Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: broken pipe error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers broken pipe error Post 302606794 by methyl on Monday 12th of March 2012 08:11:12 PM
Old 03-12-2012
Though I am amazed that this code works:

Maybe try appending this redirect of STDERR to the command which produces the error:
Code:
2>/dev/null

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

pipe broken

hi i have a server, and i have a web site and i installed apache in the /usr/local/apache/logs i have a file and i have this problem (32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter: writing data to the network plz help me how i can resolve this plz it's urgent th (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abir2
2 Replies

2. AIX

broken pipe error

Hi, I am working on AIX 5.3 . I have client-server program which is in ProC.while sending packet to server i am getting error as broken pipe and program exiting. please help?/? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
1 Replies

3. Programming

Broken Pipe error

All, I am using the below code The C code : if ((fp2=fopen(szout_fname,"r"))==NULL) { sprintf(stream_ptr1,"cat %s | sort -t, -rn -k 11,11 | awk -F\",\" '{ \ if ( \$3 ==\"%s\" ) {print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo: write error: Broken pipe ??

I want to try the unix pipe, the command is like this: echo new | find . the standard output of the echo should be "new", then I guess find command will use this output as input to find the file named "new". But the output is all the file names in my current dir, the last line is "echo: write... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewust
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sftp error:- Couldn't send packet: Broken pipe

Hi, I am trying to sftp a large file(appx. 2 GB size) from solaris 10 to a Linux server. While sftping(with no options), connection is terminated after some time with broken pipe error. sftp with option -R1 or -B1500 is successful. Linux server ssh Version: OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brij123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Broken Pipe error

Hello while doing sftp over server "A" , i am getting a broken pipe error i.e cat: write error: Broken pipe what does that mean? please let me know if you want any other info on this.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: urfrnddpk
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP error between UNIX to iSeries (Write Failed Broken Pipe)

Hi, I am iseries resource and having Issue in one of the sFTP failures between one of my job (Unix --> iSeries). The response to sending machine (Unix) is "Write Failed Broken Pipe". Appreciate any help Available on why this Issue happens, how can we replicate the same, what fixes can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hamelchauhan
1 Replies

9. Solaris

RWSocket::send: Broken pipe Error in /var/adm/messages

Hi Guys, I am getting some strange error in /var/adm/messages in my Solaris 10 box with Veritas Cluster and EMC storage. bash-3.00$ cat /var/adm/messages | egrep -v "lw8|snmp|sshd|xntpd|kern.info|LOGIN|link|service|started|finished|repeated|SS7 Log-daemon|success" Dec 18 09:58:35 GAMMa2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek.goel.piet
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we overcome Broken pipe error during scp,SFTP,Rsync while transferring big files.?

Hello All, Hope all are doing well. We use scp (some times sftp and rsync also) for transferring big files (around 2GB each ) from 1 Network to another Network. The Issues which we face :- During transfer some times( Once in 1 week (or twice)) , the speed of transfer gets down to 30 kb/s,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Upendra Bhushan
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)