Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Text redirection
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Text redirection Post 302609617 by Leo_Boon on Tuesday 20th of March 2012 08:19:42 AM
Old 03-20-2012
Thanks for this, I managed to solve my problem.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Help with redirection

Here is my problem. I don't know make this redirection thing work. The output file (called output.c) looks like this #include<stdio.h> int main() { int k; int m; print f("%d\n", k); printf("%d\n", m); return 0; } the input file(called input.c) is this #include<stdio.h> int... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shallon1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirection stdin

hello all, I need to create a password change utility for a database. I need to gather at the command line the username, password and database sid. I have the program currently doing this. What I would like to do is not have the new password appear on the screen when I do my read command.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whited05
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirection

Hi, The code below works, it's a part of a bash shell script that serve to search a pattern $pattern_da_cercare in the files contained in a directory $directory_iniziale. Now the proble is: How can I redirect stderr to a file? PS: so I want to redirect ALL the errors to a file. I tryed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Redirection

Hi Guys, I m new to UNIX and new to this forum. Was wondering if someone can help me understand redirection (standard input output pipeline etc) for starters, not too sure what this would mean who | sort > sortedfile | pr | lp im starting to understand common commands but when throwing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmack123
2 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Finding/replacing text and redirection help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: What command would rename "sequentialInsert", in ~cs252/Assignments/commandsAsst/project/arrayops.h, to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lothwen
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I/O redirection

Hello everyone,I'm reading a book and there's code fragment: exec 3>&1 ls -l 2>&1 >&3 3>&- | grep bad 3>&- exec 3>&- It says that the red part of that code does not close fd 3 but the green does close the fd 3.I can't understand that.....Why?Any predicate will be appreciated.:) (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirection

Hello All, I am using the below script to gather various tools running by the user, we have more than 100 tools running on the server so my challenge is to redirect memory & cpu load to the file with the name of the tool.so am using the below script i am stucking how to redirect to the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
2 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris redirection

Hi I am using solaris 10. When running a grep command with multiple files the output is the same as the order of the input. As soon as I pipe the output to another command then it seems that standard error takes precedence, over standard output and gets sent to the pipe first. ie grep -c... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chronics
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about different redirection

explain the redirections 1>, 2>, 3>, ..... and 1< ,2<,3<..... where we use these things thanks Thread moved from AIX forum (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsurendra
2 Replies
XmTextSetSource(3X)													       XmTextSetSource(3X)

NAME
XmTextSetSource - A Text function that sets the source of the widget SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Text.h> void XmTextSetSource (widget, source, top_character, cursor_position) Widget widget; XmTextSource source; XmTextPosition top_character; XmTextPosition cursor_position; DESCRIPTION
XmTextSetSource sets the source of the Text widget. Text widgets can share sources of text so that editing in one widget is reflected in another. This function sets the source of one widget so that it can share the source of another widget. Setting a new text source destroys the old text source if no other Text widgets are using that source. To replace a text source but keep it for later use, create an unmanaged Text widget and set its source to the text source you want to keep. Specifies the Text widget ID Speci- fies the source with which the widget displays text. This can be a value returned by the XmTextGetSource(3X) function. If no source is specified, the widget creates a default string source. Specifies the position in the text to display at the top of the widget. This is an integer number of characters from the beginning of the text buffer. The first character position is 0. Specifies the position in the text at which the insert cursor is located. This is an integer number of characters from the beginning of the text buffer. The first character position is 0. For a complete definition of Text and its associated resources, see XmText(3X). SEE ALSO
XmText(3X) XmTextSetSource(3X)