Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vmware workstation
Operating Systems Linux vmware workstation Post 302606825 by engrtahir2007 on Tuesday 13th of March 2012 12:51:34 AM
Old 03-13-2012
1) yum install PackageKit-gtk-module
Package PackageKit-gtk-module-0.6.21-2.fc16.x86_64 already installed and latest version

2) yum install libcanberra
Package libcanberra-0.28-3.fc16.x86_64 already installed and latest version

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VMWare Workstation for home lab

I was wondering if anyone has used VMWare Workstation? I wanted to practice and learn Unix in a networking environment and have my own home lab. However room and money prevent me from buying several computers to do so. Any input would help thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder191
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/Linux Distributions on VMware Workstation 6?

Which distributions are known to have great performance, but also excellent ease of use and compatibility on VMware Workstation 6? I have 2GB of real RAM in my system and Windows Vista Home Premium as a host operating system. I can almost always get away with alotting up to 1GB of RAM for my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrrrrrNiceGuy
1 Replies

3. Solaris

NIS on vmware workstation

Hi Admins, I just have a doubt on NIS that, is it possible to run NIS on vmware workstation running more than 1 solaris instances. i.e. can we setup one solaris instance as master and others as slaves...?? I have vista on my laptop. I am concern about the domain name it will ask while... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10x86 on VMware Workstation

Is it possible to create metadevices and soft partitions using Solaris Volume Manager on Solaris 10 x86 that is running on VMware Workstation. It would a low cost method to practice extending soft partitions and metadevices. If anyone has an experience with this please share. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A share disk for vmware workstation

got vmware workstation 10.1 going.. looking over some recommendation on how to create a share disk between two potential cluster nodes.. on the older version of vmware ws 8.0, there is a option of assigining a disk to a new scsi and turn parallel option on, from what I have read. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
0 Replies
yum-debug-restore(1)													      yum-debug-restore(1)

NAME
yum-debug-restore - replay Yum transactions captured in a debug-dump file SYNOPSIS
yum-debug-restore DESCRIPTION
yum-debug-restore is a program which takes a gzipped file created by yum-debug-dump and acts on the information about installed packages contained within. GENERAL OPTIONS
--output Output the commands that would be run to stdout. --shell=<file> Output the commands that would be run to a file. --install-latest Ask yum to install the latest version of the given packages, instead of the version that was installed in the debug-dump file. --ignore-arch Ignore the architecture of the packages, so you can "restore" an i386 debug-dump on an x86_64 machine. --filter-types=[install,remove,update,downgrade] Only perform the given types of commands, so you can filter to just upgrades and installs. FILES
As yum-debug-restore uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum-debug-dump (1) yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. James Antill 15 December 2011 yum-debug-restore(1)