Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cmd find: exclude directory when using option -depth Post 302607832 by bora99 on Thursday 15th of March 2012 12:00:55 PM
Old 03-15-2012
No Help ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i exclude the current directory when using find?

i want to compile a list of files in all sub directories but exclude the current directory. the closest i could get was to search 'only' the current directory, which is the opposite of what i wanted. find . ! -name . -prune (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjays
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TAR : option to exclude absolute path

Dear All , :D I have a question ... I need to exclude the absolute path in the TAR process. For example : system("tar cvf /root/BACKUPS_$fecha.tar /root/BKP/"); system("gzip /root/BACKUPS_$fecha.tar"); I need to exclude de path " /root/BKP/ " in the file.tar.gz What is the parameter to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: telco
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exclude top level directory with find?

I'm using bash on cygwin/windows. I'm trying to use find and exclude the directory /cygdrive/c/System\ Volume\ Information. When I try to use the command below I get the error "rm: cannot remove `/cygdrive/c/System Volume Information': Is a directory. Can someone tell me what I am doing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync exclude option

Hi Frdz, i am using rsync to transfer files from source to destination. but i have one criteria like i have to tranfer only links from source to destination. in home/test/po folder i have kiran/test1 -> /home/test/lo/fg kiran/test2 -> /home/test/lo/fg2 like links are available.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

complicated exclude option in find command

Hi all, In a directory, I have many video files. Example : As you can see, some of the video files come with a .aspx file (wich means the video is actually being uploaded and not entirely written on the FS) I try to write a bash script that would find all video files in the ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gniagnia
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude a directory in 'find'

Hi, I'm in the process of writing a shell script which will be ran under cron hourly and will check for files of specific age in my ftp folder, then moves those over inside a folder called "old" (which is within the ftp dir). But, I'm unable to figure out how to exclude the "old" folder when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutex1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SunOS: How to exclude directory in find command?

Hi All, First my OS version is: ksh:0$ uname -a SunOS 5.9 Generic_122300-48 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 I want to exclude the following DIR(./country111) in my search pattern: ksh:0$ find . -name "*.tar" ./country111/COUNTRY_BATCH-801.tar ./country111/COUNTRY_BATCH-802.tar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

[Solved] Using Find with an exclude/exclude file

I am familiar with using tar and exclude/include files: tar zcf backup.dirs.tgz --files-from=include.mydirs --exclude-from=exclude.mydirs --no-recursion but was wondering if I could use find in the same way. I know that you can just specify the directories to exclude but my list is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understand the importance of -depth option in find command.

Hi All, Can you please help me in understanding the importance of -depth of find. I am trying to execute below code.find . -mtime +5 -name "*" -depth -exec ls -l {} \; But it is throwing below error.find: warning: you have specified the -depth option after a non-option argument -mtime,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-To Exclude Directory in find command

How can i tweak the below find command to exclude directory/s -> "/tmp/logs" find . -type f \( ! -name "*.log*" ! -name "*.jar*" \) -printNote: -path option/argument does not work with the version of find that i have. bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26 sun4v sparc sun4v (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
GIT-LS-FILES(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-LS-FILES(1)

