Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with egrep command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with egrep command Post 302609597 by slashbash on Tuesday 20th of March 2012 07:12:48 AM
Old 03-20-2012
hey thanks Skrynesaver

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep command

I'd like to grep a pattern of a version number as *_number.number.number number should be digit my grep is |egrep '^*++\.+' It works for V_3.2.1 or V _5.3.2 but not with V_43.6.543 !!!!! How can I specify any repetition of digit in the ? thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: annelisa
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with egrep command

Hi All, I am using egrep command to search one pattern. Following is the command i am using egrep -i "ACL*" filename but its also giving me the records which do not contain ACL. any help would be appreciated. Regards, Sam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam25
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query regarding egrep command

Hi All, I am having a query regarding the usage of egrep command. i am having two unix environmanets in environment when i am using "egrep -f" it is working fine and other unix environment i am getting a syntax error. Please let me know if i need to set any environmane variables. ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep -w command by reading from file

Dear All, I want to get the rows from file1.txt whose first column is exactly as the numbers (not subset) from file1.txt. so, i have to read by line from file1.txt and search in file2.txt. So the first column of the output must be the same as the file1.txt. I used % egrep -w -f... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep command and order

Hi All, Here is my question. I have two files, file1.txt and file2.txt. I need the line number (index number) of file2.txt where the words in file1.txt appear. But they have to be in the same order as file1.txt. In example, file1.txt Z K A ... T file2.txt W A Q R (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with egrep command

Hello folks, Here's how my current egrep command works: egrep "NY|DC|LA|VA|MD" state_data.txt I am planning to use a file to enter all allowable state values like say a new state_names.lookup with the following data: NY DC LA VA MD egrep "`cat state_names.lookup`"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: calredd
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in egrep command in file

Hi Guys, I need hepl on egrep commnad I have one file and i need grep only specific lines.. EX: 2012-04-01 02:15:14 w 2012-04-01 02:15:14 w 2012-04-01 02:15:14 w 2012-10-26 02:15:14 w 2012-04-01 02:15:14 w 2012-10-26 02:15:14 w 2012-10-26 02:15:14 w 2012-10-26 03:18:56 M... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to use fgrep and egrep in a single command

I have a source file which is something like : C/*M/ / ***HMACCT ** MONTH FOR CURRENT MINUS 14 CAL DAY C/*D/ / ***HMACCT ** DAY FOR CURRENT MINUS 14 CAL DAY C/*X/ / ***HMACCT ** CENTURY FOR CURRENT MINUS 14 CAL DAY C/*Y/ / ***HMACCT **... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Egrep command is not working for me

my file is below REREGISTER is something to Failed to create the request Failed to create the request in not easy I know how REREGISTERcommand i run is egrep 'REREGISTER|Failed|to|create|the|request' test1 expected output REREGISTER is something to Failed to create the request i should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep -v command not filtering correctly

Hello guys, I have an issue when trying to do an egrep -v on a file, let me show you. I want to filter the last column as to where it filters out the columns with asterisks and zeros ( * and 0 ) it is working properly up to a certain point where I have a value of '10000' which is also getting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evergreen
3 Replies
XZGREP(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZGREP(1)

NAME
xzgrep - search compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
xzgrep [grep_options] [-e] pattern file... xzegrep ... xzfgrep ... lzgrep ... lzegrep ... lzfgrep ... DESCRIPTION
xzgrep invokes grep(1) on files which may be either uncompressed or compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to grep(1). If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep(1). When reading from standard input, gzip(1) and bzip2(1) compressed files are not supported. If xzgrep is invoked as xzegrep or xzfgrep then egrep(1) or fgrep(1) is used instead of grep(1). The same applies to names lzgrep, lze- grep, and lzfgrep, which are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. ENVIRONMENT
GREP If the GREP environment variable is set, xzgrep uses it instead of grep(1), egrep(1), or fgrep(1). SEE ALSO
grep(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zgrep(1) Tukaani 2009-07-05 XZGREP(1)