Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh: how to extract strings from each line based on a condition Post 302607588 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 14th of March 2012 09:52:28 PM
Old 03-14-2012
Code:
tr -s ":\"" "  " < infile | awk '
   $5 == "Nameline" { printf "%s,%s:%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,   ,    ,   \"\n", $1, $2, $3, $5, $6, $12, $9 }
   $5 == "Subline"  { printf "%s,%s:%s,%s,%s,   ,   ,%s,   ,   \"\n" , $1, $2, $3, $5, $6, $8 }
   $5 == "Markline" { printf "%s,%s:%s,%s,%s,   ,   ,   ,%s,%s\"\n" , $1, $2, $3, $5, $6, $8, $10 }
' > outfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract multiple strings from a line

Hi I have the following requirement. i have the following line from a log file one : two : Three : four : five : six : seven : eight :nine :ten Now can you pls help what i should do to get only the following output from the above line two : five : six : seven : Eight appreciate your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_eme
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract xml tag based on condition

Hi All, I have a large xml file of invoices. The file looks like below: <INVOICES> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME> <INVOICE_NO>1234</INVOICE_NO> </INVOICE> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME> <INVOICE_NO>2345</INVOICE_NO> </INVOICE> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Line and Column from CSV Line in ksh or bash format

Hi, I was doing some research and can't seem to find anything. I'm trying to automate a process by creating a script to read a csv line and column and assigning that value to a variable for the script to process it. Also if you could tell me the line and column if it's on another work ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh : Building an array based on condition result

I want to build an Errorlog. I would like to build an array as I move through the if statements and print the array once all error conditions have been defined. The results need to be comma delimited. tsver will be static "1.9.6(2)" other vars $prit $lt $rt can have the same or a different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi line extraction based on condition

Hi I have some data in a file as below ****************************** Class 1A Students absent are : 1. ABC 2. CDE 3. CPE ****************************** Class 2A Students absent are : ****************************** Class 3A Students absent are : (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract strings based on the value

I have a file with multiple columns (in this case, the file has 3 columns): NM_001006304 (-33.7) XM_418228 (-38.4) JN880447 (-33.7) CR387600 (-33.7) CR524203 (-36.3) GALGA_6AKII_KRT75 (-33.7) GALGA25_SC7 (-31.9) CR352795 (-36.3) NM_204172 (-31.7) NM_204137 (-31.9) NM_001030561 (-36.3) AB011672... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuejian
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines based on line number and specified condition

Hi, I have a file like below. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9I would like to print or copied to a file based of line count in perl If I gave a condition 1 to 3 then it should iterate over above file and print 1 to 3 and then again 1 to 3 etc. output should be 1,2,3 4,5,6 7,8,9 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract batch based on condition

HI, I have a file as mentioned below. Here one batch is for one user id.Batch starts from |T row and ends at .T row. I want to create a new file by reading this file. The condition is for record 10(position 1-2), if position 3 to position 17 is 0 then delete the entire batch and write into the new... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi.mit32
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple strings from line

Hello I have an output that has a string between quotes and another between square brackets on the same line. I need to extract these 2 strings Example line Device "nrst3a" attributes=(0x4) RAW SERIAL_NUMBER=SNL2 Output should look like nrst3a VD073AV1443BVW00083 I was trying with sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line based on condition in awk

In the following tab-delimited input, I am checking $7 for the keyword intronic. If that keyword is found then $2 is split by the . in each line and if the string after the digits or the +/- is >10, then that line is deleted. This will always be the case for intronic. If $7 is exonic then nothing... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies
SDL_JoystickOpen(3)						 SDL API Reference					       SDL_JoystickOpen(3)

NAME
SDL_JoystickOpen - Opens a joystick for use. SYNOPSIS
#include "SDL.h" SDL_Joystick *SDL_JoystickOpen(int index); DESCRIPTION
Opens a joystick for use within SDL. The index refers to the N'th joystick in the system. A joystick must be opened before it game be used. RETURN VALUE
Returns a SDL_Joystick structure on success. NULL on failure. EXAMPLES
SDL_Joystick *joy; // Check for joystick if(SDL_NumJoysticks()>0){ // Open joystick joy=SDL_JoystickOpen(0); if(joy) { printf("Opened Joystick 0 "); printf("Name: %s ", SDL_JoystickName(0)); printf("Number of Axes: %d ", SDL_JoystickNumAxes(joy)); printf("Number of Buttons: %d ", SDL_JoystickNumButtons(joy)); printf("Number of Balls: %d ", SDL_JoystickNumBalls(joy)); } else printf("Couldn't open Joystick 0 "); // Close if opened if(SDL_JoystickOpened(0)) SDL_JoystickClose(joy); } SEE ALSO
SDL_JoystickClose SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 23:00 SDL_JoystickOpen(3)