Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cant excute /etc/init/rc*
Operating Systems Linux SuSE cant excute /etc/init/rc* Post 302607197 by ShamikNanoo on Wednesday 14th of March 2012 12:37:30 AM
Old 03-14-2012
Possible disk errors

Might be disk errors.does not look like superblock corrupt. Try fsck repair. Is this system part of a cluster config setup? What is your current run level? Pls provide output off run level and O//s version?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help! can't excute

I can't excute any commands in /usr/bin when I try to excute commands in /usr/bin the error message is displayed " No Such device or address" Can you Help? Thanks in Advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Init 6 & Init 0 problem

Hi Expert, I have encountered some problem with my SUN system. Everytime when i issue command #init 6 OR #init 0 it just logout and prompt for login again instead of rebooting the server when run init 6 and system shutdown when run init 0.. I can only reboot the system using reboot ... Was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

is there any way to excute script every N seconds?

Hello i have script that show me stuff , i need to excute this script every N seconds , is there any way to do it with one liner ? ( mybe perl ) thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excute file then..

I have a text file with only the command: MyTextFile: ls -l in it.. So in my sript im trying.. sh MyTextFile.txt >> MyTextFile.txt Just to overwrite and replace the command with its output. sh MyTextFile.txt 2>1 MyTextFile.txt isnt redirecting either.. :( Im getting the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omgsomuchppl
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to excute an awk file

Hi All, Greetings. I am working with an awk file say "Test.awk". My Input file is say "test" I am executing the awk file using awk -f Test.awk test I am new to awk. I wanted to know how can we execute the above awk command from a ksh file. Please help me on this. Thanks in advance!! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
9 Replies

6. Linux

How to I change init levels after typing init 1

Dear all, I typed in init 1 on my redhat box as root and according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runlevel): 1 Single-User Mode Does not configure network interfaces, start daemons, or allow non-root logins So now I can't connect back to it. How do I change the init back to 3?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem on init 0, execution is the same with init 6

Hi, I am experiencing a weird thing on my SUNFIRE machine with Solaris 9 OS. When I do init 0 to shutdown the machine to go to ok prompt, what it did was shutdown and reboot like an init 6 command do. I did check the corresponding rc scripts that were involved with init 0 and compared with rc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yenthanh
2 Replies

8. Solaris

What is the diffe b/w init s and init S

i did my research in finding the answer but couldn't find right one. Please give your inputs. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranumala
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

init-script failing because of /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

I encountered a problem on one of our database servers. OS: CentOS 5.5 final Kernel: 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2 (OpenVZ kernel) We wrote some DB-Start/Stop-scripts ("/db2/admin/scripts_dba/start_services.ksh" and ".../stop_services.ksh") to start the database instances. (Database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

cannot excute binary file

Hi, I am a new user of Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion). I am trying to compile a program and followed steps as: 1: qmake program_name.pro Not to mention I have installed qt and program compile perfectly without error and create a Makefile. 2: make Again everything worked fine and I got an executable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karun25u
1 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
simpleinit(8), init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek (poe@daimi.aau.dk) AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. Linux 1.2 25 October 1993 CTRLALTDEL(8)