Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting eof unexpected while looking[...] Post 302608657 by methyl on Sunday 18th of March 2012 08:16:59 AM
Old 03-18-2012
Please post the output from this command which is designed to make control characters visible:
If your script is call say "scriptname":

Code:
sed -n l scriptname

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar: write error: unexpected EOF

I am taring to disk and get this message: tar: write error: unexpected EOF This message is normally associated with tape devices, not disk. Here is the syntax: tar -cf <tarfilename> /dir Have you seen this message on disk tars? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabe
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected eof error

Hi, I am newbie and am just trying to connect to oracle from shell script ,,,but I am getting the following error ./prog.sh: line 20: syntax error: unexpected end of file The scripts is : #!/bin/bash O=$IFS; IFS=","; while read a b c d do echo $c ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unexpected EOF

I ran the following scripts and everytime i get the errot as follows Line 54: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ',' line 57 syntex error unexpected end of file#!/bin/ksh set -x BKUP_DIR=/u03/backups/abu/nightly_backup LOG_FILE=/u03/backups/abu/backup.log ORACLE_HOME=... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manna
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar:read error: unexpected EOF

I need archive data from some tar files. I use the command "tar xvf filename". For about half of the files I get the error message "tar:read error: unexpected EOF". The number of bytes extracted comes very close to the size of the tar file. An example: 972434779 Jan 10 01:01... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikeruth
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

Hi everyone, I am trying to search for a string in a file that is partly made up of a variable. Here's the code: echo "parentCategory = $parentCategory" echo "parentCategoryFormatted = $parentCategoryFormatted" numUrlsFoundInParentCategory=`grep -c "<Topic r:id=\"Top\/World\/Français\/"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BlueberryPickle
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unexpected EOF

hello everyone...im having this problem with unexpected EOF with line 85 which is..i cant see whats wrong with it..can any1 plz help me out. read -p "$p1 please enter the number of tries you wish to have:" lifeline function main() { guessnum=0 read -p "Please enter if its sinle player game... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Freakhan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stuck with Unexpected EOF

Hi, i have a script as below. i'm using sun solaris 10. Script : #! /bin/sh load() { find /stage_area/loadfiles/telsims/test/ -type f -name "*$1" -print > /tmp/testfile.txt fc=`cat /tmp/testfile.txt | wc -l | sed 's/ //g'` if ; then echo " Files Not Avaliable" exit else... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected EOF : BASH

i'm writing a bash script that uploads a file to my server but it keeps saying unexpected EOF... i cannot see the problem with it, and it worked before i edited the script to work on my ipod touch as well. Here is the troublsome code... if ; then tar -czf "file(Mac).tar.gz" "/folder" >... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: DuskFall
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unexpected EOF in .profile

When opening a new window under Terminal, got that message: Last login: Sun Oct 30 10:35:12 on ttys000 -bash: /Users/MyName/.profile: line 47: syntax error: unexpected end of file I tried several clues like using BBedit or emacs to get rid of it, nothing does. Maybe shell commands cut or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shub22
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

I have a piece of Linux script. It tells me some syntax error. I couldn't find it. Please help me to identify them. Thanks. The code looks like this: export ORACLE_SID=MYDB export SPW=`cat /opt/oracle/scripts/.sys_pw_$ORACLE_SID` export check_arch=`sqlplus -s << EOF / as sysdba... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
7 Replies
Test::Script::Run(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Test::Script::Run(3pm)

NAME
Test::Script::Run - test the script with run SYNOPSIS
use Test::Script::Run; # customized names of bin dirs, default is qw/bin sbin script ./; @Test::Script::Run::BIN_DIRS = qw/bin/; run_ok( 'app_name', [ app's args ], 'you_app runs ok' ); my ( $return, $stdout, $stderr ) = run_script( 'app_name', [ app's args ] ); run_output_matches( 'app_name', [app's args], [ 'out line 1', 'out line 2' ], [ 'err line 1', 'err line 2' ], 'run_output_matches' ); run_output_matches_unordered( 'app_name', [ app's args ], [ 'out line 2', 'out line 1' ], [ 'err line 2', 'err line 1' ], 'run_output_matches_unordered' ); DESCRIPTION
This module exports some subs to help test and run scripts in your dist's bin/ directory, if the script path is not absolute. Nearly all the essential code is stolen from Prophet::Test, we think subs like those should live below "Test::" namespace, that's why we packed them and created this module. FUNCTIONS
run_script($script, $args, $stdout, $stderr) Runs the script $script as a perl script, setting the @INC to the same as our caller. $script is the name of the script to be run (such as 'prophet'). $args is a reference to an array of arguments to pass to the script. $stdout and $stderr are both optional; if passed in, they will be passed to IPC::Run3's run3 subroutineA as its $stdout and $stderr args. Otherwise, this subroutine will create scalar references to pass to run3 instead (which are treated as strings for STDOUT/STDERR to be written to). Returns run3's return value and, if no $stdout and $stderr were passed in, the STDOUT and STDERR of the script that was run. run_ok($script, $args, $msg) Runs the script, checking that it didn't error out. $script is the name of the script to be run (e.g. 'prophet'). $args is an optional reference to an array of arguments to pass to the script when it is run. $msg is an optional message to print with the test. If $args is not specified, you can still pass in a $msg. Returns nothing of interest. run_not_ok($script, $args, $msg) opposite of run_ok get_perl_cmd($script, @ARGS) Returns a list suitable for passing to "system", "exec", etc. If you pass $script then we will search upwards for it in @BIN_DIRS is_script_output($scriptname @args, @stdout_match, @stderr_match, $msg) Runs $scriptname, checking to see that its output matches. $args is an array reference of args to pass to the script. $stdout_match and $stderr_match are references to arrays of expected lines. $msg is a string message to display with the test. $stderr_match and $msg are optional. (As is $stdout_match if for some reason you expect your script to have no output at all. But that would be silly, wouldn't it?) Allows regex matches as well as string equality (lines in $stdout_match and $stderr_match may be Regexp objects). run_output_matches($script, $args, $exp_stdout, $exp_stderr, $msg) A wrapper around is_script_output that also checks to make sure the test runs without throwing an exception. run_output_matches_unordered($script, $args, $exp_stdout, $exp_stderr, $msg) This subroutine has exactly the same functionality as run_output_matches, but doesn't impose a line ordering when comparing the expected and received outputs. last_script_stdout return last script's stdout last_script_stderr return last script's stderr last_script_exit_code return last script's exit code DEPENDENCIES
Test::More, Test::Exception, IPC::Run3, File::Basename, File::Spec BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No bugs have been reported. AUTHOR
sunnavy "<sunnavy@bestpractical.com>" LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2009 Best Practical Solutions. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-01-07 Test::Script::Run(3pm)