Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Limit: stacksize: Can't remove limit Post 302607014 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 13th of March 2012 10:36:59 AM
Old 03-13-2012
Please post the script, it looks like it calls ulimit.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

group limit

hi, i have in my /etc/group an unix group full. i need to add new user in this group. users need to have the same gid and the same name... is it possible ? can i create a concatenation with an other group or something else ? thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farzolito
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

is there anyscript to limit ip..

Hello All. is there anyscript or way to limit hosts/ips for users? freebsd4.4-stable thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: star
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit command

I have installed vnc on my computer but do not want every one to be able to incite a vncserver how can I limit users of the vncserver command to only a specifc group? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macdonto
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory limit

I'm setting up a file server for users. Does anyone know how I can limit each users directory to 500MB? -------------- Runing Solaris 8 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
3 Replies

5. SCO

limit telnet

Hello Every One. :D Can any 1 tell how to configure unix so that only specified IP's can connect to that machine using telnet. :rolleyes: I guess there is also sum stratgy to limit it by time. such as from 9 a.m to 5 p.m. :eek: This is imp 4 me. plz help Thanks Shaikh Naveed Islamabad.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaikh.naveed
5 Replies

6. AIX

Limit logins to 1

Trying to limit 1 login per account... Setup: We have 2 auth logins, one to the AIX (telnet)then into a distribution mgmt software, the users do not have a shell to log into on the AIX itself, so placing a script such as: active=`who | awk '{printf",%s,\n",$1}' | grep ,$LOGNAME, | wc -l` ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pheusion
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to limit output

hello, i'm trying to figure out a way to limit the output from an SQL query that is counting the number of occurances of a value in a field and the problem is when i run this query against a huge file with many unique values the output is pretty huge. Is there a way i can specifically LIMIT the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove a file in shell script if its size exceeds limit?

How can i remove a file using shell script when its size exceeds 10MB. Given that file is located in different location to the shell script where it is running? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
4 Replies

9. Solaris

ARG_MAX Limit

Hi, I can able to view the limit of ARG_MAX ENV variable using the command: getconf ARG_MAX can we modify the value of ARG_MAX somewhere or is that common value depending upon the version of kernel ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penqueen
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maxuproc and limit

// AIX 6.1 & Power 7 server I have maxuproc set to 16384. lsattr -El sys0 -a maxuproc maxuproc 16384 Maximum number of PROCESSES allowed per user True What is the maximum number of maxuproc we can go for? If I increase maxuproc to the higher number, what would be ramifications? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies
PTHREAD_ATTR(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   PTHREAD_ATTR(3)

NAME
pthread_attr_getstacksize, pthread_attr_setstacksize -- thread attribute operations SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_attr_getstacksize(const pthread_attr_t *restrict attr, size_t *restrict stacksize); int pthread_attr_setstacksize(pthread_attr_t *attr, size_t stacksize); DESCRIPTION
Thread attributes are used to specify parameters to pthread_create(). One attribute object can be used in multiple calls to pthread_create(), with or without modifications between calls. The functions pthread_attr_setstacksize() and pthread_attr_getstacksize(), respectively, set and get the size of the stack that is to be cre- ated for the new thread. The stack size attribute is set within the attr argument, which can subsequently be used as an argument to pthread_create(). RETURN VALUES
If successful, these functions return 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. pthread_attr_getstacksize() returns the stacksize attribute value in stacksize if successful. ERRORS
pthread_attr_getstacksize() will fail if: [EINVAL] Invalid value for attr. pthread_attr_setstacksize() will fail if: [EINVAL] Invalid value for attr. [EINVAL] stacksize is less than PTHREAD_STACK_MIN. [EINVAL] stacksize is not a multiple of the system page size. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3), pthread_attr_init(3), pthread_attr_setstackaddr(3) STANDARDS
pthread_attr_setstacksize(), pthread_attr_getstacksize() conform to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 (``POSIX.1'') BSD
December 31, 2007 BSD