Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Restore a server from a ufsdump Post 302606961 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 13th of March 2012 08:49:01 AM
Old 03-13-2012
Sounds good. Just to be sure I'd now ensure that your boot archive is right for that configuration.

Boot from CD and mount your harddisk root filesystem under /a
then.....
Code:
# bootadm update_archive -v -R /a

The config should now be quite clean.

Last edited by hicksd8; 04-01-2018 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Insert code tags (6 years after posting!!!)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

dd vs. ufsdump / restore

I want to clone a disk, i have not done this yet, i think dd and ufsdump | ufsrestore are the most common two options i see documented on the internet. Which one is better? pro's & kons? Tnx! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ufsdump and restore

I just completed a level 0 ufsdump of the following files:- ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n / ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /usr ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /export/home ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /oracle ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /sapr3 I need to restore ALL the files onto a different machine and continue... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charleywasharo
1 Replies

3. AIX

Must restore data to DR server

Hello, I have posted several threads regarding my voyage of discovery with mksysb's and AIX, but seem to be at a loss now please help me. I need to restore data from a mksysb to a DR server. Problem is the DR server only has 2 disks not 4 and no mirrors. I need to restore AIX 5.2 to the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
7 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Building New server using Ufsdump/ufsrestore

Hi Guys, Marry X-MAX in advance :) I would like to build a new server using ufsdump/ufsrestore. Both the servers are identical hardware and model. I am using Solaris 10 X86 O/S. I am having ufsdump "mydump.rootdump.gz" in a Central NFS server. What I did:- I took backup of root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Building New server using ufsdump/ufsrestore

Hi Guys, Marry X-MAX in advance :) I would like to build a new server using ufsdump/ufsrestore. Both the servers are identical hardware and model. I am using Solaris 10 X86 O/S. I am having ufsdump "mydump.rootdump.gz" in a Central NFS server. What I did:- I took backup of root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
1 Replies

6. Solaris

ufsdump to a remote server

Hello, how can I use ufsdump utility for filesystem backup to a remote directory on a server dedicated for backups ( over network) ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
3 Replies

7. Solaris

identify server type from ufsdump

Hi guys I have a little problem. I need to identify the server type from some ufsdumps. How can i do that? I grepped with: grep Sun messages* but with this command, if there server was never rebooted, i cannot recognize the server type. any other idea? thx in advance Ivan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
5 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Dead server, need to restore few files

Hi, One of my Linux server running Redhat version 3 is dead. I already build the new server but I need to get few of the license files from the old server. Currently, I booted the old server using the CDROM. But when I go to /mnt/sysimage/var, I don't see any of files? I also went to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Server migration - using ufsdump

hi all, i am refreshing my hardware, but i do not want to do a clean installation/reinstallation. I am wondering if i could do - do a ufsdump of the / partition (into a file on a nfs share) - bootup using cdrom in the new machine - mount the boot device/slice, and restore the ufsdump on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
7 Replies
QUOTAON(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						QUOTAON(8)

NAME
quotaon, quotaoff -- turn filesystem quotas on and off SYNOPSIS
quotaon [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... quotaon [-g] [-u] [-v] -a quotaoff [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... quotaoff [-g] [-u] [-v] -a DESCRIPTION
Quotaon announces to the system that disk quotas should be enabled on one or more filesystems. Quotaoff announces to the system that the specified filesystems should have disk quotas turned off. The filesystem must be mounted and it must have the appropriate mount option file located at its root, the .quota.ops.user file for user quota configuration, and the .quota.ops.group file for group quota configuration. Quotaon also expects each filesystem to have the appropriate quota data files located at its root, the .quota.user file for user data, and the .quota.group file for group data. These filenames and their root location cannot be overridden. By default, quotaon will attempt to enable both user and group quotas. By default, quotaoff will disable both user and group quotas. Available options: -a If the -a flag is supplied in place of any filesystem names, quotaon/quotaoff will enable/disable any filesystems with an existing mount option file at its root. The mount option file specifies the types of quotas that are to be configured. -g Only group quotas will be enabled/disabled. The mount option file, .quota.ops.group, must exist at the root of the filesystem. -u Only user quotas will be enabled/disabled. The mount option file, .quota.ops.user, must exist at the root of the filesystem. -v Causes quotaon and quotaoff to print a message for each filesystem where quotas are turned on or off. Specifying both -g and -u is equivalent to the default. Quotas for both users and groups will automatically be turned on at filesystem mount if the appropriate mount option file and binary data file is in place at its root. FILES
Each of the following quota files is located at the root of the mounted filesystem. The mount option files are empty files whose existence indicates that quotas are to be enabled for that filesystem. .quota.user data file containing user quotas .quota.group data file containing group quotas .quota.ops.user mount option file used to enable user quotas .quota.ops.group mount option file used to enable group quotas SEE ALSO
quota(1), quotactl(2), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), repquota(8) HISTORY
The quotaon command appeared in 4.2BSD. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution October 17, 2002 4.2 Berkeley Distribution