Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix script with SQL statement problem Post 302609499 by happyv on Tuesday 20th of March 2012 03:52:32 AM
Old 03-20-2012
I am just tried to use my original script and based on your comment,

echo Input file list to check:
read filelist
for file in `cat $filelist.txt`
do
echo "select FILENAME from FILE_TABLE where filename like '${file}'%;" >> output_file.txt
done
echo Completed Check!!

The filelist is:
list1
A1-67630403
A2-04985959
B3-04857858
B6-058744748
C10-59584583

the output will be:

FILENAME
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________
ORIGMODIFYDATE
20120317-18:09:52

FILENAME
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________
ORIGMODIFYDATE
20120315-20:09:52

Is it possible to make the output look better? e.g file and time on the same link?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating an sql statement from a file. Problem with '

Hi, I am trying to create sql statements from a file, but I have a problem with ': This is what I do: cat filex.txt | awk -F: '{print $1,"A","and personnavn like",$5}' | sed -e "s/^/select bruker.brukernavn, person.personnavn from bruker, person where brukernavn like '/" -e "s/$/' and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hannem
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a Oracle SQL statement in a UNIX script

Hi All, I need to select one column from a table based upon the passed in parameter. I tried this: sqlplus -silent $MISP_USER << EOF set feedback off; set verify off; set sqlprompt "" SELECT mail_flag FROM dailyjobs WHERE job_name = '$1'; exit 0 EOF exit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using SELECT sql statement in shell script

Hi there I have a database on a remote box and i have been using shell script to insert data into it for example, i could have a script that did this SN=123456 n=server1 m=x4140 sql="UPDATE main SET hostname='$n',model='$m' WHERE serial='$SN';" echo $sql |/usr/sfw/bin/mysql -h... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call an sql script inside a while statement in KSH

Hi all, I'm trying to run an sql inside a loop which looks like this #!bin/ksh while IFS=, read var1 var2 do sqlplus -s ${USERNAME}/${PASSWORD}@${ORACLE_SID} << EOF insert into ${TABLE} ( appt_date ) values ( '${var1 }' ); ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryukishin_17
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell command output to a sql statement

Can i do this Say one command sed 's/:*/ /g' $summf is returning C1234 C2345 C3434 some no of rows, now this ouput i have to insert it into a DB table how do i do this?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: depakjan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read SQL statement in Script

Hi Guys.. need some urgent help... I am stuck in something badly I need to write a script which would read a sql statement (which might be a join/inner join/select/sub select etc. ) I need to read that sql statement ... and in the output I want all the table names and columns (doesn't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakygs
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL statement is not work on unix script

Hi, I have the following basic script. However, the statement (line 5) is not work. The output data is not able to set my request format a30. Any advise? :mad: echo " Column filename format a30"|sqlplus4 echo Input file list to check: read filelist for file in `cat $filelist.txt` do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happyv
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX variable to SQL statement

The following is my script : #!/bin/bash echo "please give app_instance_id" read app_instance_id echo "id is $app_instance_id" export app_id=app_instance_id sqlplus -s nnviewer/lookup@//nasolora008.enterprisenet.org:1521/LOAD3 @test.sql<<EOF SPOOL /home/tibco/MCH/Data/qa/raak/name.xls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raakeshr
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create SQL statement out of data using shell script?

Table TAB1 contains following example data (its a tree sitting in table data format & its driven based CHILD & PARENT column pick the RULE condition to generate the below SQL: CHILD PARENT SS MID MNM VNM RULE FLG 1 ? S1 ? ? V1 rule004 I 2 1 S1 ? ? V1 0 Z 3 1 S1 ? ? V1 1 Z ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gksenthilkumar
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Sqlplus - Capture the sql statement about to run and execution status

Greetings Experts, I am on AIX using ksh. Created a unix script which generates the CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW ... and GRANT .. statements, which are placed in a single .txt file. Now I need to execute the contents in the file (there are around 300 view creation and grant statements) in Oracle and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
4 Replies
CHKSTAT(8)					      Tool to check and set file permissions						CHKSTAT(8)

NAME
chkstat - Tool to check and set file permissions SYNOPSIS
chkstat [--set|-set] [--noheader] [[--examine file ]...] [[--files filelist ]...] [[--root directory ]...] permission-file ... DESCRIPTION
The program /usr/bin/chkstat is a tool to check and set file permissions. Multiple permissions files can be given on the commandline. If the permission files contain multiple entries for a single file, the last entry found will be used. General Options --set, -set This option enables setting the file permissions, the default is to check and warn only. --noheader Omit printing the output header lines. --examine file Check permissions for this file and not all files listed in the permissions files. --files filelist Check permissions for the files listed in filelist and not for all files listed in the permissions files. --root directory Prefix the files given in the permissions files by this directory. EXAMPLE
The command chkstat -set /etc/permissions will parse the file /etc/permissions and set the access mode and the user- and group memberships each file listed. The format for the input file is FILEPATH OWNER:GROUP MODE and wildcards are not supported for the filepath. Lines starting with '#' and empty lines are treated as comments. COPYRIGHT
1996-2003 SuSE Linux AG, Nuernberg, Germany. 2008 SUSE LINUX Products GmbH AUTHORS
Reinhold Sojer, Ruediger Oertel, Michael Schroeder Useful changes and additions by Tobias Burnus 3rd Berkeley Distribution 2008-04-17 CHKSTAT(8)