Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cmd find: exclude directory when using option -depth Post 302607835 by Corona688 on Thursday 15th of March 2012 12:10:13 PM
Old 03-15-2012
You already have not one but two ways that work with -depth and -prune. I have no idea what else you want.

The warning is just a warning. Put the -depth immediately after the . and it will go away.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i exclude the current directory when using find?

i want to compile a list of files in all sub directories but exclude the current directory. the closest i could get was to search 'only' the current directory, which is the opposite of what i wanted. find . ! -name . -prune (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjays
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TAR : option to exclude absolute path

Dear All , :D I have a question ... I need to exclude the absolute path in the TAR process. For example : system("tar cvf /root/BACKUPS_$fecha.tar /root/BKP/"); system("gzip /root/BACKUPS_$fecha.tar"); I need to exclude de path " /root/BKP/ " in the file.tar.gz What is the parameter to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: telco
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exclude top level directory with find?

I'm using bash on cygwin/windows. I'm trying to use find and exclude the directory /cygdrive/c/System\ Volume\ Information. When I try to use the command below I get the error "rm: cannot remove `/cygdrive/c/System Volume Information': Is a directory. Can someone tell me what I am doing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync exclude option

Hi Frdz, i am using rsync to transfer files from source to destination. but i have one criteria like i have to tranfer only links from source to destination. in home/test/po folder i have kiran/test1 -> /home/test/lo/fg kiran/test2 -> /home/test/lo/fg2 like links are available.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

complicated exclude option in find command

Hi all, In a directory, I have many video files. Example : As you can see, some of the video files come with a .aspx file (wich means the video is actually being uploaded and not entirely written on the FS) I try to write a bash script that would find all video files in the ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gniagnia
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude a directory in 'find'

Hi, I'm in the process of writing a shell script which will be ran under cron hourly and will check for files of specific age in my ftp folder, then moves those over inside a folder called "old" (which is within the ftp dir). But, I'm unable to figure out how to exclude the "old" folder when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutex1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SunOS: How to exclude directory in find command?

Hi All, First my OS version is: ksh:0$ uname -a SunOS 5.9 Generic_122300-48 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 I want to exclude the following DIR(./country111) in my search pattern: ksh:0$ find . -name "*.tar" ./country111/COUNTRY_BATCH-801.tar ./country111/COUNTRY_BATCH-802.tar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

[Solved] Using Find with an exclude/exclude file

I am familiar with using tar and exclude/include files: tar zcf backup.dirs.tgz --files-from=include.mydirs --exclude-from=exclude.mydirs --no-recursion but was wondering if I could use find in the same way. I know that you can just specify the directories to exclude but my list is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understand the importance of -depth option in find command.

Hi All, Can you please help me in understanding the importance of -depth of find. I am trying to execute below code.find . -mtime +5 -name "*" -depth -exec ls -l {} \; But it is throwing below error.find: warning: you have specified the -depth option after a non-option argument -mtime,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-To Exclude Directory in find command

How can i tweak the below find command to exclude directory/s -> "/tmp/logs" find . -type f \( ! -name "*.log*" ! -name "*.jar*" \) -printNote: -path option/argument does not work with the version of find that i have. bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26 sun4v sparc sun4v (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
AGGREGATE_METHODS_BY_LIST(3)						 1					      AGGREGATE_METHODS_BY_LIST(3)

aggregate_methods_by_list - Selective dynamic class methods aggregation to an object

SYNOPSIS
void aggregate_methods_by_list (object $object, string $class_name, array $methods_list, [bool $exclude = false]) DESCRIPTION
Aggregates methods from a class to an existing object using a list of method names. The class constructor or methods whose names start with an underscore character (_), which are considered private to the aggregated class, are always excluded. PARAMETERS
o $object - o $class_name - o $methods_list - o $exclude - The optional parameter $exclude is used to decide whether the list contains the names of methods to include in the aggregation (i.e. $exclude is FALSE), or to exclude from the aggregation ($exclude is TRUE). RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. SEE ALSO
aggregate(3), aggregate_info(3), aggregate_methods(3), aggregate_methods_by_regexp(3), aggregate_properties(3), aggregate_proper- ties_by_list(3), aggregate_properties_by_regexp(3), deaggregate(3). PHP Documentation Group AGGREGATE_METHODS_BY_LIST(3)