Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting while loop not working in cronjob Post 302607857 by ankush_mehra on Thursday 15th of March 2012 01:31:53 PM
Old 03-15-2012
while loop not working in cronjob

Hi ,
While loop is not working when running script as cronjob.
Code:
#!/usr/bin/bash

xyz
sleep 30
var=0
while [ $var -le 100 ]
do
xyz commands
done

This script is working if I run it manually.

Last edited by ankush_mehra; 03-15-2012 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: Code tags, please.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sftp not working as cronjob

hi, I have a script that will automatically login into a server and get a file. it is working fine if i run it on a command line. however, when i tried to run it as a cron job, it is not working. what should i do? set timeout -1 spawn /usr/bin/sftp user1@server1 match_max 100000 expect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cronjob not working

I created a file in /u01/oradata directory as cronjb.ksh which contains following script 30 12 * * * /export/home/oracle/u01/oradata/rman.ksh '/export/home/oracle' is my root directory. I then moved cronjb.ksh file to my '/export/home/oracle' directory. i typed crontab cronjb.ksh. However my... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manna
8 Replies

3. Solaris

cronjob not working

I am trying to schedule a job via cronjob. Not sure what the problem is. below is my script and the error. 45 10 * * * /u01/app/oracle/jpark/sched_exp_mis.sh Error received. Your "cron" job on tama /u01/app/oracle/jpark/sched_exp_mis.sh produced the following output: ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrx1350
19 Replies

4. Solaris

cronjob not working

Hi All , I have a cron jobs that is not working while put inside cron. But on executing from manually, it works fine, Pl anyone find if there is anything wrong in the script. 30 22 * * 1-5 cd /home/ab90737/introscope/util/bin; ./batchgenerateReport.pl ../config/reps.config >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cronjob not working intermittently

Hi there I have a cronjob running on a sol 10 U6 server which runs every 15 minutes. The cronjob is a perl script. But I have noticed that after every few weeks the job stops running all of a sudden. There are other cronjobs running on the system from the same user and from other users which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinfuldips
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob not working from user's crontab

Hi All, I am trying to execute a python script from a user's crontab. /home/user1/UDE/scripts/UdeManager.py I am at /home/user1. If I run the command "/home/user1UDE/scripts/UdeManager.py" from the users home directory its working fine. But when I try to run from user's cron tab its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cronjob not working

Hi, I am trying to run a script through crontab but it doesn't run. The script sends an email of the logfile created.When I reun through command line it works perfectly but doesn't send any email through cron. There are othe jobs in cron wich runs perfectly. Please let me know if I am doing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob not working as intended

I have a shell script that I have scheduled using cron using a command: 0 10 * * * /directory/Script.sh > /directory/log/output.log The script is scheduled to run at 10 AM everyday. The script executes but produces output files only with headers, no content is there. The script produces... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob is NOT working

Hi; Here is the output from crontab -l: 2,7,12,17,22,27,32,37,42,47,52,57 * * * * /var/tmp/gcsw/jmap_samples/jmap_script.sh > /var/tmp/gcsw/jmap_samples/histo_`date '+%Y%m%d%H%M'`.txtWhen I manually run the line: /var/tmp/gcsw/jmap_samples/jmap_script.sh >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP cronjob not working but manual working

Hi, Can anyone help me on my PHP cron not working, but when i do the manual it work. # manual run working /usr/local/bin/php /root/dev/test.php # crontab not working 55 8 * * * /usr/local/bin/php /root/dev/test.php Thank in advances Regards, FSPalero Please use CODE tags as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
2 Replies
GIT-SH-SETUP(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-SH-SETUP(1)

NAME
git-sh-setup - Common Git shell script setup code SYNOPSIS
. "$(git --exec-path)/git-sh-setup" DESCRIPTION
This is not a command the end user would want to run. Ever. This documentation is meant for people who are studying the Porcelain-ish scripts and/or are writing new ones. The git sh-setup scriptlet is designed to be sourced (using .) by other shell scripts to set up some variables pointing at the normal Git directories and a few helper shell functions. Before sourcing it, your script should set up a few variables; USAGE (and LONG_USAGE, if any) is used to define message given by usage() shell function. SUBDIRECTORY_OK can be set if the script can run from a subdirectory of the working tree (some commands do not). The scriptlet sets GIT_DIR and GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY shell variables, but does not export them to the environment. FUNCTIONS
die exit after emitting the supplied error message to the standard error stream. usage die with the usage message. set_reflog_action Set GIT_REFLOG_ACTION environment to a given string (typically the name of the program) unless it is already set. Whenever the script runs a git command that updates refs, a reflog entry is created using the value of this string to leave the record of what command updated the ref. git_editor runs an editor of user's choice (GIT_EDITOR, core.editor, VISUAL or EDITOR) on a given file, but error out if no editor is specified and the terminal is dumb. is_bare_repository outputs true or false to the standard output stream to indicate if the repository is a bare repository (i.e. without an associated working tree). cd_to_toplevel runs chdir to the toplevel of the working tree. require_work_tree checks if the current directory is within the working tree of the repository, and otherwise dies. require_work_tree_exists checks if the working tree associated with the repository exists, and otherwise dies. Often done before calling cd_to_toplevel, which is impossible to do if there is no working tree. require_clean_work_tree <action> [<hint>] checks that the working tree and index associated with the repository have no uncommitted changes to tracked files. Otherwise it emits an error message of the form Cannot <action>: <reason>. <hint>, and dies. Example: require_clean_work_tree rebase "Please commit or stash them." get_author_ident_from_commit outputs code for use with eval to set the GIT_AUTHOR_NAME, GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL and GIT_AUTHOR_DATE variables for a given commit. create_virtual_base modifies the first file so only lines in common with the second file remain. If there is insufficient common material, then the first file is left empty. The result is suitable as a virtual base input for a 3-way merge. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-SH-SETUP(1)