Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming cmake and boost library installation problem Post 302607575 by peter_071 on Wednesday 14th of March 2012 08:26:02 PM
Old 03-14-2012
thanks... yum install boost-devel worked.

I am now running into more problems. The library called "Liblas", which I am trying to install can be found at :

liblas.org/compilation.html#using-unix-makefiles-on-linux

(I left out the http in the above address , since I cant post websites as I'm new to this forum).

I am following the steps on this web site. So after running :
$ yum install boost-devel

I ran on terminal :
$ cmake -G "Unix Makefiles"

This work fined. next I ran on :
$ make

Then I went on to :
$ make install

At $ make install , it builds 100% but I am getting an error as follows:

-- Install configuration: "Release"
CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:36 (FILE):
file cannot create directory: /usr/local/share/liblas/doc. Maybe need
administrative privileges.

make: *** [install] Error 1

--- can you suggest what I should do?
peter

---------- Post updated at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:17 PM ----------

I think I figure out what to do as follows:
$ sudo make install

Now I am trying to read a file called "lasinfo" as:
$ lasinfo ../test/data/TO_core_last_clip.las

But I am getting the following error:

lasinfo: error while loading shared libraries: liblas.so.2.2.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

---- again, your help is appreciated

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

boost thread not accessible to boost::move error

Hi All I am working unders Sun Solaris and I am not "/opt/boost/boost/thread/detail/thread.hpp", line 344: Error: boost::thread::thread(boost::thread&) is not accessible from boost::move(boost::detail::thread_move_t<boost::thread>). Do you know if there are other solutions other than... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
2 Replies

2. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

3. Solaris

cmake installation problem

hi guys.. i installed cmake in solaris 5.10..... x86 i checked pkginfo | grep -i cmake ... it installed but when excuted cmake it showing following error in output bash-3.00# cmake ld.so.1: cmake: fatal: liblzma.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory help me anyone before... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
3 Replies

4. Programming

Boost.Test and CMake

Hi, I just started using CMake and the Boost Libraries. In this progress I encountered some problems. One of these problems is combining Boost unit tests with cmake. I don't know how to set the whole project up. I tried to set up a simple test project. This contains a main.cpp a comp.cpp and the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElCoyote
0 Replies

5. Fedora

How to download latest version of cmake using tar xzf?

...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry burns
3 Replies

6. Programming

Boost library path for cmake & make

I was compiling a downloaded open source pkg. Following the install instruction, I did $ mkdir build; cd build; cmake ../; make but got error message:make: *** No rule to make target 'usr/lib64/lib64/libboost_graph-mt.so.5'. needed by ../bin.gam-create. stop make: *** Error 2 make: *** Error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problem to download cmake extra modules v 1.7

Hello. I am currently trying to compile kde-baseapps. I issue this command: which returns So I need this ECM stuff. I found this: extra-cmake-modules.git - Extra modules and scripts for CMake.. When I click in the corresponding link in the column, I receive this: This also happens... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colt
2 Replies
DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)						     Debhelper							DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)

NAME
dh_auto_install - automatically runs make install or similar SYNOPSIS
dh_auto_install [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_auto_install is a debhelper program that tries to automatically install built files. It does so by running the appropriate command for the build system it detects the package uses. For example, if there's a Makefile and it contains a install target, then this is done by running make (or MAKE, if the environment variable is set). If there is a setup.py or Build.PL, it is used. Note that the Ant build system does not support installation, so dh_auto_install will not install files built using Ant. Unless --destdir option is specified, the files are installed into debian/package/ if there is only one binary package. In the multiple binary package case, the files are instead installed into debian/tmp/, and should be moved from there to the appropriate package build directory using dh_install(1). DESTDIR is used to tell make where to install the files. If the Makefile was generated by MakeMaker from a Makefile.PL, it will automatically set PREFIX=/usr too, since such Makefiles need that. This is intended to work for about 90% of packages. If it doesn't work, or tries to use the wrong install target, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_install at all, and just run make install manually. OPTIONS
See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options. --destdir=directory Install files into the specified directory. If this option is not specified, destination directory is determined automatically as described in the "DESCRIPTION" section. -- params Pass params to the program that is run, after the parameters that dh_auto_install usually passes. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)