Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Present LUN in Redhat
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Present LUN in Redhat Post 302607070 by mark54g on Tuesday 13th of March 2012 01:21:04 PM
Old 03-13-2012
I would venture to guess you have not presented the LUN. If you are zoned correctly and have presented the LUN to the host (How? FC? ISCSI via CNA?) it would appear on rescan or reboot.

What type of connection do you have?

Have you loaded the qlaxxxx drivers?

run the command:
Code:
lsmod | grep -i qla

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

LUN not ready

hey guys i got this in my logs what does this mean: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbn
1 Replies

2. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to get WWNN of the LUN in HP-UX

Good day! I’m a beginner HP-UX administrator. I have a task to create mulitipassing (I can mistake in this word) to new 3 disks which connected to my server from EVA. It is my first task to work with Secure Path. I have read what command I need to execute, but I don’t know, how to get the WWNN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Delphin911
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Redhat 5 can't see my newly added LUN.

hi all, i have added new LUN to Redhat 5. i have already scanned LUN devices and it is confirmed that Kernel sees the newly added LUN's. i have used /proc/partitions and verified that my disks are there. However, i cannot find my disk using fdisk -l command. I am not sure what did i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gisu0602
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to configure LUN

Hi ALL, what are the steps to detect and configure a new attached lun in RHEL 5.3. rgds, snj. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
2 Replies

6. AIX

Not getting Lun Id

Hi, I am not getiting lun id information on VIO Server. I have used the command fget_config command. just showing # prompt. I would like know wheather any other command is there equiv of fget_config which will display lun id? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

7. Solaris

How can i find the LUN ID's

Dear all, i want to get the LUN ID for some disks in solaris 10 what commands options for the MPXIO and inq i want these utilities only because i don't have solution enabler or powerpath BR, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxim42
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which disk is LUN?

how do I know which hdisk from "lsdev -Cc disk" is my LUN on NetApp after zoning from SAN switch? is it "MPIO other FC SCSI Disk Drive"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malayo
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RedHat eth interfaces not seem to be present

Dear community, I'm in trouble with Red Hat Server 5.8. After rebooting the server, I loose two interfaces used for bond2 (eth4 and eth5). I reboot twice the server but the result is always: # service network restart Shutting down interface bond0: Shutting down... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
1 Replies
RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(8)

NAME
rescan-scsi-bus.sh - rescan the SCSI bus. SYNOPSIS
rescan-scsi-bus.sh [ -l ] [ -w ] [ -c ] [ -r ] [ host... ] DESCRIPTION
rescan-scsi-bus.sh is a program that is used to rescan the SCSI bus using the SCSI add-single-device feature of the Linux SCSI layer. OPTIONS
-l Activates scanning for LUNs 0 .. 7 (default: 0). -L NUM Activates scanning for LUNs 0 .. LUN (default: 0). --luns=LIST Scan only LUNs in LIST. -w Enables scanning for device IDs 0 .. 15 (default: 0 .. 7). --ids=LIST Scan only device IDs in LIST. -i, --issue-lip Issue a FibreChannel LIP reset (default: disabled). -r, --remove Enables removing of devices (default: disabled). --forceremove Remove and readd every device (dangerous). -c Enables scanning of channels 0 1 (default: 0). --channels=LIST Scan only channels in LIST. host, --hosts=LIST If host adapters are given, only these are scanned (default: all). --nooptscan Don't stop looking for LUNs if 0 is not found. --color Use coloured prefixes OLD/NEW/DEL. LIST is a comma separated list of single values and ranges (no spaces allowed), e.g. 0,2-3,8,10-15. AUTHOR
rescan-scsi-bus.sh was written by Kurt Garloff <garloff@suse.de>. COPYRIGHT
This program is free software. You can use it under the terms of the GNU GPL (General Public License) Version 2 (or any later version, at your option). Note, that the GNU GPL implies, that there is NO WARRANTY at all. Full text of the GPL can be found in /usr/share/common- licenses/GPL file. AVAILABILITY
rescan-scsi-bus.sh is available from http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/scsidev/ March 1998 RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(8)