Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting string to negative decimal value Post 302608633 by angie1234 on Sunday 18th of March 2012 06:29:06 AM
Old 03-18-2012
MySQL

Thanks a lot!! It works fine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script for converting a decimal to binary

Could anybody please help me in writing a script in unix for converting a decimal number to binary number. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: softy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a decimal into integer

Hi all, I'm trying to convert a decimal number into an integer number; I'm doing this: n=`echo |awk '{ print "'"$mem"'"*10}'` where the variable mem is equal to 3.7 I'd like to obtain 37, but the expression above gives me 30. Help please!!!! thx a lot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting decimal in other systems with bc

Hallo, how can I convert number systems with bc? I need to convert a decimal number to octal, dual or hex number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiseguy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting decimal to integer

The shell mentioned below will show a warning if the page takes more than 6 seconds to load. The problem is that myduration variable is not an integer. How do I convert it to integer? myduration=$(curl http://192.168.50.1/mantisbt/view.php?id=1 -w %{time_total}) > /dev/null ; ] && echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help converting date-time value to decimal

Hi I need help to do some calculation in script. I have a monitor program (munin) that I would like to log uptime information from a server. The script looks like this (not complete): #!/bin/sh # server_uptime ### Config Start # Reads the server parameters using the HTTP port with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting hex to ascii/decimal

I am writing a bash script to do some parsing on a log and I am running into a problem when it comes to converting only certain sections of the file from hex to ascii or hex to decimal. Data Example: The hex values after Hardware and SW Version I need to convert from Hex to ASCII and the... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiftkey
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

error- multiplying negative decimal values

a=10.02 pattern=-11.01 b=$(echo | awk '{ print $a*$pattern}') echo $b its not working even ALso tried `expr $a \* $pattern` No LUCK (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting decimal to hex

How to convert decimal value to hex and than take 1st digits as variable sample data 84844294,5,6 51291736,2,3 84844294,5,6 51291736,2,3 i can use {printf "%x,%d\n",$1,$2} but than i want to filter base on 1st hex digit 1st recrd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: before4
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Converting negative number to positive in a file

Hi ALL, I am having semi column separated file as below. I am having negative values for the records starting with 11095. How can I convert that positive number I tried this below seems not working sed 's/ \(*\)$/ -\1/;t;s/\(.*\)-/\1/ myfile myfile... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Negative decimal to binary

Is there a fast way to convert a negative decimal value into a signed binary number in bash script ? I've looked a lot on internet but I saw nothing... (For exemple : -1 become 11111111.) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zedki
9 Replies
EVIM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   EVIM(1)

NAME
evim - easy Vim, edit a file with Vim and setup for modeless editing SYNOPSIS
evim [options] [file ..] eview DESCRIPTION
eVim starts Vim and sets options to make it behave like a modeless editor. This is still Vim but used as a point-and-click editor. This feels a lot like using Notepad on MS-Windows. eVim will always run in the GUI, to enable the use of menus and toolbar. Only to be used for people who really can't work with Vim in the normal way. Editing will be much less efficient. eview is the same, but starts in read-only mode. It works just like evim -R. See vim(1) for details about Vim, options, etc. The 'insertmode' option is set to be able to type text directly. Mappings are setup to make Copy and Paste work with the MS-Windows keys. CTRL-X cuts text, CTRL-C copies text and CTRL-V pastes text. Use CTRL-Q to obtain the original meaning of CTRL-V. OPTIONS
See vim(1). FILES
/usr/share/vim/vim62/evim.vim The script loaded to initialize eVim. AKA
Also Known As "Vim for gumbies". When using evim you are expected to take a handkerchief, make a knot in each corner and wear it on your head. SEE ALSO
vim(1) AUTHOR
Most of Vim was made by Bram Moolenaar, with a lot of help from others. See the Help/Credits menu. 2002 February 16 EVIM(1)