Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Is it possible to install Solaris softwares on Open Solaris or Open Indiana? Post 302607085 by jlliagre on Tuesday 13th of March 2012 02:05:42 PM
Old 03-13-2012
There is no OpenIndiana release for SPARC.
You need SPARC hardware for this package. Do you know for what Solaris release it was built ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Sun Solaris and Open Solaris?

What is the major difference between Sun Solaris 10 and Open Solaris? I believe both are free now, is that true? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yipster
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 8 to many open port

hi all, My OS is solaris 8 with core system installation only. so far everything works fine. by i do some testing from my xp pc as client to nmap and scan opening port to my solaris. the result as below: Initiating SYN Stealth Scan against 10.10.10.10 at 16:25 Discovered open port 21/tcp on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hezry79
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Open Solaris...............

Hi All, I have installed Open Solaris in a virtual machine.I feel it is something like linux.I am managing solaris servers. How i can use this for the betterment of my servers? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
1 Replies

4. Solaris

open solaris problem

hi i just successfully installed open solaris in my computer but now my mouse and cd drive wont work. i need to plug my mouse over again so that it would work and i dont know how to work my cd-drive need help. im new to the unis system. sorry for my bad english (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rave03
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Open Solaris

Can anyone guide me what are the system requirement for open Solais and from where i will find is DVD or CD. I wanna learn it as system Admin. Do please guide me if some one knows anything about it. Thanks. Hitesh:) (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi2_t
12 Replies

6. Solaris

Open ports in solaris 10

hi guys, may i know the exact steps to open a port in solaris.i have some rough idea - which is adding the port number in /etc/services. but i am not sure the correct conventions, steps or any other steps. kindly advise.thanks guys ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Open port on Solaris 10

Hi All, I am installing Infosphere (ETL tool) on solaris 10. One of the requirement is to open multiple ports for different apps that will be installed. I ran netstat -n | grep 9080 (,etc) but that did not return anything. I have attached the requirement. Can anyone guide me about how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Open .z file on solaris

Hello Admins; Anybody can suggest on how to open ".z" files on solaris. Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
16 Replies

9. Solaris

Open Indiana 151a - Slow SSH Login

Hi, I have the following issue, when I tried to login to an Openindiana remote server through ssh It takes to long to ask me for the password. So i tried -v and I realize that sshd hangs here " debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT received " for at least 2 minutes. Then I can log in and everything is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: piukeman
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Open Solaris Installable

Hi, Can anyone help me with the latest version of open solaris x86 and a link from where I can download it? I am unable to find one online. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
12 Replies
ddi_dma_coff(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					  ddi_dma_coff(9F)

NAME
ddi_dma_coff - convert a DMA cookie to an offset within a DMA handle SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/conf.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_dma_coff(ddi_dma_handle_t handle, ddi_dma_cookie_t *cookiep, off_t *offp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris SPARC DDI (Solaris SPARC DDI). PARAMETERS
handle The handle filled in by a call to ddi_dma_setup(9F). cookiep A pointer to a DMA cookie (see ddi_dma_cookie(9S)) that contains the appropriate address, length and bus type to be used in programming the DMA engine. offp A pointer to an offset to be filled in. DESCRIPTION
ddi_dma_coff() converts the values in DMA cookie pointed to by cookiep to an offset (in bytes) from the beginning of the object that the DMA handle has mapped. ddi_dma_coff() allows a driver to update a DMA cookie with values it reads from its device's DMA engine after a transfer completes and con- vert that value into an offset into the object that is mapped for DMA. RETURN VALUES
ddi_dma_coff() returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully filled in offp. DDI_FAILURE Failed to successfully fill in offp. CONTEXT
ddi_dma_coff() can be called from user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
ddi_dma_setup(9F), ddi_dma_sync(9F), ddi_dma_cookie(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 4 Nov 1991 ddi_dma_coff(9F)