Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Limit: stacksize: Can't remove limit Post 302607181 by jlliagre on Tuesday 13th of March 2012 11:01:23 PM
Old 03-14-2012
There is nothing calling ulimit in that script. You should have a look at the batch_rlogin command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

group limit

hi, i have in my /etc/group an unix group full. i need to add new user in this group. users need to have the same gid and the same name... is it possible ? can i create a concatenation with an other group or something else ? thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farzolito
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

is there anyscript to limit ip..

Hello All. is there anyscript or way to limit hosts/ips for users? freebsd4.4-stable thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: star
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit command

I have installed vnc on my computer but do not want every one to be able to incite a vncserver how can I limit users of the vncserver command to only a specifc group? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macdonto
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory limit

I'm setting up a file server for users. Does anyone know how I can limit each users directory to 500MB? -------------- Runing Solaris 8 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
3 Replies

5. SCO

limit telnet

Hello Every One. :D Can any 1 tell how to configure unix so that only specified IP's can connect to that machine using telnet. :rolleyes: I guess there is also sum stratgy to limit it by time. such as from 9 a.m to 5 p.m. :eek: This is imp 4 me. plz help Thanks Shaikh Naveed Islamabad.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaikh.naveed
5 Replies

6. AIX

Limit logins to 1

Trying to limit 1 login per account... Setup: We have 2 auth logins, one to the AIX (telnet)then into a distribution mgmt software, the users do not have a shell to log into on the AIX itself, so placing a script such as: active=`who | awk '{printf",%s,\n",$1}' | grep ,$LOGNAME, | wc -l` ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pheusion
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to limit output

hello, i'm trying to figure out a way to limit the output from an SQL query that is counting the number of occurances of a value in a field and the problem is when i run this query against a huge file with many unique values the output is pretty huge. Is there a way i can specifically LIMIT the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove a file in shell script if its size exceeds limit?

How can i remove a file using shell script when its size exceeds 10MB. Given that file is located in different location to the shell script where it is running? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
4 Replies

9. Solaris

ARG_MAX Limit

Hi, I can able to view the limit of ARG_MAX ENV variable using the command: getconf ARG_MAX can we modify the value of ARG_MAX somewhere or is that common value depending upon the version of kernel ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penqueen
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maxuproc and limit

// AIX 6.1 & Power 7 server I have maxuproc set to 16384. lsattr -El sys0 -a maxuproc maxuproc 16384 Maximum number of PROCESSES allowed per user True What is the maximum number of maxuproc we can go for? If I increase maxuproc to the higher number, what would be ramifications? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies
pthread_attr_getstacksize(3)				     Library Functions Manual				      pthread_attr_getstacksize(3)

NAME
pthread_attr_getstacksize - Obtains the value of the stacksize attribute in the specified thread attributes object. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_attr_getstacksize( const pthread_attr_t *attr, size_t *stacksize); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: IEEE Std 1003.1c-1995, POSIX System Application Program Interface PARAMETERS
Thread attributes object whose stacksize attribute is obtained. Receives the value of the stacksize attribute of the thread attributes object specified by the attr argument. DESCRIPTION
This routine obtains the stacksize attribute of the thread attributes object specified in the attr argument. RETURN VALUES
On successful completion, this routine returns a zero (0) and the stacksize value in the location specified in the stacksize argument. If an error condition occurs, this routine returns an integer value indicating the type of error. Possible return values are as follows: Successful completion. The value specified by attr is invalid. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_attr_init(3), pthread_attr_setstacksize(3), pthread_create(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_attr_getstacksize(3)