Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Decoding a string
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Decoding a string Post 302608313 by pandeesh on Saturday 17th of March 2012 12:31:18 AM
Old 03-17-2012
Decoding a string

Hi,

If my input string is
Code:
3a3b4c

then my result should be
Code:
aaabbbcccc

. Please guide me how to achieve this in a bash script.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Decoding of Core Dump

Hi ALL, Is it possible to decode the core dumb file to find the error? I get an Memory Core Dumb error with an core file. Regards, P. Prathaban. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: p_prathaban
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

decoding commands

hi please can anyone help me in decoding shell commands. i need a way to decode the encrypted shell commands. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
8 Replies

3. Solaris

problem when decoding a binary file

I tried to decode a binary script using the command 'uudecode'. but it is giving error as 'No begining line'. 'uudecode -o <outfile name> <binary file>' Please help me in resolving this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Packet decoding

Hi, wondering if anyone can suggest a tool to me that will let me either cut & paste hex or type it in for packet decoding. I want to be able to decode a packet as done with tcpdump or wireshark, but I want to be able to manually input the hex myself. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breakology
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

URL decoding with awk

The challenge: Decode URL's, i.e. convert %HEX to the corresponding special characters, using only UNIX base utilities, and without having to type out each special character. I have an anonymous C code snippet where the author assigns each hex digit a number from 0 to 16 and then does some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Decoding a base 64 string

Is it possible to decode a base 64 string in linux or unix. If so, related commands or reference notes would be really helpful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandu123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP decoding

I am trying to understand a UNIX script which FTPs certain files from a remote location to the local machine. I understand the basic FTP command but the UNIX script uses the following command: ftp -n -i -v > $logftp_trg 2>&1 <<! open $MFX_FTP_SERVER user $MFX_FTP_LOGIN $MFX_FTP_PWD Can anyone... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhavesh Sharma
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decoding and pattern matching

Hello, I have a huge file with over 700,00 SNPs with 18 columns. One column is in the format --+-+ ---++ ????? -???? Now i have another list which corresponds to this code in a particular order A-1 B-7 C-11 D-3 E-100 Now I need to match the expression above to the pattern,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nans
1 Replies

9. Programming

ASN1 decoding error

Hi, fellows i am modifying asn1 schema to be able to decode a file, but i am hitting a error on one of the fields using free online tool asn1-playground. I suspect i need to change type and have tried with IDENTIFIER but it doesn't help...any ideas check the schema and file down , please ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahchiev01
0 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Unicode encoding and decoding, OSX 10.13.5.

I am struggling here to understand...... The default encoding. See photo 1. Why does this NOT work? #!/bin/bash # Code for OSX 10.13.5. default UNICODE encoding. echo"" echo "The default UTF-8..." locale echo"" echo "Change to 8 bit ASCII only..." LANG="en_GB.US-ASCII" export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux					    UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)

NAME
update-rcconf-guide - Create default guide file for rcconf SYNOPSIS
update-rcconf-guide DESCRIPTION
Update-rcconf-guide creates the default guide file which rcconf uses. Update-rcconf-guide searches the package names corresponding to each service file in /etc/init.d directory from dpkg info files(/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list) and get the description of these packages using apt-cache. Update-rcconf-guide uses Short-Description in priority to the description if service files has Short-Description field. Update-rcconf-guide writes those results to /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default file. You can write your own guide in user guide file(/var/lib/rcconf/guide) by hand. Rcconf refers Guides in /var/lib/rcconf/guide before those in /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default. If you install some packages after executed update-rcconf-guide, you need to re-create this file using update-rcconf-guide so as to refresh guide.default that includes new guides for installed new services. Notice: update-rcconf-guide was not executed when you installed rcconf package. FILE
/var/lib/rcconf/guide.default Guide File update-rcconf-guide generates. /var/lib/rcconf/guide Guide File user(Administrator) can define. SEE ALSO
rcconf(8) AUTHOR
Atsushi KAMOSHIDA <kamop@debian.org> perl v5.10.1 2009-01-21 UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)