Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting /usr/local/bin/expr function not working Post 302607698 by Franklin52 on Thursday 15th of March 2012 06:04:04 AM
Old 03-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdosanjh
@Franklin52, but i am getting value in cutoffdate variable
And what should be the result if you subtract 3 from a date like 20120101?

Code:
20120101 - 3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

/usr/bin/cut not working with largefiles on Solaris 10

I have a person running a perl script that is parsing > 2G log files and pipes to cut -d " " -f 1,6,7,8... The script itself is in a nfs mounted home directory. It runs fine when started from a solaris 8 box but fails after about 400 lines when started from the solaris 10 box. The solaris... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wottie
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

#/usr/bin/csh -f not working as expected?

Hey everyone, A coworker of mine has written a csh script that starts with #!/usr/bin/csh -f. It's my understanding that the -f should skip the .cshrc and .login files, but here's the problem: In the script "line" is used, and I happen to have a "line" in my ~/bin. When the script is ran my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: effigy
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Questions about /usr/local/bin & scripts.

Hi gentlemen. For what intended is the directory /usr/local/bin? In this directory are some script. I don't understand how these scripts being in this directory are started. Each time after registration of the user occurs start of these scripts. These scripts start applications. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
7 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

5. AIX

/usr/local/bin/cvs: Not found

I can able to access /usr/local/bin/cvs in the terminal (AIX 6.1 Box). but i am getting the "/usr/local/bin/cvs: Not found " when i call it from the script. please some one assist me what maybe problem (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hifirockz
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

/usr/bin/time Shell Scripting Function

Hello, I have made a Linux Shell Script that downloads 6 files from the Internet and then deletes them. Now i want to use the function "/usr/bin/time" and "bc" to calculate how long the avergate run time for the shell script is. I therefore need to do it 100 times. My shell script code is below: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solo2
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Possible to use /usr/bin/watch to call a function?

I want to have a script both define functions and have the ability to run an external program calling one of them. This is the simplified construct: #!/bin/bash foo() { echo "this is foo" } bar() { echo "this is bar" } case "$1" in one) foo ;; two) export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: graysky
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to link sed from /usr/bin/sed to /usr/local/bin/sed?

Hi Guys, OS:- Solaris 10 64Bit I have a small query. On one server a user is facing sed command issue. He gets error regarding sed for this location /users/hoy/2999/batch5/bin/internal.sh: /usr/local/bin/sed: not found How ever the sed is actually present at this location on server:-... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested if not working with /usr/xpg4/bin/awk

Hi, I am trying to do if inside the If in /usr/xpg4/bin/awk. But I am getting below error : /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -v a="${THREADIDARR }" 'BEGIN {FS="|"; n=split(a,b," "); for(i=1; i<=n; i++) c]=1;} length($3) == 0{ftag == 1{{print}}; length($3) != 0{$3 in c{ftag=1;print;} !$3 in c{ftag=0;}}'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nes
4 Replies

10. BSD

FreeBSD: /usr/bin/ld not looking in /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior for the ld command, but it does not seem to be looking in /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. I was trying to compile the latest version of Kanatest from svn. The autorgen.sh script seems to exit without too much trouble: $ ./autogen.sh checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)