Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Monitor log file for a Error and generate the e-mail. Post 302606870 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 13th of March 2012 03:52:57 AM
Old 03-13-2012

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

monitor log entries and send e-mail

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! I am stuck and worried. My assignment was due a day ago and I was too busy completing other assignments due during the same time. I worry that not completing this assignment... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vin8465
1 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

monitor log entries and send e-mail

I am stuck and worried. My assignment was due a day ago and I was too busy completing other assignments due during the same time. I worry that not completing this assignment will fail me. Need urgent help in completing the script asap. I dont want to sound pushy to get the answer but just wanted to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin8465
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate a mail when you add info to a txt file

Hi, I have an application's log file: /var/log/logfile which is feeded from time to time due to an application. This file contains data, what I want is: -Whenever some new data is copied to /var/log/logfileI want to generate an email to root BUT only with the new added data in the body.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate script perl mail log not work

Dear unix forum members, I'm working on a script that will parse a mail machine's logs and print a list of email addresses in this format: authen@domain.com | sender@domain | recipient@domain exam account1@domain1.com | sender2@domain2.com |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puka
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor dynamic log file for a particular Error

Hi Folks, I need help in creating a script to monitor a continuously updating log for one particular error. If the the script finds the error it should send out an email. Thanks for all ur help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a12ka4
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Script to monitor /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log file

AM in need of some plugin/script that can monitor HP-UX file "/var/opt/resmon/log/event.log" . Have written a scrip in sh shell that is working fine for syslog.log and mail.log as having standard format, have interrogated that to Nagios and is working as I required . But same script failed to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor log file for a Error and generate the e-mail ( Please help)

This is my log file and this is live log. Any abnormal error other than following I need to generate the email. Log path : /DER/app/admin/ABC/bdump/erg.log Current log# 2 seq# 103046 mem# 0: /ora2/oradata/ABC/redo02a.log Current log# 2 seq# 103046 mem# 1:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hishanms
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to monitor new file in a directory and mail the file content

Hi I am looking for a help in designing a bash script on linux which can do below:- 1) Look in a specific directory for any new files 2) Mail the content of the new file Appreciate any help Regards Neha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neha0785
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor file if match then send mail

Hi I want to monitor a file even if the file rotate. When a text occurs I want to send a mail. Something like this but it's not working correctly: tail -F mylog.log | grep 'MatchMe' | while read line do echo $(date +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S") MatchMe occurs | mail -s "MatchMe"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chitech
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor a file and send mail

I want to monitor the maillog file in real time and send a mail when a certain grep condition is met. Every time the grep condition is met a mail will be sent. I wish to ignore all grep conditions 30 mins after each mail and thereafter continue monitoring. For example: Condition is met, mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors [-s min_timestamp] doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors [-s min_timestamp] The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. -s min_timestamp An integer value, representing seconds since the epoch - also known as Unix timestamp. When a min_timestamp was given, doveadm(1) will only show errors occurred since that point in time. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.2 2013-11-24 DOVEADM-LOG(1)