Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing text file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing text file Post 302608811 by comp8765 on Sunday 18th of March 2012 05:31:43 PM
Old 03-18-2012
Data Parsing text file

I'm totally stumped with how to handle this huge text file I'm trying to deal with. I really need some help!
Here is what is looks like:
Code:
ab1ba67c331a3d731396322fad8dd71a3b627f89359827697645c806091c40b9
812a3c3684310045f1cb3157bf5eebc4379804e98c82b56f3944564e7bf5dab5
9b27f7f2b07eb11e9576792d1105c3e43377c2659d18f0ac6ae894a2a548080e

It's pretty much hashes with values underneath each hash. It's quite large.

What I'm try to do is add all the numbers under each hash so the second one would be 1.2.

I also need a unique hash for each 0.2 value. So the first one would stay the same. The second one should have a total of six hashes. So the script would take the original hash and add a "1" and the end then sha256sum hash it again. (eg. sha256(812a3c3684310045f1cb3157bf5eebc4379804e98c82b56f3944564e7bf5dab51) Then take off the "1" add a "2" and all the way to "5". So in the end there would be 6 hashes under each other with 1.2 underneath.

Since the last hash has 0.1 it would add a "BAD AMOUNT" after the 0.1.

If the amount was 1.1 it would only make 5 hashes for the amount and add "EXTRA AMOUNT".

I've tried for days figuring it out but I can't. Any help would be appreciated!! THANK YOU!

Last edited by Franklin52; 03-19-2012 at 04:28 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Lines from a text file

Hello Guru's I know there are people who live to be able to help people like me. That's why I'm here! I have a text file that has a corresponding address information that I need to be able to get maybe as a Unix Function. The text file contains the following: AIX17_JB_C;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sallender
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text File Parsing

Hey Guys.I am a newbie on Bash Shell Scripting and Perl.And I have a question about file parsing. I have a log file which contains reports about a communication device.I need to take some of the reports from the log file.Its hard to explain the issue.but shortly I can say that, the reports has a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Djlethal
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in parsing text file contents

Hi, I need some help in extracting the Exception block between the lines 21 Feb 01:18:54:146 ERROR com.orbits.frameworks.integrationframework.ValidationException - Caught exception in validateRequest() (PID=565584) and 21 Feb 01:18:55:149 INFO ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alecs
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing text from file

Any ideas? 1)loop through text file 2)extract everything between SOL and EOL 3)output files, for example: 123.txt and 124.txt for the file below So far I have: sed -n "/SOL/,/EOL/{p;/EOL/q;}" file Here is an example of my text file. SOL-123.go something goes here something goes... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndnkyd
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help parsing and replacing text with file name

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble figuring this one out. I have ~100 *.fa files with multiple lines of fasta sequences like this: file1.fa >xyzsequence atcatgcacac...... ataccgagagg..... atataccagag..... >abcsequence atgagatatat..... acacacggd..... atcgaacac.... agttccagat.... The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mycoguy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log file text parsing

I'm new to scripting and was wondering if there was a way to accomplish what I want below using shell script(s). If there is a log file as follows, where the id is the unique id of a process, with the timestamp of when the process began and completed displayed, would it be possible to find the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dizydolly
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help parsing a text file

I have a text file: router1#sh ip blah blah | incl --- Gi2/8 10.60.4.181 --- 10.60.123.175 11 0000 0000 355K Gi2/8 10.60.83.28 --- 224.10.10.26 11 F9FF 3840 154K Gi2/8 10.60.83.198 --- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
1 Replies

8. Programming

Parsing a text file in Tcl

Hi all, I need to parse through a text file searching for a specific string, then after I find this string read in remaining data off the line to a variable. I've tried various things and can't seem to get any to work. Any help would be much appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caboose57
2 Replies

9. Programming

Parsing a Text file using C++

I was trying to parse the text file, which will looks like this ###XYZABC#### ############ int = 4 char = 1 float = 1 . . ############ like this my text file will contains lots of entries and I need to store these entries in the map eg. map.first = int and map.second = 4 same way I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: agupta2
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing text file

Hi Friends, I am back for the second round today - :D My input text file is this way Home friends friendship meter Tools Mirrors Downloads My Data About Us Help My own results BLAT Search Results ACTIONS QUERY SCORE START END QSIZE IDENTITY CHRO STRAND ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies
builtin(1)							   User Commands							builtin(1)

NAME
builtin - ksh93 built-in function to add, delete, or display shell built-ins SYNOPSIS
builtin [-ds] [-f lib] [pathname ...] DESCRIPTION
The ksh93 builtin command adds, deletes, or displays built-in commands in the current shell environment. A built-in command executes in the current shell process and can have side effects in the current shell. On most systems, the invocation time for built-in commands is one or two orders of magnitude less than commands that create a separate process. For each pathname specified, the basename of the pathname determines the name of the built-in. For each basename, the shell looks for a C level function in the current shell whose name is determined by pre-pending b_ to the built-in name. If pathname contains a forward slash (/), the built-in is bound to pathname. A built-in bound to a pathname is only executed if pathname is the first executable found during a path search. Otherwise, built-ins are found prior to performing the path search. If pathname is not specified, builtin displays the current list of built-ins, or just the special built-ins if the -s option is specified, on standard output. The full pathname for built-ins that are bound to pathnames are displayed. Libraries containing built-ins can be specified with the -f option. If the library contains a function named lib_init(), this function is invoked with argument 0 when the library is loaded. The lib_init() function can load built-ins by invoking an appropriate C level function. In this case there is no restriction on the C level function name. The C level function is invoked with three arguments. The first two are the same as main() and the third one is a pointer. The ksh93 builtin command cannot be invoked from a restricted shell. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Delete each of the specified built-ins. Special built-ins cannot be deleted. -f lib On systems with dynamic linking, load and search for built-ins in the shared library, lib. Libraries are searched for in $PATH and system dependent library directories. The system dependent shared library prefix or suf- fix can be omitted. Once a library is loaded, its symbols become available for the current and subsequent invocations of builtin. Multiple libraries can be specified with separate invocations of builtin. Libraries are searched in the reverse order in which they are specified. -s Display only the special built-ins. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: pathname Specifies the pathname. The basename of the pathname determines the name of the built-in. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Loading a builtin Command The following example loads a builtin command mycmd from the library libfoo.so: example% builtin -f foo mycmd AUTHORS
David Korn, dgk@research.att.com ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh93(1), whence(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 1 May 2007 builtin(1)