NAME
git-ls-files - Show information about files in the index and the working tree SYNOPSIS
git ls-files [-z] [-t] [-v] (--[cached|deleted|others|ignored|stage|unmerged|killed|modified])* (-[c|d|o|i|s|u|k|m])* [-x <pattern>|--exclude=<pattern>] [-X <file>|--exclude-from=<file>] [--exclude-per-directory=<file>] [--exclude-standard] [--error-unmatch] [--with-tree=<tree-ish>] [--full-name] [--abbrev] [--] [<file>...] DESCRIPTION
This merges the file listing in the directory cache index with the actual working directory list, and shows different combinations of the two. One or more of the options below may be used to determine the files shown: OPTIONS
-c, --cached Show cached files in the output (default) -d, --deleted Show deleted files in the output -m, --modified Show modified files in the output -o, --others Show other (i.e. untracked) files in the output -i, --ignored Show only ignored files in the output. When showing files in the index, print only those matched by an exclude pattern. When showing "other" files, show only those matched by an exclude pattern. -s, --stage Show staged contents' object name, mode bits and stage number in the output. --directory If a whole directory is classified as "other", show just its name (with a trailing slash) and not its whole contents. --no-empty-directory Do not list empty directories. Has no effect without --directory. -u, --unmerged Show unmerged files in the output (forces --stage) -k, --killed Show files on the filesystem that need to be removed due to file/directory conflicts for checkout-index to succeed. -z line termination on output. -x <pattern>, --exclude=<pattern> Skip untracked files matching pattern. Note that pattern is a shell wildcard pattern. See EXCLUDE PATTERNS below for more information. -X <file>, --exclude-from=<file> Read exclude patterns from <file>; 1 per line. --exclude-per-directory=<file> Read additional exclude patterns that apply only to the directory and its subdirectories in <file>. --exclude-standard Add the standard Git exclusions: .git/info/exclude, .gitignore in each directory, and the user's global exclusion file. --error-unmatch If any <file> does not appear in the index, treat this as an error (return 1). --with-tree=<tree-ish> When using --error-unmatch to expand the user supplied <file> (i.e. path pattern) arguments to paths, pretend that paths which were removed in the index since the named <tree-ish> are still present. Using this option with -s or -u options does not make any sense. -t This feature is semi-deprecated. For scripting purpose, git-status(1) --porcelain and git-diff-files(1) --name-status are almost always superior alternatives, and users should look at git-status(1) --short or git-diff(1) --name-status for more user-friendly alternatives. This option identifies the file status with the following tags (followed by a space) at the start of each line: H cached S skip-worktree M unmerged R removed/deleted C modified/changed K to be killed ? other -v Similar to -t, but use lowercase letters for files that are marked as assume unchanged (see git-update-index(1)). --full-name When run from a subdirectory, the command usually outputs paths relative to the current directory. This option forces paths to be output relative to the project top directory. --abbrev[=<n>] Instead of showing the full 40-byte hexadecimal object lines, show only a partial prefix. Non default number of digits can be specified with --abbrev=<n>. --debug After each line that describes a file, add more data about its cache entry. This is intended to show as much information as possible for manual inspection; the exact format may change at any time. -- Do not interpret any more arguments as options. <file> Files to show. If no files are given all files which match the other specified criteria are shown. OUTPUT
git ls-files just outputs the filenames unless --stage is specified in which case it outputs: [<tag> ]<mode> <object> <stage> <file> git ls-files --unmerged and git ls-files --stage can be used to examine detailed information on unmerged paths. For an unmerged path, instead of recording a single mode/SHA-1 pair, the index records up to three such pairs; one from tree O in stage 1, A in stage 2, and B in stage 3. This information can be used by the user (or the porcelain) to see what should eventually be recorded at the path. (see git-read-tree(1) for more information on state) When -z option is not used, TAB, LF, and backslash characters in pathnames are represented as , , and \, respectively. EXCLUDE PATTERNS
git ls-files can use a list of "exclude patterns" when traversing the directory tree and finding files to show when the flags --others or --ignored are specified. gitignore(5) specifies the format of exclude patterns. These exclude patterns come from these places, in order: 1. The command line flag --exclude=<pattern> specifies a single pattern. Patterns are ordered in the same order they appear in the command line. 2. The command line flag --exclude-from=<file> specifies a file containing a list of patterns. Patterns are ordered in the same order they appear in the file. 3. The command line flag --exclude-per-directory=<name> specifies a name of the file in each directory git ls-files examines, normally .gitignore. Files in deeper directories take precedence. Patterns are ordered in the same order they appear in the files. A pattern specified on the command line with --exclude or read from the file specified with --exclude-from is relative to the top of the directory tree. A pattern read from a file specified by --exclude-per-directory is relative to the directory that the pattern file appears in. SEE ALSO
git-read-tree(1), gitignore(5) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-LS-FILES(1)