Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting glob not matching all files in perl Post 302608555 by pravin27 on Saturday 17th of March 2012 11:15:28 PM
Old 03-18-2012
Could this help you ?

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;

my $dir="/path/dir";
opendir(DH,"$dir") || die "can not open $! \n";
while (my $file=readdir(DH)) {
next if $file eq "." or $file eq "..";
print $file,"\n";
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl IO vs GLOB symbols

Hi, Can someone please clarify how we are able to use both IO and GLOB symbols of a package variable interchangeably? Please consider the following code: open(FH,"myfile") || die "Unable to open file myfile:$@"; my $glob_var = *main::FH{GLOB}; my $io_var = *main::FH{IO}; print $glob_var... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasan_85
0 Replies

2. Programming

How to find the matching data b/w 2 files in perl?

Hi friends,, i have find the matching data between 2files. My file1 have a data like rs3001336 rs3984736 rs2840532 File2 have a data like rs3736330 1 2359237 A G 0.28 1.099 0.010 rs2840532 1 2359977 G A 0.363 0.3373 1.123 rs3001336 1 2365193 G A 0.0812 0.07319 1.12 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshraj
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the matching data b/w 2 files in perl?

Hi friends,, i have find the matching data between 2files. My file1 have a data like rs3001336 rs3984736 rs2840532 File2 have a data like rs3736330 1 2359237 A G 0.28 1.099 0.010 rs2840532 1 2359977 G A 0.363 0.3373 1.123 rs3001336 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshraj
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hidden Characters in Regular Expression Matching Perl - Perl Newbie

I am completely new to perl programming. My father is helping me learn said programming language. However, I am stuck on one of the assignments he has given me, and I can't find very much help with it via google, either because I have a tiny attention span, or because I can be very very dense. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittyluva2
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract only decimal numbers for a glob of text

If you have a look at this thread, you'll see that users have been posting the output a script which are numbers that range from 2 to 5 decimal places. If I dump this entire thread to txt file, how can I: 1) Delete everything except for numbers of the following formats (where 'x' is a digit and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python - glob () - How to grep same files with different extension files

Hi I Have a directory and i have some files below abc.txt abc.gif gtee.txt ghod.pid umni.log unmi.tar How can use glob function to grep abc files , i have created a variable "text" and i assigned value as "abc", please suggest me how can we use glob.glob( ) to get the output as below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using glob() in python script in Linux

Hi I need some suggestion on glob function. I am trying to write a python program to grep some specific files in a particular directory. In the directory i have some files like below abc.log abc.pid abc.tar gadd.tar gat.log gat.tar in this directory i need to grep onlu my hostname files,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Use of *? in Matching Pattern

I am using Perl version 5.8.4 and trying to understand the use of regular expression. Following is my code and output. $string = "Perl is a\nScripting language"; ($start) = ($string =~ /\A(.*?) /); @lines = ($string =~ /^(.*?) /gm); print "First Word (using \\A): $start\n","Line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use ./*glob*

I used this site to check a script. ShellCheck - shell script analysis tool Line 57: zip -u -q Desktop_Items.zip *.desktop ^-- SC2035: Use ./*glob* or -- *glob* so names with dashes won't become options. I do not understand what is wrong with my zip... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with user input including * (glob) and sed

Hello All, I have created a script that searches for different things and "sanitizes" the findings from files. Currently the user is required to put in a hostname (server.serverfarm.abc) one at a time to replace. I would like the user be able to use *.*.abc in grep and then pipe into sed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jvezinat
1 Replies
chooseDirectory(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					chooseDirectory(3)

NAME
chooseDirectory - pops up a dialog box for the user to select a directory. SYNOPSIS
$widget->chooseDirectory( ?option value ...? ); DESCRIPTION
The method chooseDirectory is implemented as a perl wrapper on the core tk "command" tk_chooseDirectory, and $widget is passed as the argument to the hidden -parent option. The chooseDirectory method pops up a dialog box for the user to select a directory. The following option-value pairs are possible as command line arguments: -initialdir dirname Specifies that the directories in directory should be displayed when the dialog pops up. If this parameter is not specified, then the directories in the current working directory are displayed. If the parameter specifies a relative path, the return value will convert the relative path to an absolute path. This option may not always work on the Macintosh. This is not a bug. Rather, the General Controls control panel on the Mac allows the end user to override the application default directory. -parent $widget Makes $widget the logical parent of the dialog. The dialog is displayed on top of its parent window. -title titleString Specifies a string to display as the title of the dialog box. If this option is not specified, then a default title will be displayed. -mustexist boolean Specifies whether the user may specify non-existant directories. If this parameter is true, then the user may only select directories that already exist. The default value is false. CAVEATS
Perl does not have a concept of encoded filesystems yet. This means that operations on filenames like "opendir" and "open" still use byte semantics. Tk however uses character semantics internally, which means that you can get filenames with the UTF-8 flag set in functions like "chooseDirectory", "getOpenFile" and similar. It's the user's responsibility to determine the encoding of the underlying filesystem and convert the result into bytes, e.g. use Encode; ... my $dir = $mw->chooseDirectory; $dir = encode("windows-1252", $dir); opendir DIR, $dir or die $!; ... See also "When Unicode Does Not Happen" in perlunicode and "Unicode in Filenames" in perltodo. EXAMPLE
my $dir = $mw->chooseDirectory(-initialdir => '~', -title => 'Choose a directory'); if (!defined $dir) { warn 'No directory selected'; } else { warn "Selected $dir"; } SEE ALSO
Tk::getOpenFile, Tk::getOpenFile KEYWORDS
directory selection dialog perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 chooseDirectory(3)