Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Text file to CSV with field data separated by blank lines Post 302609551 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 20th of March 2012 05:56:42 AM
Old 03-20-2012
Hi ops_team, please start a new thread for this. Don't forget to use code tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting text file data to csv

Could any one help me in basic shell script to export text file data to csv. I need to export only particular data from text file to csv column. I am a newbie to UNIX could anyone help me with sample script code (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: l_jayakumar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add text to a field within a csv file

I have a csv file which has three columns mem no. name surname 1234 John Smith 12345 John Doe I want to change the mem no. to add TF to the mem no. field i.e. mem no. name surname 1234TF John Smith 12345TF John Doe How do you do this for all records in the file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines in text file with certain data in first field

Hi all, Sorry for the title, I was unsure how to word my issue. I'll get right to the issue. In my text file, I need to find all lines with the same data in the first field. Then I need to create a file with the matching lines merged into one. So my original file will look something like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstev39147
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove blank lines and comments from text file

Hi, I am using BASH. How can I remove any lines in a text file that are either blank or begin with a # (ie. comments)? Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Tab Separated Field with AWK to all and print lines of unique fields.

Hi. I have a tab separated file that has a couple nearly identical lines. When doing: sort file | uniq > file.new It passes through the nearly identical lines because, well, they still are unique. a) I want to look only at field x for uniqueness and if the content in field x is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocket_dog
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data in a csv file based on a certain field.

I have a csv file that I need to extract some data from depending on another field after reading info from another text file. The text file would say have 592560 in it. The csv file may have some data like so Field 1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Field6 20009756 1 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: GroveTuckey
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in replacing two blank lines with two lines of diff data

Hi.. I'm facing a trouble in replacing two blank lines in a file using shell script... I used sed to search a line and insert two blank lines after the searchd line using the following sed command. sed "/data/{G;G;}/" filename . In the file, after data tag, two lines got inserted blank lines..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjun_arippa
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove a selection of rows separated by blank lines

hello, here is an example: 9.07 9.05 0.00 2.28 0.00 0.08 1.93 3.62 10.97 12.03 12.03 0.00 2.73 0.00 0.07 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Baron1
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting data for text file to csv

Gents Using the script attached (raw2csv). i use to create the file .csv.. The input file is called 201.raw. Kindly can you check if there is easy way to do it. The script works fine but takes a lot time to process Thanks for your help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tried many options but unable to delete blank lines from text file

Hi, I tried the following options but was unable to delete blank lines from file Input file = temp.hash.txt temp.hash.txt content 90 0 89.56 0 0 57575.4544 56.89 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuuunnnn
9 Replies
tracker-tag(1)							   User Commands						    tracker-tag(1)

NAME
tracker-tag - Add, remove and list tags. SYNOPSIS
tracker-tag [OPTION...] FILE [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
tracker-tag allows the caller add tags, remove tags and list tags by URN or to list all tags and the files associated with them. The FILE argument can be either a local path or a URI. It also does not have to be an absolute path. OPTIONS
-?, --help Show summary of options. -l, --limit=N Limit search to N results. The default is 512. -o, --offset=N Offset the search results by N. For example, start at item number 10 in the results. The default is 0. -r, --or-operator Use OR for search terms instead of AND (the default) -t, --list List all tags. Results include the number of files associated with that tag and the tag's unique identifier. You can show the files associated with each tag by using --show-files. -s, --show-files Show the files associated with each tag. This option is ONLY available WITH the --list option. -a, --add=TAG Add a tag with the name TAG. If no FILE arguments are specified, the tag is simply created (if it didn't already exist) and no files are associated with it. Multiple FILE arguments can be specified. -d, --delete=TAG Delete a tag with the name TAG. If no FILE arguments are specified, the tag is deleted for ALL files. If FILE arguments are speci- fied, only those files have the TAG deleted. -V, --version Print version. SEE ALSO
tracker-store(1), tracker-sparql(1), tracker-search(1), tracker-info(1). GNU
July 2009 tracker-tag(1)