Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Online log monitoring script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Online log monitoring script Post 302607337 by codemaniac on Wednesday 14th of March 2012 07:17:36 AM
Old 03-14-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hishanms
#!/bin/bash

tail /oracle/app/admin/ABC/bdump/alert_ABC.log >> tempoutput&

Error=`egrep 'error|warn|critical|fail|ORA-1683' tempoutput`

echo "$Error" |mailx -s "ABC Error " ABCD@domain.lk

cat /dev/null > tempoutput

I wrote this script and put in to cronjob every 5 min.
so every 5 min i got the empty e-mail. That's not i wont.
i wont to if getting those "error|warn|critical|fail|ORA-1683" things , genarate the mail.( Execute this "mailx -s "ABC Error " ABCD@domain.lk" )

any one can help me...
Thanks.
Try to fire mailx only when $Error is not null

Code:
if [[ -z $Error ]]
echo "$Error" |mailx -s "ABC Error" ABCD@domain.lk 
fi

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Online log

Hi, I have this situation: There is an online.log to which one app is continuously writing. This app is 24*7. This log will fill up our File system pretty quickly. Such that I need to take backups of that file for safekeeping without stopping the App. These backups I can move to another... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed - log file monitoring script

hi Gurus, Need to pick your brains on this minor script project. I would like to continuously monitor a log file with sample log messages as below, and if PSOldGen percentage is either 99% or 100% for consecutively 10 times, alert someone. {Heap before gc invocations=46516: PSYoungGen ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenchen722
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log folder size monitoring script

Hi All, Can anyone refer to me a readymade script for the purpose of log folder size monitoring script. Example : I have a log folder of size 10 G, and as the logs keep accumulating the folder gets full and i have to manually zip/remove the files in order to keep the server running. Something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: findjai
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring script for a log file

Hi, I need to get a script working to monitor a log file and throw an alert via mailx as soon as a particular error is encountered. I do not want repeatative email notifications of same error so simply cat logfile and grepping the error would not work. Here is what i planned but it seems... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshan.171188
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Monitoring script for Log file

Hi, Iam new to unix , plz help me to write below script. I need to write a script for Monitoring log file when any error occurs it has to send a mail to specified users and it should be always pick latest error not the existing one and the script should be able to send mail all errors (more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vij05
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script for continuously monitoring log file

Hi I have written below log monitoring script to egrep multiple words and redirect the output to a text file and its working fine but I want to add some more below given functionality to it, which is very advance and im not very good in it, so please help if you can :) I am egrepping all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scazed
1 Replies
Glib::Error(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Glib::Error(3pm)

NAME
Glib::Error - Exception Objects based on GError SYNOPSIS
eval { my $pixbuf = Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf->new_from_file ($filename); $image->set_from_pixbuf ($pixbuf); }; if ($@) { print "$@ "; if (Glib::Error::matches ($@, 'Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf::Error', 'unknown-format')) { change_format_and_try_again (); } elsif (Glib::Error::matches ($@, 'Glib::File::Error', 'noent')) { change_source_dir_and_try_again (); } else { # don't know how to handle this die $@; } } DESCRIPTION
Gtk2-Perl translates GLib's GError runtime errors into Perl exceptions, by creating exception objects based on Glib::Error. Glib::Error overloads the stringification operator, so a Glib::Error object will act like a string if used with print() or warn(), so most code using $@ will not even know the difference. The point of having exception objects, however, is that the error messages in GErrors are often localized with NLS translation. Thus, it's not good for your code to attempt to handle errors by string matching on the the error message. Glib::Error provides a way to get to the deterministic error code. You will typically deal with objects that inherit from Glib::Error, such as Glib::Convert::Error, Glib::File::Error, Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf::Error, etc; these classes are provided by the libraries that define the error domains. However, it is possible to get a base Glib::Error when the bindings encounter an unknown or unbound error domain. The interface used here degrades nicely in such a situation, but in general you should submit a bug report to the binding maintainer if you get such an exception. METHODS
scalar = Glib::Error::new ($class, $code, $message) scalar = $class->new ($code, $message) o $code (Glib::Enum) an enumeration value, depends on $class o $message (string) Create a new exception object of type $class, where $class is associated with a GError domain. $code should be a value from the enumeration type associated with this error domain. $message can be anything you like, but should explain what happened from the point of view of a user. integer = $error->code This is the numeric error code. Normally, you'll want to use "value" instead, for readability. string = $error->domain The error domain. You normally do not need this, as the object will be blessed into a corresponding class. string = $error->location The source line and file closest to the emission of the exception, in the same format that you'd get from croak() or die(). If there's non-ascii characters in the filename Perl leaves them as raw bytes, so you may have to put the string through Glib::filename_display_name for a wide-char form. boolean = $error->matches ($domain, $code) o $domain (string) o $code (scalar) Returns true if the exception in $error matches the given $domain and $code. $domain may be a class name or domain quark (that is, the real string used in C). $code may be an integer value or an enum nickname; the enum type depends on the value of $domain. string = $error->message The error message. This may be localized, as it is intended to be shown to a user. Glib::Error::register ($package, $enum_package) o $package (string) class name to register as a Glib::Error. o $enum_package (string) class name of the enum type to use for this domain's error codes. Register a new error domain. Glib::Error will be added @package::ISA for you. enum_package must be a valid Glib::Enum type, either from a C library or registered with "Glib::Type::register_enum". After registering an error domain, you can create or throw exceptions of this type. scalar = Glib::Error::throw ($class, $code, $message) scalar = $class->throw ($code, $message) o $code (Glib::Enum) an enumeration value, depends on $class o $message (string) Throw an exception with a Glib::Error exception object. Equivalent to "croak (Glib::Error::new ($class, $code, $message));". string = $error->value The enumeration value nickname of the integer value in "$error->code", according to this error domain. This will not be available if the error object is a base Glib::Error, because the bindings will have no idea how to get to the correct nickname. SEE ALSO
Glib COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2011 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Glib for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-24 Glib::Error(3pm)