Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Top cmd showing NICE value 97% -what to tune? Post 302607964 by methyl on Thursday 15th of March 2012 07:48:17 PM
Old 03-15-2012
Sorry, but no quick fix for this. The requirements for Oracle are clearly stated in their many detailed installation guides. Only a casual home user would ever run an Oracle database engine with one CPU.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Top output] NICE % high ?

Hi, I've got some CPU bottleneck on a HP-UX 11 server : i didn't understand it until i discover i've got an unusual high percentage of NICE% CPU regarding my DBRMS process (Sybase 12.x). How do i have to understand it and how to resolve it ? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eliador2001
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man <cmd> >> cmd.txt

I've noticed most of my postings here are because of syntax errors. So I want to begin compiling a large txt file that contains all the "man <cmd>" of the commands I most have problems with. I ran a "man nawk >> nawk.txt" but it included a header/footer on each "page". Anyone know how I'd be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
6 Replies

3. Programming

nice command and nice() system call

Hi I want to implement the nice command in the shell that I am building. I came to know that there is a corresponding nice() system call for the same. But since I will be forking different processes to run different commands typed on the command prompt, is there any way I can make a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejbuch
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

top and nice

Hi, I have two identical 12 CPU HPUX machines, and I run the same processes on each that load the boxes fully. top on one reports activity under the NICE (19%) and SYS (18%) columns, while top on the other reports 0% NICE and 16% SYS. What would cause NICE to be zero on one machine and not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CBorgia
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tune my query

I have a requirement to separate only some numbers from the input file and produce it in a format. The input is ( i have took a sample, the actual file contains more than 50000 rows around 840 MB in size) $cat temp.txt 001 08 002 08 003 06 004 11 005 11 006 08 007 08 008 92* 009 92 010... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
1 Replies

6. Solaris

top is showing 0% cpu Idle

What should we do if we show a 0% cpu idl on top? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix cmd prompt how to get old cmd run?

Hi, I am using SunOS I want to serch my previous command from unix prompt (like on AIX we can search by ESC -k) how to get in SunOs urgent help require. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
10 Replies

8. Red Hat

Showing all users in 'users' and 'top' commands

Hi All, I work in a multi user environment where my school uses Red Hat Linux server. When I issue commands such as "top" or "users", I get to see what others are doing and what kinds of applications they are running (even ps -aux will give such information). "users" will let me know who else is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

9. BSD

Very high nice percentage in top command

Hello Folks, Recently our FreeBSD 7.1 i386 system became very sluggish. Nothing much is happening over there & whatever is running takes eternity to complete. All the troubleshooting hinted towards a very high nice percentage. Can that be the culprit? Pasting snippets of top command,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
7 Replies

10. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

An HTML tag is showing at the top of page

I noticed a HTML tag opened at the top of the index page. I do not know if this is an error or a coding mistake or it means something else which i do not know. I felt i raise the issue. Please kindly correct me if i am wrong. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: despiragado
5 Replies
Session::Store::Oracle(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Session::Store::Oracle(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle - Store persistent data in a Oracle database SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; my $store = new Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; $store->insert($ref); $store->update($ref); $store->materialize($ref); $store->remove($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle fulfills the storage interface of Apache::Session. Session data is stored in a Oracle database. SCHEMA
To use this module, you will need at least these columns in a table called 'sessions': id varchar2(32) # or however long your session IDs are. a_session long To create this schema, you can execute this command using the sqlplus program: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id varchar2(32) not null primary key, a_session long ); If you use some other command, ensure that there is a unique index on the table's id column. CONFIGURATION
The module must know what datasource, username, and password to use when connecting to the database. These values can be set using the options hash (see Apache::Session documentation). The options are DataSource, UserName, and Password. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:database', UserName => 'database_user', Password => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already-opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh }; The last option is LongReadLen, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not supplied, the default maximum size is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This modules was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> A fix for the commit policy was contributed by Michael Schout <mschout@gkg.net> SEE ALSO
Apache::Session, Apache::Session::Store::DBI perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Store::Oracle(3)