Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Weird nfs issue after TL upgrade Post 302608791 by frank_rizzo on Sunday 18th of March 2012 04:52:44 PM
Old 03-18-2012
What do you mean by "unable to see files large than 2GB"?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird SSH issue

hey all, I guess I'm the newbie on these boards, anyways, hello. I recently became the admin for a few Solaris machines, and I have recently discovered an issue with SSH on one of my machines. On one of my machines, I can only SSH into the machine as root. I have tried the newest version... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AKM
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

weird domain issue.

OK so i have a virtual server where i store files. one day i tied to login and i couldn't connect to my sevrer so i logged into my ssh and checked to see if the process was running. proftp was not. I then tried to start it manually and got the error below. Now the domain listed there is not mine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thirddegreekris
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird Awk issue

Hi All, a bit of a weird one here. I'm trying to pass a variable into an awk command, and I keep getting an error. I have the line nawk -F"," -v red=$random_variable '{print $red}' $w_dir/$file_name > $w_dir/${column_name} that keeps failing with the error nawk: can't open file {print... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
17 Replies

4. HP-UX

Weird Issue with crontab.

Hello all, Normally I'm pretty comfortable with crontab, changing and updating (done it many-a-time). But in the last two days I've been pulling my hair out over the following... Details of OS: HP-UX mdirect B.11.23 U ia64 2587410573 unlimited-user license Issue: Execute a script (very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

weird issue about h, g, x in SED

I have a file called merge2.t: Hi Hello how are you. </Endtag> <New> I am fine.</New> This is a test. freelong how Here is the SED: sed -n ' /<\/Endtag>/ !{ H } /<\/Endtag>/ { x p } (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freelong
4 Replies

6. Solaris

NFS Mount permissions weird

Hi all. I have a nas mounted on a solaris box as /u04. Currently I am getting a permission denied error from my HP DataProtector backup and when I ls -l the actual directory I get: drwxrwxrwt 5 65535 nogroup 4096 Nov 9 13:46 u04 I also have SAN mounted as /u06 and it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird SUID issue

Hi, I am setting up SUID permissions on a binary. It gets set for most of the users, however, 1 in 10 users is unable to set these. For those who works: > chmod 6555 Test > ls -l Test -r-sr-sr-x 1 A B 5524 Nov 15 14:53 Test For those where it doesn't work: > chmod 6555 Test... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

weird equal variable issue

I run this #!/bin/bash cron=$(ps aux | grep crond | grep -v grep | grep -o crond| uniq) echo "cron :$cron:" if ; then echo "OK: crond service running fine on `hostname`" exit 2 else echo "CRITICAL: crond service not running on `hostname`" exit 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies

9. AIX

Upgrade to TL8 failed: bos.net.NFS.client 6.1.8.1 (usr: COMMITTED, root:

dears i am trying to upgrade the TL from TL7 to TL8 and i facing this issue AIX6.1 << End of Success Section >> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ BUILDDATE Verification ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird issue in converting XLSX to TXT

Hi Guys, I have used Perl scripting to convert XLSX file to TXT file using Perl module Spreadsheet::XLSX. I processed one XLSX file having one column and 65k rows of data . Strangely ,It is merging data for every 2047 row and I could see data in TXT file as Ex: Suppose in XLSX file ,if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajk459
2 Replies
fgetpos64(3S)															     fgetpos64(3S)

NAME
fgetpos64(), fopen64(), freopen64(), fseeko64(), fsetpos64(), fstatvfsdev64(), ftello64(), ftw64(), nftw64(), statvfsdev64(), tmpfile64() - non-POSIX standard API interfaces to support large files. SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
New API's to support large files. These API interfaces are not a part of the POSIX standard and may be removed in the future. The function is identical to except that returns the position in a instead of a All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to in 64-bit compile environment. The function returns a pointer to a FILE which can be used to grow the file past 2 GB if desired. All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical to The function is identical to in 64-bit compile environment. The function returns a pointer to a FILE which can be used to grow the file past 2 GB if desired. All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical to The function is identical to except that accepts an for the size parameter instead of All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to except that accepts an for the pos parameter instead of All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to except that accepts a for the second parameter instead of All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to except that returns the file position in an instead of an All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to except that it that it utilizes a as the second parameter to the function whose pointer is passed to All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to except that it that it utilizes a as the second parameter to the function whose pointer is passed to All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to except that accepts a for the second parameter instead of All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to in the 64-bit compile environment. Both interfaces create a temporary file that is capable of growing beyond 2GB's if desired. All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. SEE ALSO
thread_safety(5). fgetpos64(3S)