Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with touch and timestamps Post 302607468 by Corona688 on Wednesday 14th of March 2012 01:21:50 PM
Old 03-14-2012
Code:
for FILE in dir/*
do
        touch "$FILE"
        sleep 5
done

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix timestamps

Can someone help me with a Unix or perl script to convert the unix timestamps to human readable format? Any help will be highly appreciated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamsasal
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Difference between two timestamps

I'm writting a script to find the difference between two timestamp. One field i get on delivery time of the file like 07:17 AM and other is my SLA time 06:30 AM I need to find the difference between these two time (time exceeded to meet SLA). Need some suggestions. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raman1605
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

merging multiple timestamps into one

Here is a problem that involves looping: - I have multiple files with same name but different timestamps: e.g test20080226144525.txt, test20080227144525.txt (can be more than two files). - I want to take the collection of these files (e.g test*) and append all its contents... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

timestamps

Hello! I have the following problem. I read a file using perl, each line of this file has the fllowing format. 14/4/2008 8:42:03 πμ|10800|306973223399|4917622951117|1||1259|1|126|492|433||19774859454$ Th first field is the timestamp and the second field is the offset in seconds. How can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic on timestamps

Hi Friends, please advise on shell script to add two time stamps for example : a=12:32 b=12:00 c=a+b=00:32 please help me to find shell script to add to two time stamps, as i need to convert time from EST to GMT or SST to prepare status of jobs in unix and to specify estimated time to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Touch all files and subdirectories (recursive touch)

I have a folder with many subdirectories and i need to set the modified date to today for everything in it. Please help, thanks! I tried something i found online, find . -print0 | xargs -r0 touch but I got the error: xargs: illegal option -- r (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Timestamps

Hi! Long time reader first time registered user and poster. I've picked up some times and tricks and I'm at a dead end... I've parsed a log file for duplicates and printed only the two fields I need (duplicate entry and time stamp). My question is, with this output, how would I script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rexpokinghorn
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 timestamps

Hi, i have current timestamp, lets say "12:02:45" in an variable (var1) and another timestamp "08:30:00" fetched from table in another variable2 (var2). How do i compare 2 timestamps in unix shell scripting. if var 1 > var 2 then echo message. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasannarajesh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two timestamps

Hi all!!, I'm using Ksh and working on Linux. I want to compare two timestamps, timestamp1 and timestamp2. Until, timestamp1 is lesser than timestamp2, i want to do something, lets say print something. The code i have written is: a=`date +%H:%M:%S` b=`date +%H:%M:%S -d" 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jayaraman
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write with a look for timestamps

hello i'm using SOX to generate a spectrogram from a wave file with the command : #sox file.wav -n spectrogram is there a way to create a spectrogram using the same command but reading file timestamps instead of the namefile.wav , since name is changing every 4 hours? (it's saved with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
2 Replies
APPLE_DUMP(1)							   Netatalk 2.2 						     APPLE_DUMP(1)

NAME
apple_dump - Dump AppleSingle/AppleDouble format file SYNOPSIS
apple_dump [-a] FILE | DIR apple_dump -f FILE apple_dump -d FILE apple_dump -h | -help | --help apple_dump -v | -version | --version DESCRIPTION
apple_dump dump AppleSingle/AppleDouble format file. OPTIONS
-a FILE|DIR This is default. Dump a AppleSingle/AppleDouble file for FILE or DIR automatically. Extrapolate FinderInfo type from absolute path. If FILE is not AppleSingle/AppleDouble format, look for .AppleDouble/FILE and ._FILE. If DIR, look for DIR/.AppleDouble/.Parent and ._DIR. -f FILE Dump FILE. Assume FinderInfo to be FileInfo. -d FILE Dump FILE. Assume FinderInfo to be DirInfo. -h, -help, --help Display the help and exit -v, -version, --version Show version and exit NOTE
There is no way to detect whether FinderInfo is FileInfo or DirInfo. By default, apple_dump examins whether file or directory, a parent directory is .AppleDouble, filename is ._*, filename is .Parent, and so on. If setting option -f or -d, assume FinderInfo and doesn't look for another file. SEE ALSO
ad(1) Netatalk 2.2 02 Sep 2011 APPLE_DUMP(1)