Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SVN installation in UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SVN installation in UNIX Post 302609609 by methyl on Tuesday 20th of March 2012 07:48:58 AM
Old 03-20-2012
And what variant of Subversion? There seem to be quite a few.

Comparison of Subversion clients - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's quite a lot of historic posts on unix.com on this subject.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

unix installation

Hi all, I am having windows in my machine.I am beginner in unix.I dont know head and tail of unix.Can anyone tell what software I have to install in my machine.I want to run unix commands for practice.What ihave to do can anyone help me.what i ahve to install.Pls help me. Thanks, ravi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raviprakash.451
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SVN installation problem.

Hi, I am a perl user. I cannot check in files in my server. I have been provided with a svn_bin/svn file. I have put that file in my home directory. I need to extract the file using some command but am not successfull in getting the command. the command should be run so that i ll be able... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PERL/UNIX - SVN check in command

I am working in perl. I need to do some svn check in from my server. I need to install svn in my server. I have the package "svn" in my server path How can I install that in my server. I tried , but this doesnt work. Can you please help with the command to be used. Thanks in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How to integrate SVN client to SVN server repository.

Hi, I am new to SVN configuration on Solaris 10.I have installed SVN client version 1.7. bash-3.00# ./svn --version svn, version 1.7.4 (r1295709) compiled Mar 2 2012, 12:59:36 Here my requirement is how to integrate svn client to One of the SVN server repository. My repository... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
0 Replies

5. SuSE

SVN(subversion) installation on SLES 11

I had installed svn on SLES 11 using comands: zypper addrepo http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:tools:scm:svn/SLE_11/devel:tools:scm:svn.repo zypper refresh zypper install subversion But when I run svn it gives me error as: linux-uw85:~/Desktop # svn help svn: error while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to SVN from UNIX

Hi, Can anyone please tell the command to connect to SVN from UNIX? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sampoorna
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to SVN from UNIX

Hi, I'm new to Unix,I want to connect to Sub Version(SVN) through Unix. Please let know what command i need to use. Thanks, Madhuri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimadhuri
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Login to svn from UNIX

Hi Can anyone please tell me about how to connect to SVN from unix Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar_laveti
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command/script svn log to get just the files information

Just need the directory name and files changes information in svn log This is my svn log verbose: svn log -v //test/svn/Demo/branches/HelloWorld/Batch --limit 2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ r133 | testuser1 | 2013-04-02 18:22:28 -0400 (Tue, 02 Apr... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: iaav
22 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making post down hook script for svn regarding sending emails after an file is committed in svn

Hi Folks , I am asking this question but i apologise please if this is not the correct forum , I have to develop a shell script that i want to place in at hooks/post-commit , that is basically i have to develop a post hook script and the main functionality of that script would be lets say if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsun06060606
0 Replies
svndumpfilter(1)					      General Commands Manual						  svndumpfilter(1)

NAME
svndumpfilter - Filter a subversion repository 'dumpfile'. SYNOPSIS
svndumpfilter command [options & args] OVERVIEW
Subversion is a version control system, which allows you to keep old versions of files and directories (usually source code), keep a log of who, when, and why changes occurred, etc., like CVS, RCS or SCCS. Subversion keeps a single copy of the master sources. This copy is called the source ``repository''; it contains all the information to permit extracting previous versions of those files at any time. For more information about the Subversion project, visit http://subversion.tigris.org. Documentation for Subversion and its tools, including detailed usage explanations of the svn, svnadmin, svnserve and svnlook programs, his- torical background, philosophical approaches and reasonings, etc., can be found at http://svnbook.red-bean.com/. Run `svndumpfilter help' to access the built-in tool documentation. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWsvn | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Subversion is available on http://opensolaris.org. svndumpfilter(1)