Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to move the entire system to a new larger drive? Post 302607298 by vbe on Wednesday 14th of March 2012 05:45:50 AM
Old 03-14-2012
Well type
Code:
 vgdisplay -v vg00 |more

It will display something like:
Code:
--- Volume groups ---
VG Name                     /dev/vg00
VG Write Access             read/write
VG Status                   available
Max LV                      255
Cur LV                      8
Open LV                     8
Max PV                      16
Cur PV                      2
Act PV                      2
Max PE per PV               2000
VGDA                        4
PE Size (Mbytes)            4
Total PE                    2046
Alloc PE                    1914
Free PE                     132
Total PVG                   0

What I show you in bold is the limiting factor, for it is set at creation time... multiply that value by certainly 4... and you get the max size of our PV (disk)...
No other way out except a re-install... If you have a tape device (DAT) connect it to the station and reboot, it should find the device and configure it.. I never tried make_recovery on disc - not saying it does not work but Im not much of a help here... maybe in depth at your man pages, I will try to look on my side

Cant you have both disks installed in your B180?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to restore an entire system from a tar file?

Hi folks, I have an image backup of an entire file system (Solaris 9 on N240) on a tar file. How can I use this tar file to retore my system? Thanks, omd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omd
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a file whick is consuming larger disk space in file system

Hello, Can anybody please tell me the command to find out the filesystem or a file which is consuming larger disk space sing i want to find out the file and want to compress it please help me out any help would be appreciated (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokeshpashine
6 Replies

3. Solaris

move DVD drive between domains in M5000

Hi, I 've a M5000 system with 2 domains configured on it. How can i move the DVD from one domain to the other ? so that i can access the drive in the second domain. cfgdevice -l does not work on M5000 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search entire system for files containing certain word(s)

I am trying to create a script that will report (email and ftp results) on any file, system wide, that has the word password= in it. (and any variation of password=). Basicaly looking for any plain text passwds. I figured the easiest way would be like this...... for i in `cat find-pw.dat` do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theninja
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move a directory from thumb drive to mac?

I do some scripting during lunch on the macbookpro at work. I have the necessary folders on a thumb drive from my mac at home, and move them with the mv command to the mbpro so I don't have to change the script itself to access the necessary files on the thumb drive, and then change the code again... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
13 Replies

7. Solaris

fsck entire hard drive?

ho do you check filesystem on entire hard disk? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 2.6 - Duplicate Filesystem to a larger slice(same drive)

One of our production systems has a slice called "oldslice" that periodically runs low on space during normal operation. We have minimum requirements for online data retention, and whoever sized this slice didn't give it much wiggle room, so it periodically runs low on space. I'm getting tired of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the.gooch
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to move .csv file from UNIX path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive

Hi Guys, Can any one help me on this. I need help to move .csv/.xls file from unix path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive? Regards, LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
1 Replies
Max(3pm)						  LogReport's Lire Documentation						  Max(3pm)

NAME
Lire::Max - Lire class that implements the max operator SYNOPSIS
use Lire::Max DESCRIPTION
Class that implements the max operator. This operator will find the minimum value appearing in a DLF field among a group of DLF records. METHODS
new( %params ) Creates a new Lire::Max object. SEE ALSO
Lire::ReportSpec(3pm), Lire::ReportOperator(3pm), Lire::Aggregator(3pm), Lire::Aggregate(3pm). AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: Max.pm,v 1.10 2008/03/09 19:27:31 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001, 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This file is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2008-03-09 Max(3pm)