Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to Search Logs Several Directories Pulling out Only Current Date Post 302609257 by agama on Monday 19th of March 2012 01:33:35 PM
Old 03-19-2012
From that, I think the suggestion that I posted will work with a small change to the date format:

Code:
find . -mtime -1 \( -name "*.log" -o -name "*log.0" \) | xargs awk -v IGNORECASE=1 -v cur_date="$(date "^+%m/%d/%y")" '
    (/service failure/ || /error/ || /severe/) && match( $0, cur_date ) { printf( "%s: %s\n", FILENAME, substr( $0, 1, 50 ) ); } '

I tested the original, but am not in the position to test this at the moment.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a file with Current Date

Hi, How can we search for a file with current date(sysdate). Actually i want the file name from a directory which was created today(current date). For example i have a dir /home/arch and i have files with name aglito03axyz.datetimestamp in this directory, but all these files were created... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search on weblogic logs with date time ranges 2

Hi All, The developers want me to search and capture the weblogic log, you know this big logs of htmls. They want to me to have ranges on the date and time. Like from "2010-01-20 14:04:46,186" to "2010-01-20 15:00:12,490" I can only do this, cat /usr/local/bea/logs_prod1/debug.log |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. Linux

search on weblogic logs with date time ranges

Hi All, The developers want me to search and capture the weblogic log, you know this big logs of htmls. They want to me to have ranges on the date and time. Like from "2010-01-20 14:04:46,186" to "2010-01-20 15:00:12,490" I can only do this, cat /usr/local/bea/logs_prod1/debug.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. Debian

Search files that start with current date

hi all, i need to find same files in my directory that looks like this format 20121017145949639.xml (YYYYMMDD*.xml) thanks for help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merouan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for logs traced between specific date and time from log file

HI, I want to search for a logs which are trace between specific date and time from logs file. My logs are generated like this :- Tue Jun 18 05:00:02 EEST 2013 | file_check.sh| Message:script has files to process. Thu Jun 20 05:00:02 EEST 2013 | file_check.sh| Message:script has files to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a pattern in current date logs

Hello, I need to write one script which should search particular pattern like ABCD in log file name hello.txt only in current date logs. in current directory i have so many past date logs but grep should be applied on current date logs. on daily basis current date logs are in number 30 and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate.

Appreciate help for the below issue. Im using below code.....I dont want to attach the logs when I ran the perl twice...I just want to take backup with today date and generate new logs...What I need to do for the below scirpt.............. 1)if logs exist it should move the logs with extention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check current date file is created and with >0 kb or not for multiple directories

Hi All, I am new in scripting and working in a project where we have RSyslog servers over CentOS v7 and more than 200 network devices are sending logs to each RSyslog servers. For each network devices individual folders create on the name of the each network devices IP addresses.The main... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pinaki
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies

10. Linux

How to calculate the quarter end date according to the current date in shell script?

Hi, My question is how to calculate the quarter end date according to the current date in shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya_1234
2 Replies
TRIMHISTORY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    TRIMHISTORY(8)

NAME
trimhistory - Remove old Xymon history-log entries SYNOPSIS
trimhistory --cutoff=TIME [options] DESCRIPTION
The trimhistory tool is used to purge old entries from the Xymon history logs. These logfiles accumulate information about all status changes that have occurred for any given service, host, or the entire Xymon system, and is used to generate the event- and history-log web- pages. Purging old entries can be done while Xymon is running, since the tool takes care not to commit updates to a file if it changes mid-way through the operation. In that case, the update is aborted and the existing logfile is left untouched. Optionally, this tool will also remove logfiles from hosts that are no longer defined in the Xymon bb-hosts(5) file. As an extension, even logfiles from services can be removed, if the service no longer has a valid status-report logged in the current Xymon status. OPTIONS
--cutoff=TIME This defines the cutoff-time when processing the history logs. Entries dated before this time are discarded. TIME is specified as the number of seconds since the beginning of the Epoch. This is easily generated by the GNU date(1) utility, e.g. the following com- mand will trim history logs of all entries prior to Oct. 1st 2004: trimhistory --cutoff=`date +%s --date="1 Oct 2004"` --outdir=DIRECTORY Normally, files in the BBHIST directory are replaced. This option causes trimhistory to save the shortened history logfiles to another directory, so you can verify that the operation works as intended. The output directory must exist. --drop Causes trimhistory to delete files from hosts that are not listed in the bb-hosts(5) file. --dropsvcs Causes trimhistory to delete files from services that are not currently tracked by Xymon. Normally these files would be left untouched if only the host exists. --droplogs Process the BBHISTLOGS directory also, and delete status-logs from events prior to the cut-off time. Note that this can dramatically increase the processing time, since there are often lots and lots of files to process. --progress[=N] This will cause trimhistory to output a status line for every N history logs or status-log collections it processes, to indicate how far it has progressed. The default setting for N is 100. --env=FILENAME Loads the environment from FILENAME before executing trimhistory. --debug Enable debugging output. FILES
$BBHIST/allevents The eventlog of all events that have happened in Xymon. $BBHIST/HOSTNAME The per-host eventlogs. $BBHIST/HOSTNAME.SERVICE The per-service eventlogs. $BBHISTLOGS/*/* The historical status-logs. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
BBHIST The directory holding all history logs. BBHISTLOGS The top-level directory for the historical status-log collections. BBHOSTS The location of the bb-hosts file, holding the list of currently known hosts in Xymon. SEE ALSO
xymon(7), bb-hosts(5) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 TRIMHISTORY(8)