VIO Server cd1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies
asadmin-create-virtual-server(1AS)				   User Commands				asadmin-create-virtual-server(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-create-virtual-server, create-virtual-server - adds the named virtual server SYNOPSIS
create-virtual-server --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile file- name] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] --hosts hosts [--httplisteners http_listeners] [--defaultwebmodule default_web_module] [--state on] [--logfile log_file] [--property (name=value)[:name=value]*] virtual_server_id Creates the named virtual server. Virtualization in the Application Server allows multiple URL domains to be served by the same HTTP server process which is listening on multiple host addresses. If the application is available at two virtual servers, they still share the same physical resource pools. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. --hosts a comma separated (,) list of values allowed in the host request header to select the current virtual server. Each virtual server that is configured to the same connection group must have a unique hosts value for that group. --httplisteners optional; a comma separated (,) list of HTTP listener IDs. Required only for a virtual server that is not the default virtual server. --defaultwebmodule standalone web module associated with this virtual server by default. --state determines whether a virtual server is active (on) or inactive (off or disabled). Default is active (on). When inactive, the virtual server does not service requests. --logfile name of the file where the log has to be written to. --property optional attributes name/value pairs for configuring the connection pool. OPERANDS
virtual_server_id identifies the unique ID for the virtual server to be created. This virtual server ID cannot begin with a number. Example 1: Using create-virtual-server asadmin> create-virtual-server --user admin1 --password adminadmin1 --host pigeon --port 5001 --httplisteners http-listener-1 --defaultwebmodule simple --state on --logfile server.log --property User=admin:Password=admin --hosts sample1,sample2 sample_vs1 Command create-virtual-server executed successfully Where sample_vs1 is the virtual server created. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-delete-virtual-server(1AS), asadmin-list-virtual-server(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-create-virtual-server(1AS)