Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get the directory name from a path using csh? Post 302609023 by vdhingra123 on Monday 19th of March 2012 07:35:27 AM
Old 03-19-2012
hi,
Can you explane me how this command is working?
Code:
echo  $path | awk -F\/ '{print $(NF-2), $(NF-1)}'

How can i store them in two different variables?

Last edited by Franklin52; 03-19-2012 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

current directory as part of the csh prompt

I would like my csh prompt to behave like the linux csh prompt setting done by linux command (set prompt="%n@%m %c]$ ") how do I do that? What I'm trying to do is that I would like to see what directory I'm in by looking at the prompt. I've figured out that %n is like $user, and %m is like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesloh
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncate directory path

Is it possibe to use sed for the following? I would like to truncate the output of a directory path if it's over 3 directory levels deep. For example: /dir1/dir2/dir3 -- NO change required but, /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4 would output as ~/dir4 Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get directory name from its path?

If I the path to a directory, what command can I use to return the actual name of that directory. test=`pwd`/folder1 > $test folder1 I'd rather avoid anything with regular expressions. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ordano
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Adding Directories to PATH in HP-UX with csh

HI Guys, I am truing to add some directories to the productive HP-UX (like /usr/sbin) the problem is that i tried some methods like (export) and setenv but i failed. I add some logs output of the commands to provide you with more info . the user which I am trying to add this path is different... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barry1946
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keep last directory from path

Hello, I am looking for a command that will give me the last directory name from a path ex 1 : /dir1/dir/2/dir3/ output needed dir3 ex 2 : /dir1/dir/2/dir3/dir4/ output needed dir4 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aswex
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract directory name from the full directory path in UNIX using shell scripting

My input is as below : /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/loyal/IFIND.HELLO.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/triumph/ifind.triumph.txt From the above input I want to extract the file names only . Basically I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What is the difference ../directory path and ./directory path in ksh?

What is the difference ../directory path and ./directory path in ksh? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TestKing
1 Replies
Plack::Session::Store::File(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Plack::Session::Store::File(3pm)

NAME
Plack::Session::Store::File - Basic file-based session store SYNOPSIS
use Plack::Builder; use Plack::Middleware::Session; use Plack::Session::Store::File; my $app = sub { return [ 200, [ 'Content-Type' => 'text/plain' ], [ 'Hello Foo' ] ]; }; builder { enable 'Session', store => Plack::Session::Store::File->new( dir => '/path/to/sessions' ); $app; }; # with custom serializer/deserializer builder { enable 'Session', store => Plack::Session::Store::File->new( dir => '/path/to/sessions', # YAML takes it's args the opposite order serializer => sub { YAML::DumpFile( reverse @_ ) }, deserializer => sub { YAML::LoadFile( @_ ) }, ); $app; }; DESCRIPTION
This implements a basic file based storage for session data. By default it will use Storable to serialize and deserialize the data, but this can be configured easily. This is a subclass of Plack::Session::Store and implements its full interface. METHODS
new ( %params ) The %params can include dir, serializer and deserializer options. It will check to be sure that the dir is writable for you. dir This is the directory to store the session data files in, if nothing is provided then "/tmp" is used. serializer This is a CODE reference that implements the serialization logic. The CODE ref gets two arguments, the $value, which is a HASH reference to be serialized, and the $file_path to save it to. It is not expected to return anything. deserializer This is a CODE reference that implements the deserialization logic. The CODE ref gets one argument, the $file_path to load the data from. It is expected to return a HASH reference. BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan.little@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2009, 2010 Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-07-27 Plack::Session::Store::File(3pm)