Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove files from subdirectories given a list of filenames Post 302606784 by methyl on Monday 12th of March 2012 06:55:04 PM
Old 03-12-2012
@yogeshkumkar
I believe that we are waiting for some answers.

@gull04
Somebody with your experience of decent sized Sun servers is most welcome to continue to contribute to this board.

Personally I have never messed with IFS . There is always a better way.
What is a "Pb sized file system"? To me a "Tb" is quite big enough thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Remove Ctrl M characters in files from directories and its subdirectories

Hi, How to recursively remove Ctrl M characters in files from a directory and its sub directory ? I know unix2dos command is there but to remove in bunch of files ... ? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: skdp
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list largest files in a directory & its subdirectories

I need to find the largest files in a directory & it's subdirectories. I'm not sure what options on ls -l will work to give me this. or is there another way to do this? Thanks, igidttam (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read list of filenames from text file, archive, and remove

I posted a week ago regarding this scripting question, but I need to revisit and have a few more questions answered.. User cfajohnson was extremely helpful with the archive script, but clarification on my part is needed to help steer the answer in a direction that works in this particular... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read list of filenames from text file and remove these files in multiple directories

I have a large list of filenames from an Excel sheet, which I then translate into a simple text file. I'd like to use this list, which contains various file extensions , to archive these files and then remove them recursively through multiple directories and subdirectories. So far, it looks like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list the files but exclude the files in subdirectories

If I execute the command "ls -l /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/* | awk -F' ' '{print $9}' | cut -d'/' -f6-8" it will list all the files in /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/ directory as well as the files in subdirectories also proj/code/test.sh proj/code/test1.c proj/code/unix... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyjuezy
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove directory with subdirectories and files?

I'm trying to remove several directories which contains sun-dirs and files inside. I used the command rm -r <dirname> But, it always ask "examine file in directory <dirname> yes/no?" line by line. So, i need to write "y" for every line. How can i skip this step and remove all directories with... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppa108
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter only gz files from list of subdirectories

Hi, I have a very big directory structure that consists of many sub-directories inside.There are around 50 ".gz" files under this dir structure. I want to copy all the gz files alone to a seperate location. Plz help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: villain41
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with *.i extension in a directory and all its subdirectories + 30days old then remove

I need to write a script to : list files with *.i extension in a directory and all its subdirectories + 30days old, save it in a file and then remove (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lena keung
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

List all files in subdirectories which are modifiled recently.

Hello, I wanted to list all files in subdirectories which are modifiled recently. need to display all files with full details like hpw it display with ls -l ( date, size,..) Thanks Bala (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list the names of the files from all the subdirectories?

Hi, I'm currently trying to print the names of all the .txt files in the subdirectories that contain the string I'm searching. I tried with this code, but it seems that it searches for the names that matches the string instead of searching for the string in the individual files and printing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuclearpenguin
2 Replies
REVERSI(6)							   Games Manual 							REVERSI(6)

NAME
reversi - a game of dramatic reversals SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/reversi [ [ -r ] file ] DESCRIPTION
Reversi (also known as `friends', `Chinese friends' and `Othello') is played on an 8x8 board using two-sided tokens. Each player takes his turn by placing a token with his side up in an empty square. During the first four turns, players may only place tokens in the four cen- tral squares of the board. Subsequently, with each turn, a player must capture one or more of his opponent's tokens. He does this by placing one of his tokens such that it and another of his tokens embrace a solid line of his opponent's horizontally, vertically or diago- nally. Captured tokens are flipped over and thus can be re-captured. If a player cannot outflank his opponent he forfeits his turn. The play continues until the board is filled or until no more outflanking is possible. In this game, your tokens are asterisks and the machine's are at-signs. You move by typing in the row and column at which you want to place your token as two digits (1-8), optionally separated by blanks or tabs. You can also type c to continue the game after hitting break (this is only necessary if you interrupt the machine while it is deliberating). g n to start reversi playing against itself for the next n moves (or until the break key is hit). n to stop printing the board after each move. o to start it up again. p to print the board regardless. q to quit (without dishonor). s to print the score. Reversi also recognizes several commands which are valid only at the start of the game, before any moves have been made. They are f to let the machine go first. h n to ask for a handicap of from one to four corner squares. If you're good, you can give the machine a handicap by typing a negative number. l n to set the amount of lookahead used by the machine in searching for moves. Zero means none at all. Four is the default. Greater than six means you may fall asleep waiting for the machine to move. t n to tell reversi that you will only need n seconds to consider each move. If you fail to respond in the alloted time, you forfeit your turn. If reversi is given a file name as an argument, it will checkpoint the game, move by move, by dumping the board onto file. The -r option will cause reversi to restart the game from file and continue logging. REVERSI(6)