Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Output to single line
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output to single line Post 302608122 by pravin27 on Friday 16th of March 2012 08:31:40 AM
Old 03-16-2012
You can provide ur output to the paste command as shown below.

Code:

echo "dis ql(*) CLUSTER"|runmqsc CT.QM.ASSA10T1| egrep 'QUEUE|CLUSTER'|egrep -v 'SYSTEM|XMITQ'| sed -e 's/QUEUE(/ /g' -e 's/TYPE(QLOCAL)/ /g' -e 's/CLUSTER(/ /g' -e 's/)/ /g' | paste -d"," - -

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need output in different lines not in one single line

I am getting the coutput like this as show below in one single line, where as the command is executed is several lines and the output should also be requied in several lines, not in one single line. Anyone any idea? p4 opened -a | grep *locked* | awk '{ printf $8 }' >/tmp/aa $ cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-line output to single line

Hello, How can I take the following output: outputa outputb outputc and turn it into single line ouput, with a single space between each field like below: outputa outputb outputc (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
7 Replies

3. AIX

ls command output in single line

Hi, Can anyone suggest me how can I display the output of ls command in single line with some delimiter say pipe (|)? I know it can be done by writing a script by using the loops but I wanted to know are there any other single line commands? Thanks for your help Sheshadri (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsheshadri
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

single line input to multiple line output with sed

hey gents, I'm working on something that will use snmpwalk to query the devices on my network and retreive the device name, device IP, device model and device serial. I'm using Nmap for the enumeration and sed to clean up the results for use by snmpwalk. Once i get all the data organized I'm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitch
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output coming in different line instead of single line

Hi Guys, I have an oracle database, I am trying to query the database and route it to file. But the records instead of coming in a single line, are coming in three lines. Can you please help me.. in this.. sqlplus -s $SRMUserid/$SRMPassword@$SRMServer<< EOF >log.out; select * from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output to be in single line

Hi All, Small script but :wall:, please help in this regard. for i in 1 2 3 do echo $i done result : 1 2 3 I want the above to be printed as below expected result: 1 2 3 Thanks in advance :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish_satyam
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multi-line output into a single line

Hello I did do a search and the past threads doesn't really solve my issue. (using various awk commands) I need to combine the output from java -version into 1 line, but I am having difficulties. When you exec java -version, you get: java version "1.5.0_06" Java(TM) 2 Runtime... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multi-line output to a single line in a group

Hi, My Oracle query is returing below o/p ---------------------------------------------------------- Ins trnas value a lkp1 x a lkp1 y b lkp1 a b lkp2 x b lkp2 y ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert single line output to multiple line

Hi all, I have a single line output like below echo $ips 10.26.208.28 10.26.208.26 10.26.208.27 want to convert above single line output as below format. Pls advice how to do ? 10.26.208.28 10.26.208.26 10.26.208.27 Regards Kannan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Output to file print as single line, not separate line

example of problem: when I echo "$e" >> /home/cogiz/file.txt result prints to file as:AA BB CC I need it to save to file as this:AA BB CC I know it's probably something really simple but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Cogiz (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
7 Replies
CLUSTERDB(1)						  PostgreSQL Client Applications					      CLUSTERDB(1)

NAME
clusterdb - cluster a PostgreSQL database SYNOPSIS
clusterdb [ connection-option... ] [ [ --verbose ] [ -v ] ] [ --table | -t table ] [ dbname ] clusterdb [ connection-option... ] [ [ --all ] [ -a ] ] [ [ --verbose ] [ -v ] ] DESCRIPTION
clusterdb is a utility for reclustering tables in a PostgreSQL database. It finds tables that have previously been clustered, and clusters them again on the same index that was last used. Tables that have never been clustered are not affected. clusterdb is a wrapper around the SQL command CLUSTER [cluster(7)]. There is no effective difference between clustering databases via this utility and via other methods for accessing the server. OPTIONS
clusterdb accepts the following command-line arguments: -a --all Cluster all databases. [-d] dbname [--dbname] dbname Specifies the name of the database to be clustered. If this is not specified and -a (or --all) is not used, the database name is read from the environment variable PGDATABASE. If that is not set, the user name specified for the connection is used. -e --echo Echo the commands that clusterdb generates and sends to the server. -q --quiet Do not display progress messages. -t table --table table Cluster table only. -v --verbose Print detailed information during processing. clusterdb also accepts the following command-line arguments for connection parameters: -h host --host host Specifies the host name of the machine on which the server is running. If the value begins with a slash, it is used as the directory for the Unix domain socket. -p port --port port Specifies the TCP port or local Unix domain socket file extension on which the server is listening for connections. -U username --username username User name to connect as. -w --no-password Never issue a password prompt. If the server requires password authentication and a password is not available by other means such as a .pgpass file, the connection attempt will fail. This option can be useful in batch jobs and scripts where no user is present to enter a password. -W --password Force clusterdb to prompt for a password before connecting to a database. This option is never essential, since clusterdb will automatically prompt for a password if the server demands password authentica- tion. However, clusterdb will waste a connection attempt finding out that the server wants a password. In some cases it is worth typing -W to avoid the extra connection attempt. ENVIRONMENT
PGDATABASE PGHOST PGPORT PGUSER Default connection parameters This utility, like most other PostgreSQL utilities, also uses the environment variables supported by libpq (see in the documentation). DIAGNOSTICS
In case of difficulty, see CLUSTER [cluster(7)] and psql(1) for discussions of potential problems and error messages. The database server must be running at the targeted host. Also, any default connection settings and environment variables used by the libpq front-end library will apply. EXAMPLES
To cluster the database test: $ clusterdb test To cluster a single table foo in a database named xyzzy: $ clusterdb --table foo xyzzy SEE ALSO
CLUSTER [cluster(7)] Application 2010-05-14 CLUSTERDB(1)