Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Using ls or echo to display a specific output Post 302608296 by methyl on Friday 16th of March 2012 09:10:58 PM
Old 03-16-2012
I can't match it without using 6 separate "ls" commands. Unless there is some hidden order (like a timestamp) which was visible before the files got old.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display from a variable using echo.

I have a variable that is outputting a lot of space. here has been 45 lines returned ... how can I remove the spaces between the "been and the 45" CODE: fil_len=`wc -l < coshb.txt` if ; then cat coshb.txt | more echo " " echo "There has been ${fil_len} lines... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

what does echo $$ command display

whats the value stored in $$ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suri
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to display specific lines of a specific file

are there any basic commands that can display lines 99 - 101 of the /etc/passwd file? I'm thinking use of head and tail, but I forget what numbers to use and where to put /etc/passwd in the command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidkridley
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display echo results in three column

Dear Friends, I have my command output which displays on one row and values are now scrollable (vertical) 3 pages. How do i display those output in three column so that i no need to scroll? Example: dcadd$cat components 1.Caluculator 2.Diary ... ... 50.Mobile 51.Battery .. ...... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo display problem

Hi I am facing a strange problem a=03 echo ${a} the output is 3 But i want to display it is 03 Can you people help me how to display it like 03. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ksh script to display output with specific contents

This is Input - starts with Storage Group Name and ends with Shareable and the loop continues all I need is Storage group name and Alu numbers in the below output format requested. Storage Group Name: abcd Storage Group UID: 00:00:000:00:0:0:0 HBA/SP Pairs: HBA UID ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddysa
6 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

display which line returns specific output

Hi, I'm trying to figure out a way to find which line in my file.txt with IP addresses: 192.168.0.1 192.178.0.2 etc... returns specific result when I execute command affecting all lines. For example when I run: for line in `cat file.txt`; do snmpget $line done it displays the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svetoslav_sj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

display echo only once

lets say I am printing something out echo "Please enter a valid username" and its being printed out 5 times, is there any way I can limit to only being displayed ONCE. I tried echo -n but that just makes everything fit on one line. Right now it keeps saying Please enter a valid... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subway69
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick UNIX command to display specific lines in the middle of a file from/to specific word

This could be a really dummy question. I have a log text file. What unix command to extract line from specific string to another specific string. Is it something similar to?: more +/"string" file_name Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aku
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do we display specific row of an output from bottom given line number?

I pass a number to my script. Passing "1" below. ./getfile.sh 1 echo "User entered: $1" ls -ltr *.conf | sed -n '$p' I wish to use ls -ltr i.e list files in ascending order of time the latest showing at the bottom of the output. Number 1 should get me the last row of ls -ltr output i.e... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies
SONATA(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SONATA(1)

NAME
sonata - GTK+ client for the Music Player Daemon SYNOPSIS
sonata [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
Sonata is an elegant GTK+ music client for the Music Player Daemon (MPD). OPTIONS
-h, --help Show this help and exit -p, --popup Popup song notification (requires D-Bus) -t, --toggle Toggles whether the app is minimized to tray or visible (requires D-Bus) -v, --version Show version information and exit --hidden Start app hidden (requires systray) --visible Start app visible (requires systray) --profile=[NUM] Start with profile [NUM] play Play song in playlist pause Pause currently playing song stop Stop currently playing song next Play next song in playlist prev Play previous song in playlist pp Toggle play/pause; plays if stopped repeat Toggle repeat mode random Toggle random mode info Display current song info status Display MPD status SEE ALSO
Website: http://sonata.berlios.de MPD Website: http://www.musicpd.org AUTHOR
Sonata was written by Scott Horowitz <stonecrest@gmail.com>. This manual page is currently maintained by Scott Horowitz <stonecrest@gmail.com>. It was originally written by Michal Cihar <michal@cihar.com>. October 20, 2006 SONATA(1)