Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print the name of files in the directory using Perl Post 302606908 by pludi on Tuesday 13th of March 2012 05:56:10 AM
Old 03-13-2012
A one-liner using only Perl (unlike the others presented so far):
Code:
perl -e 'print join "\n",grep { -f } <*>'

Explanation:
  • <*> is a glob that expands to all entries in the current directory
  • grep is a function that works pretty much like the shell utility. It expects a statement block returning true or false values on the parameters.
  • The -f is a shorthand for testing if a parameter (here it's the anonymous automatic variable $_) is a regular file or not
  • And finally it all gets nicely formatted by join and printed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: print if files present

FOR: Windows NT 4 I want perl to read a directory. there is suposed to be two files in the folder ( file1.ini and file2.ini ) and i want perl to print "Files present" or "Files NOT present" to a text document ( report.txt ) how do i do it.? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print all files of a directory

At the moment I do not know anything UNIX script :rolleyes: but i need to make script that prints the content of the archives (of text) that are deposited in a directory and Later erases these archives, leaving the directory emptiness It would be like repository for print please... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: monica
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove files from a directory using perl

Hi all, I have the following question. Considder that in the directory /code the script remove.pl exists. What i want is to run this script and remove some files that exist in the directory /dir/tmp. I use the below code but it does not work. system("cd /dir/code"); system("rm FileName"); ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl with two files and print

Suppose u have two files one file >hi|23433|sp|he is RAJ<space>>hi|23333|df|He is HUMAN<space>>hi|222|gi|howru|just WOWHEISWONDERFUL >hi|25559|gs|heisANUJ<space>>hi|2232|sp|he is fool SKSIKSIKSLKSSLLS Another file HUMAN so output wil be ...if the list contain HUMAN only take it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the current directory using perl

Hi I have this code to print the current directory using Perl use Cwd qw(abs_path); my $path = abs_path($0); print "$path\n"; But it is displaying my perl source code file along with the directory. like this C:\Perl\duration.pl But I want it only to display this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srijith
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files in directory using perl

Hello All I am implementing my task in Perl and i found an issue. What i want to do is to remove files from the directory which were made 20 days back using Perl script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to print the not updated files in the Directory

Hi All, I have written one program to print the files which are not updated in the specified directory in .Dat file. If I am executing the same command in the command prompt its working fine but if I am executing in shell script it's not working fine. Please correct if any thing wrong in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbc17484
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory containing files,Print names of the files in the directory that are exactly same content.

Given a directory containing say a few thousand files, please output a list of all the names of the files in the directory that are exactly the same, i.e. have the same contents. func(a_directory_name) output -> {“matches”: , ... ]} e.g. func(“/home/my/files”) where the directory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search strings from a file in files in a directory recursively; then print the string with a status

Hi All, I hope somebody would be able to help me. I would need to search a string coming from a file, example file.txt: dog cat goat horse fish For every string, I would need to know if there are any files inside a directory(recursively) that contains the string regardless of case.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print number of lines for files in directory, also print number of unique lines

I have a directory of files, I can show the number of lines in each file and order them from lowest to highest with: wc -l *|sort 15263 Image.txt 16401 reference.txt 40459 richtexteditor.txt How can I also print the number of unique lines in each file? 15263 1401 Image.txt 16401... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
15 Replies
MSSQL_FIELD_TYPE(3)													       MSSQL_FIELD_TYPE(3)

mssql_field_type - Gets the type of a field

SYNOPSIS
string mssql_field_type (resource $result, [int $offset = -1]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the type of field no. $offset in $result. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). o $offset - The field offset, starts at 0. If omitted, the current field is used. RETURN VALUES
The type of the specified field index on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_field_type(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database mssql_connect('MANGOSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php'); // Send a select query to MSSQL $query = mssql_query('SELECT [name] FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Print the field type and length echo ''' . mssql_field_name($query, 0) . '' is a type of ' . strtoupper(mssql_field_type($query, 0)) . '(' . mssql_field_length($query, 0) . ')'; // Free the query result mssql_free_result($query); ?> The above example will output something similar to: SEE ALSO
mssql_field_length(3), mssql_field_name(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FIELD_TYPE(3)