Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat how to install Openssh in linux machine Post 302607746 by Scott on Thursday 15th of March 2012 08:55:51 AM
Old 03-15-2012
Those are dependencies and would be installed anyway Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

openssh for linux

Hi all, I have Red Hat Linux release 7.0 (Guinness)Kernel 2.2.16-22 on an i686 and wish to know how to upgrade my openSSH (up to which version) which is an old version 2.4. thks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bert.n
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to install OpenSSh in tru64 4.0F??

I had been searching and i guess ssh is not available for 4.0F, the option is to install OpenSSh, but i don't know hw to do it!! :confused: Would someone pls send me some instrctions about the insalation and where can i download the OpenSSH??? Tks a lot!!! :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irasela
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Install & configure Openssh In Solaris 8

I hope someone out there can help. I'm trying to install & configure Openssh to my Solaris, I downloaded & Installed the following pkgs : openssh-4.4p1-sol8-sparc-local.gz openssl-0.9.8d-sol8-sparc-local.gz tcp_wrappers-7.6-sol8-sparc-local.gz zlib-1.2.1-sol8-sparc-local.gz... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

OpenSSH install

I'm trying to install OpenSSH on HP-UX 11.11, so, first of all, I was going to install OpenSSL, but I get an error message during "make test"... 23324:error:24064064:random number generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not seeded:md_rand.c:503:You need to read the OpenSSL FAQ,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
8 Replies

5. AIX

how to install openSSH in AIX 5.3?

Guys I need to install openSSH on AIX 5.3? First problem is : i am unable to find openSSH 3.8.1 freeware on the net ?pls pass on any links if you have. Second problem is : installation.Although i know how to install rpm packages,installing SSH is bit diffrent.But that second issue. Can... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::OpenSSH not working on Unix machine.

So, I installed the Net::OpenSSH module and I am having trouble getting it to work. It appears to be failing on this code: my $ssh = Net::OpenSSH->new('user:passwd@host.com'); $ssh->error and die "Couldn't establish SSH connection: ". $ssh->error; It's pretty simple code. I keep... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

9. AIX

Troubleshooting OpenSSH 6.2 Install on AIX 7.1

*SOLVED. please see edit at bottom* Hello, I have a freshly installed AIX 7.1 that I would like to enable SSH on. I believe I need OpenSSH and OpenSSL to do this. OpenSSL was already installed, so I moved onto installing OpenSSH. I downloaded OpenSSH 6.2 from this site that claims support... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
0 Replies

10. AIX

Openssh install failed on AIX 6.1

im new to aix... my task is suppose to be simple. install openssh i followed this article: Installing OpenSSH and OpenSSL on AIX 6.1 | Keymon's snippets and brushstrokes when i try to start the sshd service with the command: "startsrc -s sshd" im getting an error saying: "the sshd subsystem... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
6 Replies
MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)														  MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)

NAME
mk-build-deps - build a package satisfying a package's build-dependencies SYNOPSIS
mk-build-deps --help|--version mk-build-deps [options] control file | package name ... DESCRIPTION
Given a package name and/or control file, mk-build-deps will use equivs to generate a binary package which may be installed to satisfy all the build dependencies of the given package. If --build-dep and/or --build-indep are given, then the resulting binary package(s) will depend solely on the Build-Depends/Build-Depends-Indep dependencies, respectively. OPTIONS
-i, --install Install the generated packages and its build-dependencies. -t, --tool When installing the generated package use the specified tool. (default: apt-get --no-install-recommends) -r, --remove Remove the package file after installing it. Ignored if used without the --install switch. -a foo, --arch foo If the source package has architecture-specific build dependencies, produce a package for architecture foo, not for the system architecture. (If the source package does not have architecture-specific build dependencies, the package produced is always for the pseudo-architecture all.) -B, --build-dep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends dependencies. -A, --build-indep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends-Indep dependencies. -h, --help Show a summary of options. -v, --version Show version and copyright information. -s, --root-cmd Use the specified tool to gain root privileges before installing. Ignored if used without the --install switch. AUTHOR
mk-build-deps is copyright by Vincent Fourmond and was modified for the devscripts package by Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You are free to redistribute this code under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)